Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2013, 20:09   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: VW Jetta : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

The PLCs are in short supply all over the country it seems. Try and get Yoko C drives, otherwise get the CpC2s.
Old 29th June 2013, 15:26   #17
BHPian

Are the Jetta's stock tyres a serious enough problem to warrant an immediate swap? Am getting the TDI CL in a couple of weeks and have not budgeted for a tyre swap.
Old 7th July 2013, 00:40   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrippin View Post
Are the Jetta's stock tyres a serious enough problem to warrant an immediate swap? Am getting the TDI CL in a couple of weeks and have not budgeted for a tyre swap.
I too finally decided to keep the stock tyres on my TDI CL. Other than being noisy at highway speeds, I do not have any other complaints. However, I have not driven a Jetta on say PLCs to be able to do an apples to apples comparison.
Additionally, considering the stretches of bad roads that I have been encountering with the onset of the monsoon, and keeping the reputation of PLCs as being tyres that need some attention while driving, I think I am better off with the stock tyres as of now.
Old 14th July 2013, 03:41   #19
BHPian

I have recently got a pre worshipped Jetta. Need to change my tires. Stock size is 205/55 16". I am planning to upgrade to 215/55 16". I have shortlisted bridgestone turanza, yokohoma db series and little cost saving if I go for appollo acellere max. Please suggest the best option.
Old 14th July 2013, 13:31   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
I have recently got a pre worshipped Jetta. Need to change my tires. Stock size is 205/55 16". I am planning to upgrade to 215/55 16". I have shortlisted bridgestone turanza, yokohoma db series and little cost saving if I go for appollo acellere max. Please suggest the best option.
Why do you want to go wider? 215/55 is not the perfect upsize. Unless you drive really quick 205s are enough.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2013, 17:57   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Why do you want to go wider? 215/55 is not the perfect upsize. Unless you drive really quick 205s are enough.
I travel every week between mumbai and pune via the expressway. I do drive quick. I generally keep the pace above 120.
Old 15th July 2013, 10:58   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I travel every week between mumbai and pune via the expressway. I do drive quick. I generally keep the pace above 120.
Is yours the 105bhp, or the present Jetta?

Look at something like this
http://www.tyreonwheels.com/detail.p...id=17&button6=

Will give you the extra grip you need. 225/50 is the correct upsize but if your car is the 105bhp engine then it will slow the car down. With better tyres in the stock size you will still see a reasonable difference. These will be good enough if you do 120-140, if you do more then you may need wider tyres.
Old 15th July 2013, 15:40   #23
BHPian

Yes akshay, mine is the 105bhp Jetta. I think I will stay with the stock size itself coz I feel that the car is underpowered. I have more options to choose from as well.Plus there is a significant price jump if I upsize my tyres. Might go with Michelin Primary LC or C drive. What do you suggest out of the two. My previous experiences with goodyears and appollos have been bad. Have never tried bridgestone. And any good place near santa cruz to get them? Thanks in advance.
Old 15th July 2013, 16:37   #24
BHPian

Yokohama's website shows only two tyres for 205/55R16: A.drive R1 and AVS Decibel. Any other model you get may be old stock; make sure to check the mfg date.

I have also been doing research because my Linea Emotion OE tyres are Goodyear EAGLE NCT 5 of the same size, and I want to switch to a better tyre.
Old 15th July 2013, 19:05   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes akshay, mine is the 105bhp Jetta. I think I will stay with the stock size itself coz I feel that the car is underpowered. I have more options to choose from as well.Plus there is a significant price jump if I upsize my tyres. Might go with Michelin Primary LC or C drive. What do you suggest out of the two. My previous experiences with goodyears and appollos have been bad. Have never tried bridgestone. And any good place near santa cruz to get them? Thanks in advance.

Well then its better you stick to the stock size.

If you want a sporty tyre, which is pretty comfortable and silent then get the Advan Sports.

The C drives and PLCs are more comfort oriented, with the Michelin having the better ride and silence and the Yokos being a bit more tough.

I think Saifee tyres is that side of town, otherwise you can try Pal tyres at Opera House.

Avoid the A drive R1s, they are noisy and stiff budget tyres.
Old 15th July 2013, 21:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Well then its better you stick to the stock size.

If you want a sporty tyre, which is pretty comfortable and silent then get the Advan Sports.
Avoid the A drive R1s, they are noisy and stiff budget tyres.
Thanks. Shall post the reviews soon.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:15   #27
BHPian

will i get anything back for my 20 day old tyres. one tyre is bust because of potholes in hyderabad bidar road. so i am thinking of getting 4 new tyres.
Old 1st December 2013, 18:16   #28
BHPian

Changed my stock Goodyear nct5 on jetta yesterday from madhus.Had driven the car 5000 Kms on the stock tyre.Exchange at INR 3250 per piece .picked up Michelin primacy 3st.

Have driven over 200 Kms on the new tyres .Initial impression - ride is less noisy .overall happy with the new set of tyres.
Old 26th August 2014, 23:03   #29
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Just went through some tyre reviews and the Apollo alnac 4g seems to have done exceedingly well in a lot of tests. Are these good tyres?
Old 2nd September 2014, 09:57   #30
BHPian

Just to help others here, I changed the stock tyres of my Jetta to Pirelli Centurati P7 under the watchful eyes of our friendly co member nikhil.

I had a nice 500 km run on the weekend and the car just glides. I have never been happier with a set of tyres or the car for that matter. The tyres are absolutly quiet even at speeds of around 120.

The only thing I found a bit disconcerting was a bit of tramlining at speeds. Maybe this is becuase its new. I will leave it to Nikhil to correct me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks