Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2021, 19:12   #106
BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Hi Everybody.
I Need help. Am confused a lot.
Any advantages or disadvantages I should be looking out for? A bit of Increased Road noise , harder steering, increased FE I can settle for.
Concerns are harder/ bouncier ride , aquaplaning issues & if there will be increased wear & tear on suspension or other parts due to increased weight.
I go to Ladakh ,Spiti 1-2 times a year. Rest of the time tarmac.
Please advise.
The added 30 Kgs, IMHO, isn't going to prove to be a problem for the suspension. Enjoy the BFG's
KK2001 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2021, 11:30   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Since you do Ladakh, Spiti every year, you should go with BFG eyes shut. Folks who have been using are really loving it. On road performance might not be as good as best HT tire but will be comparable to a good HT. There is no competition come offroad. I haven't heard people complain much about road noise or grip.
Thanks.
Will it affect the acceleration as such ?
Old 18th August 2021, 13:25   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nariman View Post
Thanks.
Will it affect the acceleration as such ?
There will/might be some impact on suspension, acceleration and fuel economy but for Fortuner it may not be an impact to be worried about. Suspension is quite abuse friendly and should do fine with BFG. Steering will feel heavier though.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 15:36   #109

Had Continental Cross Contact R17 size which served well. They were smooth for city usage.
Changed to Bridgestone Deullers AT 693. Main difference is better grip on roads. But felt more resistance due to the increased grip.
Road noise is ok. Better grip than the Continentals on mud and rough roads. Though nothing exceptional.
Had them on my Scorpio and they lasted for 75 kms with some tread still left before changing to the same brand again. Suffered only one puncture. Touchwood.

So if it’s for decent pace city driving and highway use then they’re good enough and are moderately priced and last really long.
Got them for 12500 each from the official dealer.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-51b4c975bedb45d1af0e646bbe4d1588.jpeg  

FortunerTRD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 14:19   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortunerTRD View Post
Had Continental Cross Contact R17 size which served well. They were smooth for city usage.
Changed to Bridgestone Deullers AT 693. Main difference is better grip on roads. But felt more resistance due to the increased grip.
Road noise is ok. Better grip than the Continentals on mud and rough roads. Though nothing exceptional.
Had them on my Scorpio and they lasted for 75 kms with some tread still left before changing to the same brand again. Suffered only one puncture. Touchwood.

So if it’s for decent pace city driving and highway use then they’re good enough and are moderately priced and last really long.
Got them for 12500 each from the official dealer.
Any pics of the same on the car?
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:13   #111

Hope this picture helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-4c0e1c06d54047dfa750629bb58f3e8e.jpeg  

FortunerTRD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 01:15   #112
BHPian

Hi,
Does anyone know who is authorised distributor for Lenso wheels in India ?
From what i could gather SpeedPro is listed on the Lenso website and apart from them Autopsyche handles the North
(the information may not be correct and up to date)

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 21st February 2022, 20:08   #113
BHPian

Just an Update for fellow fortuner owners who are looking to upgrade to a new set of tyres-
Michelin has launched the LTX trail in the 265/65/R17 and 265/60/R18 size for the indian market. It is readily available with every Michelin dealer, so you are no longer stuck with yokohamas, bridgestones or continentals. Just a heads up
Old 1st March 2022, 20:34   #114
BHPian

Guys,

I have pre-owned Fortuner 2010, want to replace my existing Continental Cross Contact AT. Thread pattern is still good however I see that previous owner have changed a pair at a time hence front are 3 year old and rear are 5 year old. Front can do some more kms. however rear one are gone for sure and I don't want to go again in pair at a time now. All in all I feel they have done their job now.

Front Right
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220301-2.47.19-pm-1.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220301-2.47.19-pm.jpeg

Front Left
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220301-2.47.20-pm.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220301-2.47.18-pm.jpeg

Rear
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-whatsapp-image-20220301-2.47.38-pm.jpeg

I am looking for tires which will serve 70% on road and 30 % off-road hence I have following options in mind:

1. Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T - 1.5 yrs unconditional replacement warranty
2. Bridgestone Deullers AT 693

Not going for Michelin as they are 3.5 K more per tyre.

Both are costing almost same and what I gather from forum is Yoko is majorly optioned however I am confused because company now provide BS along with vehicle.

So technically what is the difference between these 2 brands.

Thanks,
Vishal

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 1st March 2022 at 20:51.
Old 2nd March 2022, 00:21   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Guys,

I have pre-owned Fortuner 2010, want to replace my existing Continental Cross Contact AT. Thread pattern is still good however I see that previous owner have changed a pair at a time hence front are 3 year old and rear are 5 year old. Front can do some more kms. however rear one are gone for sure and I don't want to go again in pair at a time now. All in all I feel they have done their job now.
Hi Vishal,
Bridgestone Dueler AT(D693) is an all terrain tyre. It's an okay tyre, but in wet conditions, the grip is really bad. You'll feel like the tyres are trying to kill you. Yokohama geolandar G015's are great. Just got a set for my fortuner back in July last year. Exceptional road grip, in both wet and dry conditions and negligible road noise. But if I were you, I'd spend that 3.5K extra per tyre and go for the Michelins. Are you getting the Michelin LTX trail by any chance?

Last edited by Sheel : 3rd April 2022 at 16:32. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 4th March 2022, 16:27   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I am looking for tires which will serve 70% on road and 30 % off-road hence I have following options in mind:

1. Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T - 1.5 yrs unconditional replacement warranty
2. Bridgestone Deullers AT 693
Changed to Yokohama Geolander G015 today, driving experience is changed drastically. Somehow steering is very light now. Changed all 5 tires as the spare tire was from OEM set that means 12 yrs old.

Total cost = 65000. Includes tires, wheel balancing and alignment.

Very lucky that I got the tires manufactured in Feb 2022.

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-fortuner-tyre-yokohama-2.jpeg

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-fortuner-tyre-yokohama-1.jpeg
Thar4x4 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th March 2022, 01:38   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Changed to Yokohama Geolander G015 today, driving experience is changed drastically. Somehow steering is very light now. Changed all 5 tires as the spare tire was from OEM set that means 12 yrs old.

Total cost = 65000. Includes tires, wheel balancing and alignment.

Very lucky that I got the tires manufactured in Feb 2022.

Attachment 2280262

Attachment 2280263
Welcome to the Yokohama club. The Yokos won't disappoint you. Just make sure you run 33 Psi in all the four tyres. This might make the ride a little bouncy but your steering will feel very light, as compared to 32 Psi. Attaching a pic of the set of my Yokos on my Fortuner
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot_2022030515410415236.jpg  

KK2001 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2022, 15:04   #118
BHPian

My fortuner has done 70 k kms and is now looking for a new set of tyres. The tread is still present but i could see fine cracks appearing on the sidewall and my local tyre guy has suggested that its unsafe to take out on the highway. Also the service centre has made a recommendation for tyre change in their service invoice too.

My usage is primarily on the highway or local roads with no off-roading whatsoever. Even the highway ride is now mostly on expressways. So i really don't need AT tyres but since I have 17'' rims on it I don't get any option of HT tyres. I've shortlisted Michelin Ltx trail and Yokohama Geolander. There is a difference of around 2k per tyre between michelins and Yokohama which i feel is ok since I personally consider Michelins better. The confusion is that the design of the tread for the Michelins is so aggressive that i feel that it'll have more road noise than the Yokohama. Also the speed rating for the michelins is T as opposed to Yoko's H rating not that we do any high speeds but again makes me wonder if its because the michelins are more bent towards off-roading?

I'm mostly looking for a silent tyre though i still have no noise complaint with the Bridgestones at 70k kms even now. Do suggest as i have fixed the appointment at my tyre shop for tomorrow.
rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 03:39   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugsrags View Post
My fortuner has done 70 k kms and is now looking for a new set of tyres. The tread is still present but i could see fine cracks appearing on the sidewall and my local tyre guy has suggested that its unsafe to take out on the highway. Also the service centre has made a recommendation for tyre change in their service invoice too.

My usage is primarily on the highway or local roads with no off-roading whatsoever. Even the highway ride is now mostly on expressways. So i really don't need AT tyres but since I have 17'' rims on it I don't get any option of HT tyres. I've shortlisted Michelin Ltx trail and Yokohama Geolander. There is a difference of around 2k per tyre between michelins and Yokohama which i feel is ok since I personally consider Michelins better. The confusion is that the design of the tread for the Michelins is so aggressive that i feel that it'll have more road noise than the Yokohama. Also the speed rating for the michelins is T as opposed to Yoko's H rating not that we do any high speeds but again makes me wonder if its because the michelins are more bent towards off-roading?

I'm mostly looking for a silent tyre though i still have no noise complaint with the Bridgestones at 70k kms even now. Do suggest as i have fixed the appointment at my tyre shop for tomorrow.
Hi Rugs/Rags
I'm pretty sure you can source Bridgestone Dueler HT's in the 265/65//R17 size. With respect to Michelin, are you sure you are getting the LTX force since that's only available in 275/65/R17(an upsize). Michelin has released their new tyre called the LTX trail that's available in 265/65/R17. With respect to Yokohama geolandar G015's, I've clocked 10K kms on them and needless to say. I'm very happy with their performance. If I were in your position, I'd go for the Michelin LTX trail or Yokohama geolandars.
Old 3rd April 2022, 16:06   #120
BHPian

I got my tyres changed to Michelin ltx trail. Haven't felt much of a difference yet between my old and new tyres which is pretty surprising but will wait for a longer drive to find out.

Attaching pictures of old and new tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20220403_142259.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20220402_173141.jpg  

rugsrags is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks