Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2011, 11:18   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Third set of shoes for the BMW 5 series

@Sahil:
Have you found your tyres as yet?
Looking for a set of 4/5 for our E60 as well, and need to hurry up on the replacement.
Finally convinced dad to make the switch to tubeless.
Old 4th July 2011, 13:17   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
I called Michelin India again today inquiring for the Primacy HP tires. Again no proper idea on when they will get it. They said they will call me back but no call back ever comes. Their customer care just sucks.

I have mailed Michelin france about this issue, hope i get some response from them. Will try calling them later to nite.
Nirmal, as of now Michelin has the MXV8 in your size. They have absolutely NO idea of bringing in the Primacy HP anytime soon.

The ban on non-ISI tyres has NOT been lifted. Just that non-ISI tyres imported before May 13th are now being allowed to be sold in the open, legal market.
Old 4th July 2011, 16:28   #33
BHPian

Thanks Nikhil,

Some good news, the Audi dealer has been able to source the same tire - Primacy HP from somewhere, & is offering it to me at R 13,500
Old 4th July 2011, 17:19   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@Sahil:
Have you found your tyres as yet?
Looking for a set of 4/5 for our E60 as well, and need to hurry up on the replacement.
Finally convinced dad to make the switch to tubeless.
Nope nothing yet. Have been asked to wait about a month before the stocks start coming in.
Old 4th July 2011, 20:50   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

That is a long wait away.
With the onset of the monsoons, and our requirement for a comfort oriented tyre led us to the Michelin MXV8. Will drive the car soon and update on the handling front.
Old 18th August 2011, 12:03   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any update on the tyre import ISI norms? When can we expect stocks to come in more freely? I've been waiting for 3 months !
Old 8th May 2012, 12:21   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Is there any update on the tyre import ISI norms? When can we expect stocks to come in more freely? I've been waiting for 3 months !
What rubber are you running on now?

One of my Michelin Primacy HP had a burst few days back! Thankfully it happened at home. From 35psi to 1 atmospheric pressure in 2-3 seconds! And this was only remaining tyre of four, that didn't get a bulge from the potholes.

This gives me a reason to to make switch to something better, since I already wanted something that would give me more scratchy grip (increased friction feel) of road, rather than this boat like comfort of the Primacy HP.

Are the Yokohama Advan Sport still the grail in our market?

Last edited by Gurpartap Singh : 8th May 2012 at 12:23.
Old 8th May 2012, 15:17   #38
BHPian

It really is a pain to find a tire to replace your pp2's with. mine on the corolla wore out and i had to buy s-drives.
THEY ARE PATHETIC ! Especially so after a set of pp and pp2 over the years.
Old 14th May 2012, 01:39   #39
JRD
BHPian

Tubeless Tyres for BMW 530D

Hello to all...

My F10 530D is due for a Tyre change and i have decided to change the rims and the RFTs to tubeless as well. I have already bought 8J x 18s rims for the front and 9J x 18s rims for the rears. (the same spec for F10 530D M sport in europe)

Now the recommended tires or rather the BMW Europe referred size for these rims are:
245/45/R18 Front
275/40/R18 Rear

I looked at some tires online and Michelin pilot sport seems to have a good rep with BMW owners worldwide. Anyway please suggest options for the above mentioned Tyre size, their availability in India, space saver Tyre for emergencies and what kind of price range should i be expecting for these tires.

Thanks in advance..
JRD

Last edited by JRD : 14th May 2012 at 01:41. Reason: Spell Check
Old 14th May 2012, 05:34   #40
VSD
BHPian

Re: Tubeless Tyres for BMW 530D

Hey i think you can get those tire sizes in Yokohama advan sport series or Pirelli Pzero.

Yokohamas should cost you around 20k and pirellis are expensive so most probably around 30k+

You should visit the site, they usually have good range of tires and i think they even ship them. Buy Tyre Online :: Change My Tyre

I am also in a look-out for some new rims for my 525, would you mind posting a picture of the wheels you bought?
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 16:22   #41
JRD
BHPian

Re: Third set of shoes for the BMW 5 series

ya the 245 is not a problem to find but the 275 for the rears seems hard to find in india. I bought my rims from the US so have to wait till they reach india. Will post the pictures after they arrive in india.
Old 16th May 2012, 12:54   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRD View Post
ya the 245 is not a problem to find but the 275 for the rears seems hard to find in india. I bought my rims from the US so have to wait till they reach india. Will post the pictures after they arrive in india.
The best thing for you to do is to order the tires of tire rack. It will probably be cheaper than getting tyres here and they will be fresh stock. Michelins may give you trouble with their soft sidewalls. Suggest you stick to Yokohama.
Old 11th January 2016, 09:37   #43

Tyres Recommendation for 2008 BMW 530d

Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a pre-worshiped 2008 BMW 530d. The car has 245/40 R18 currently (run-flats). The tire ruptured within 100 km even though it was a new tire. I want to change the tire so that it is better suited to Indian road conditions (insane amount of potholes) and for maximum ride comfort. What tires would you recommend?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12th January 2016, 07:17   #44

Tyre recommendations for BMW 2008 530d Highline

Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a pre-worshiped 2008 BMW 530d. The car has 245/40 R18 currently (run-flats). The tire ruptured within 100 km even though it was a new tire. I want to change the tire so that it is better suited to Indian road conditions (insane amount of potholes) and for maximum ride comfort. What tires would you recommend?

Would downgrading to 17inch wheels help. If so what tyres should I get then? Where can I get the wheels exchanged as I don't want to spend on getting new rims.

Thanks for your help.
Old 26th January 2016, 22:23   #45
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Would downgrading to 17inch wheels help. If so what tyres should I get then? Where can I get the wheels exchanged as I don't want to spend on getting new rims.
That will cost you a lot , I doubt someone will exchange old rims , buying non BMW rims is not advisable , I had some bad experience once which was probably due to wrong dimensions

Quote:
The car has 245/40 R18 currently (run-flats).
your best bet will be to shift to regular tubeless , should be fine with 40 profile but check if you can fit size 45 - I am not too sure but your local BMW service adviser should be able to help you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks