Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-10.html)

Tyre gurus. Could you please let me know the effect of having a 195/60/14 instead of 195/60/15(perfect size). I think this upgrade has reduced the ground clearance of my car. I keep bumping into speed breakers(big ones) quite often.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swift8847 (Post 787634)
Tyre gurus. Could you please let me know the effect of having a 195/60/14 instead of 195/60/15(perfect size). I think this upgrade has reduced the ground clearance of my car. I keep bumping into speed breakers(big ones) quite often.

Your Swift will redline faster but the top speed will come down.

Can somebody help

I read somewhere in the thread, filling tyres with Nitrogen. What is this ? Is it right and safe to fill the tyres with Nitrogen ?. Usually on long trips, the temperature of the tyres increase. What is the impact if the tyres have nitrogen in this scenarion ?

Thanks KPZen. I also wanted to know if this affects the ground clearance.

Hi all,

Thank you everybody. I took delivery of my VDI yesterday. I have changed the tyres to XM1+, all 5 tyres. The dealer was Tyrestore. Charged me 3500 for the new and for the buyback 1000 per tyre. Seems to be rolling better than the stock tyres. On the ride and comfort did not see much of a difference or may be i am not able to make it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash001 (Post 790977)
Hi all,

Thank you everybody. I took delivery of my VDI yesterday. I have changed the tyres to XM1+, all 5 tyres. The dealer was Tyrestore. Charged me 3500 for the new and for the buyback 1000 per tyre. Seems to be rolling better than the stock tyres. On the ride and comfort did not see much of a difference or may be i am not able to make it out.

Congratulations for the car and the tyres.cheers:
Drive safe.

What is the correct tyre pressure for Swift 185/70/R14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash001 (Post 796518)

Petrol or diesel?
Try +/- (2) of the recommended tyre psi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rash001 (Post 796518)

29 PSI when cold but increase by 2 psi if the distance to pump is about 5km or more. I normally keep it at 33 PSI.

Car gurus, I have stock tyres of swift ZXI but I get the feeling that after running for 15000 KMs they are stating to squeal a lot when making turns ( and no I am not burning any rubber!). Any options, apart from the obvious replacement choice?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaroop77 (Post 796823)
Car gurus, I have stock tyres of swift ZXI but I get the feeling that after running for 15000 KMs they are stating to squeal a lot when making turns ( and no I am not burning any rubber!). Any options, apart from the obvious replacement choice?

Not really apart from rotation (Front tyres to back & vice-versa). If it doesn't work then bear them till you want to really replace them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vid6639 (Post 785611)
Swift upsize is 195/65-14 or 195-60-15 and not 195/60-14.

Or 195/65 15... :):)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 796900)
Not really apart from rotation (Front tyres to back & vice-versa). If it doesn't work then bear them till you want to really replace them.

Thanks, I am due for a rotation now ( I do it every 5000 KMs). Guess I should have replaced them when new. Let me check how much a replacement to michelins will cost and decide.

This is just to inform that swift is now also coming with MRF tyres other then JK.

I got friends Swift VDI's MRF 165/80 R14 exchanged for Michelin 185/70/R14 Energy XM1+. Got Rs 1500 for each MRF tyre and paid Rs.3400 for every Michelin. Effectively Rs.1900 per tyre after exchange.

So, anyone planning for Swift try getting one with MRF rather then JK tyres.

Are those ZVTS or ZEC?

KP, they were not ZVTS for sure. The name started with Z, but not sure if it was ZES.