Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-11.html)

One of the best decisions of my life was upgrading to 185/70 Michelin Energy XM1s (on stock rims, I may add) - the ride quality/cornering has improved dramatically. And those pig squeals of the 165/80s are a thing of the past..

are Michelin XM1+ tyres available for 195/60/15" alloys of swift?
the Michelin India site shows its only available for 195/65 which is not the most preferred upgrade for swift!!
if not for XM1+,then which other manufactures should i look for?

They are available in Michelin Energy MXV8 & BFGoodrich G-Force Sport.

Well, wanted to ask which tires are better .. Yokohoma ES100 or S-Drive?
Also what wud be the possible difference between 195/60/15 and 205/60/15 on a Swift Zxi. Wud mileage be hampered a lot ??

Thanks !!

:thumbs up

S drives are better than ES100.
You won't get S drives in the sizes u have mentioned. S drives are available in 205/55-15.
195/60-15 would be the ideal upsize for Swift. 205/60-15 will scrape with against the wheel wells with full load or while taking a full turn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 813892)
S drives are better than ES100.
You won't get S drives in the sizes u have mentioned. S drives are available in 205/55-15.
195/60-15 would be the ideal upsize for Swift. 205/60-15 will scrape with against the wheel wells with full load or while taking a full turn.

@kpzen - thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, i did check the S drive, they come in 205/55/15. Well, that size seems to be a good upsize for Swift after checking the various threads. So u think I should go for a S drive instead of ES100?
Can someone point out the pros and cons of these 2 tires?

Thanks again !

:)

@Mushroomz, I don't have much idea about tyres, but I do know that the S-Drives are the updated/improved version of the ES100s. I think the ES100s are not being made any more. But the ES100s are excellent tyres (and available for very reasonable prices).

I use S-Drives now (used P-Ps on my earlier car) and I do like the way the car handles with them. Haven't started pushing the car, though (only 670-odd kms on the odo) but I'm sure they will do very well.

@hydrashok .. thanks for the light mate .. i`ll keep that in mind and check both of them out .. Lets see what others have to say too .. Have time on hand to decide for the tires .. :)

Hi Mushroomz,

Try Michellin xm1+ . Pretty good tyres. Costlier than the yokohama's but ride quality is good. Thanks Team BHP for suggesting it to me. Check the site for sizes you are looking for. Michelin India - Energy XM1+

@Rash001 .. thanks for your input. I checked the site and the tire. Looks good and seems to be fit for good performance. But cant find the needed size. I am upsizing to 15" and I got like 2 options there 195/65R15 ---205/65R15. I am actually looking for 205/55/R15 ..
So lets see. I`ll go and have a check with a tirewalla. I think Sdrive are doing well these days. Getting my mind set on them .. :)

:thumbs up

Hi Guys,To my knowledge 195/60/15 is the best and recommended wheel upgrade for the Swift. I am currently using this size too but planning to increase the rim size to 16". I believe in this case, 205/55/16 OR 205/50/16 would be the perfect size. Are these sizes recommended if upgrading to 16" ?I have also noticed that there have been mentions of 205/55/15. That's more than a 2% difference in the rolling radius. Is this figure acceptable? Also is'nt it true that if we increase the width of the tyre, there is a chance of busting the wheel bearings?Epic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 817351)
I have also noticed that there have been mentions of 205/55/15. That's more than a 2% difference in the rolling radius. Is this figure acceptable?c

205/55-15 is a good upsize for Swift.
There's a difference of over 2% in circumference if u take the stock size as 165/80-14.
If u calculate it for Zxi 185/70-14 the difference is only 1.32% which is well within acceptable limits.

Question for tyrewallas lol:. A close friend is getting a new Swift VDi and wishes to stick to 14" stock rims for ride comfort. Is 185/70 R14 the best upsize? Which one is recommended in that size between Yoko A300 and Michelin XM1+?

Yup 185/70-14 is the only choice for the stock rim. Stick to the Michelin's as the yokos are on the softer side and on our roads they may have some wear and tear issues.

Kp, was going to try out the A300's but not sure if he has put up a review?

Quote:

Originally Posted by reignofchaos (Post 817595)
Question for tyrewallas lol:. A close friend is getting a new Swift VDi and wishes to stick to 14" stock rims for ride comfort. Is 185/70 R14 the best upsize? Which one is recommended in that size between Yoko A300 and Michelin XM1+?

Yokohama A drive is available in 185/70-14 and 195/65-14.

Michelin XM+ is only available in 185/70-14.

@ Vid. I didn't get the A300 instead my friend got A drives for his Palio.