Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Third set of shoes for the BMW 5 series

There seems to be a complete void in the market for my required size.

Dealers claim the imports of tyres have been off for the past few months and also some ISI marking issue.

Saifee has managed to source 3 Yoko Advan Sports for me but its pointless as I require 4 totally.

Another option is Conti CPC2 but I am not too sure if they are right for my needs.

Are the Advans more comfy than PP2s?
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:25   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

Another option is Conti CPC2 but I am not too sure if they are right for my needs.

Are the Advans more comfy than PP2s?
CpC2 has rubbish grip compared to what you are looking at. The tcs light will light up even more than now with those.

I think the Advans will be as comfy if not more than the PP2s. Did you try with Pal tyres?
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:36   #18
Senior - BHPian

Sahil, I checked with my local Yoko dealer here in Delhi and he has Advan Sport in 245/45 R17. He quoted 14.5k per tyre. I asked if he can deliver in Mumbai but he said he can deliver only in and around delhi NCR. So, if at all you can arrange to get them from Delhi. I can give you the dealer's number and you can talk to him directly.

For substitutes, he quoted PS3 and CPC2s..
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:06   #19
BHPian

I am also searching for 225/50 17 Michelin Primacy HP tires without any luck :(

can anyone help me out if these tires are available anywhere in Blore or India ?
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:27   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
CpC2 has rubbish grip compared to what you are looking at. The tcs light will light up even more than now with those.

I think the Advans will be as comfy if not more than the PP2s. Did you try with Pal tyres?

I just checked with Pal after seeing you post. He doesn't have Advans or P-HP either.

Although he is recommending Dunlop Direzza DZ101. He says they are at par with my other two options and he has fresh stock of them.

Only glitch is that they are grey market import. I am not sure how much that makes a difference since claiming warranty from Yoko or Michelin is a headache anyway.They are priced at 10k

So whats the verdict on these guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sahil, I checked with my local Yoko dealer here in Delhi and he has Advan Sport in 245/45 R17. He quoted 14.5k per tyre. I asked if he can deliver in Mumbai but he said he can deliver only in and around delhi NCR. So, if at all you can arrange to get them from Delhi. I can give you the dealer's number and you can talk to him directly.

For substitutes, he quoted PS3 and CPC2s..
Gaurav- Thanks ! Appreciate you effort. But would not be practical to get them down from Delhi. Pal has qouted me 13.5 for these tyres but could source only 2
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:48   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Stay away from Dunlop. Pal had sold me Dunlop SP9000s (when they were the 'in' thing) for my OHC and i had trouble with quality. However, they were officially bought and he helped me replace them. However, he himself told me that nearly all his customers complained about dunlop.

Also, the tyre ban has just been lifted for 3 months.
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:04   #22
BHPian

Tejas - Is it confirmed ? can you please post where did you get this info from, as far as i have checked, tire companies have no clue !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 23rd June 2011 at 17:12.
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:30   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

I think the Advans in 245/45/17 would be around 12k max.
I have once bought 245/45/17 for 22k each. Pirelli run flats.
Old 23rd June 2011, 17:54   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Stay away from Dunlop. Pal had sold me Dunlop SP9000s (when they were the 'in' thing) for my OHC and i had trouble with quality. However, they were officially bought and he helped me replace them. However, he himself told me that nearly all his customers complained about dunlop.

Also, the tyre ban has just been lifted for 3 months.
Kenny just lost a brownie point. I was pleased with his straight forward approach at first but him highly recommending the Dunlops even though he has told you of numerous complaints is not being straight forward !

If the tyre ban has been lifted it will be a while before the imports come in.
I have emailed Michelin regarding Primacy HPs for my size. Hopefully they will respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Thats not a bad price considering I paid 20k for 225/50/17 for Dunlop runflats.
With the way prices are hiking for premium tyres, the price difference between tubeless and runflats is drawing closer.

Last edited by Sahil : 23rd June 2011 at 17:57.
Old 23rd June 2011, 18:54   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Kenny just lost a brownie point. I was pleased with his straight forward approach at first but him highly recommending the Dunlops even though he has told you of numerous complaints is not being straight forward !
This was 6 years ago when the SP9000s were the only Z rated tyres available. That's when he said no and told me about complaints. Give him the benefit of doubt and the brownie point back

Atleast since mine were officially bought, he helped me claim warrantee and got them exchanged. I would stay away from gray market ones since there is no claim possible.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:25   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I just checked with Pal after seeing you post. He doesn't have Advans or P-HP either.

Although he is recommending Dunlop Direzza DZ101. He says they are at par with my other two options and he has fresh stock of them.

Only glitch is that they are grey market import. I am not sure how much that makes a difference since claiming warranty from Yoko or Michelin is a headache anyway.They are priced at 10k

So whats the verdict on these guys?
From what I just read on tirerack, these Dunlops are budget performance tires equivalent to the S-Drives. They will have neither the handling nor the ride comfort of Advans or equivalent. Stay away is what I advise. Speak to Kenny ask him when fresh stock of Advans are expected. I think a container comes in every 2 weeks or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Pirelli = expensive + runflat = waaay overpriced.

Quote:
Like Tejas said, give him his brownie points back. 6 years is enough to change your opinion about a brand.
Old 23rd June 2011, 20:37   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes 6 years is a lot. I'll give the brownie point back

He said he can source two tyres and saifee said he can source three. So maybe I should combine and buy them? Unless of course they have the same end source then it's pointless!

Kennys rate was 1000rs cheaper so will give him credit for it.

But my hearts yet set on primacy hp! It's totally out of stock
Old 23rd June 2011, 21:34   #28
BHPian

I called Michelin India again today inquiring for the Primacy HP tires. Again no proper idea on when they will get it. They said they will call me back but no call back ever comes. Their customer care just sucks.

I have mailed Michelin france about this issue, hope i get some response from them. Will try calling them later to nite.
Old 24th June 2011, 01:00   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gaurav- Thanks ! Appreciate you effort. But would not be practical to get them down from Delhi. Pal has qouted me 13.5 for these tyres but could source only 2
No Problem man. 13.5 is a good price. I believe you should wait for 2 weeks for the container to come. I am sure nothing will come close to Advan Sport in terms of performance. The TCS light on my friends 5, which too runs to advans started blinking a lot after 30k kms. They do provide extra in terms of grip, but dont be astonished if they go a little loud with time. Lastly, I have never driven any car with PP2 but if I go according to the reviews I have read about PP2s, I think the advans wont be that good at comfort. Though they are not bad either.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:29   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I called Michelin India again today inquiring for the Primacy HP tires. Again no proper idea on when they will get it. They said they will call me back but no call back ever comes. Their customer care just sucks.

I have mailed Michelin france about this issue, hope i get some response from them. Will try calling them later to nite.
Tell me about it ! I sent them a mail asking if they can source four tyres for me, they write back asking something on the lines of me wanting to open a michelin dealership! I replied back saying I need four damn tyres not an entire dealership !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks