Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2006, 21:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

am very interested in the talk about the esteem's choices and the F1. Till yesterday, i was convinced F1 was the right choice for me, based purely on looks & trusting the brand to be true. even the shop chappie was pretty eager to push it on to me. but today i heard another side of the story regds the F1 & was shell shocked to confirm it here in this site. Thanx GTO for helping me save at least 17Ks. i am thinking of fixing 14" alloys & 185/60/14 Michelin P tyres on my esteem vx. what do u guys think? is there any better option for me. i am expecting good ride quality, life & looks. any good advice ???
Old 9th July 2006, 16:05   #32

yokohoma avs sport is any day betr tyre comparing wid fedral...u hav payed 1.5k more for tat tire
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:28   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey GTO,
thought i would share my experiences with the Eagles on this thread too instead of starting a new one.
Though ours is the GS D2 and not the GS D3.

They lasted for 40Kkm but i am not sure about the grip levels as the car was chauffuer driven and i don't have a license.
However, as a passenger, i was quite quite dissappointed with the tyres.
There was excessive tyre noise seeping into the cabin and the ride wasn't as comfortable as before.
Though the previous tyres only lasted 27Kkm, they were way more comfortable.
Recently, we got them changed to Michelin Energys (reveiw on that coming up soon) and when i saw these tyres, i was surprised at the high no. of punctures.
Each tyre had around 4 punctures minimum in them. Infact one tyre had 6 punctures in them.
In comparison, the merc which travels worse roads has only had 6 punctures in its full 25Kkm history and the NCT5s are holding up really well.
Even the Fiesta has only had 2 punctures, this after travelling 20Kkm on all types of roads!
Was really dissappointed with the Goodyears. Never going to recommend them for sure.

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th April 2007 at 01:23.
Old 22nd October 2020, 03:12   #34

Re: Short Review - Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s

At 7k for 205/55 on a corolla altis 2017, good consideration or should I look at 225/55 R16.Just looking to make the car more fun for a couple of years of life remaining. Driving 20k km every year. Spirited driving if possible on the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks