Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-14.html)

That's a pretty weird size for the swift. I haven't seen that size here in bangalore at all.

No clue.. but I am sure it is not 185 since i saw a zxi standing right next to my car and i could clearly make out the difference. And it was also one of the reasons for me to select the 185 profile. But I have again finalized the 195/60/R15 nowstupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 830500)
T
It seems to be a little more costly down south. Almost all dealers have quoted me atleast 1000 per ture.
Also the price that you mentioned for the 195/60/R15 Bridgestones seems to be on a higher side (i maybe wrong here).

Hmmm... sad but true.
Down south we have lot of "Rubber" trees...
We make the rubber but, its costs more here... Not Fair

Anyway I guess the new gen tyre have a lot less natural rubber.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic (Post 829651)
What about the wheel bearings?

What about them?

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 830140)
I find the price too good to be true.

I was told I'll get around 700-1000 for the stock tyre (165/80/14) that too depends on the make and 0 for the rim's

New tyre price in the range of 4200-4500 for 195/60/15
Bridgestone i think.

Stock tyres should fetch you at least between 1000-1200 per piece if exchanged brand new. Don't settle for anything less.

And 4.2-4.5k for a 195/60 R15 Bridgestone Potenza RE88 is sheer daylight robbery. Don't even think about it, that tyre is absolute junk. I ran it on my car previously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 830140)
In case of failure I guess the stock tyre can be put in place as the overall difference in diameter is negligible.

Tyre Guru's kindly confirm.

Bottom line " I'm confused "

Yes stock size & rim in spare will do just fine for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 830500)
Also the price that you mentioned for the 195/60/R15 Bridgestones seems to be on a higher side (i maybe wrong here).

Yes, it is too expensive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 830516)
Revved_up
I think u are gonna get 185/65-14 MRF ZV2k tyres with your Swift and not 165/80-14 JKs thats why u are getting a good buy back value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 830533)
How come i'm seeing so many VDi's with 185 MRF ZV2k ??? Or is it that all are upsizing to 185 MRFs??:confused:

What's this new 185/65 drama KP?

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 830568)
Stock tyres should fetch you at least between 1000-1200 per piece if exchanged brand new. Don't settle for anything less.

And 4.2-4.5k for a 195/60 R15 Bridgestone Potenza RE88 is sheer daylight robbery. Don't even think about it, that tyre is absolute junk. I ran it on my car previously!
What's this new 185/65 drama KP?

Thanks for confirming.
So 4 alloys and 4 new tryes. Stock remains in the boot.

I'm beginning to think the trye guy is trying to pull a fast one.
Anyway car will take some time to get delivered, dealer guy said will confirm this Saturday.

But the funny thing about price is I asked couple of tyre dealers (wholesale and retail) all are quoting the price in the same range.

Any local guys (read guys in and around cochin) can you help me find a good tyre dealer. please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 828633)
In Swift 205/60-15 will touch but 205/55-15 won't.

Hmmmm.. So there shouldnt be any issues getting that profile on. Had loads of confusion due to different threads and posts. Thanks for clearing it out.

:thumbs up

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if AC Schnitzer wheels are available in Mumbai or where in India can i purchase them from? Ive seen a set (or atleast they looked exactly like the AC Schnitzer Racing Wheel Type IV) on a Honda Civic, SX4 and even on a Swift in Mumbai and it is the most amazing design ive seen till date. Is a similar design in any other brand available here in Mumbai?

Epic

This is what i quoted in the other thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mushroomz (Post 833406)
Well, I took some time out and visited 2 tire dealers to check the pricing out for Yokohama tires. I was quoted 4.6k and 4.7k for Yoko S drive 205/55/R15 respectively.
They both giving a buy back offer. According to the calulations I would get around 10k for my tires and 10k for my Swift Zxi alloys (brand new).

Do you guys think its a good deal ??
Also both of them were a little hesitant with the 55 profile and told me why take chances of the tire brushing the wheel arc and informed me to go for a 50 profile.

What do you guys suggest? I have got mixed reactions on different thread regarding the same. Some say 55" is the right upsize for Swift and doesnt hamper anything. While some say that 55" is touching their Swift's wheel arc.
In short am confused. Should I go for 55" or 50"

please: advise.

Thanking you all in anticipation !!

:thumbs up

Iam have put 14" alloys and is currently running on the stock tyres.I want to upgrade my tyres.I need help in deciding on two things.(the usual question,but lot of opinions have confused me)

1.Which tyres should i go for among yoko es100,michelin xm1+,bridgestone potenza GIII and maxxis Z1_victa?(love the 'v' shaped tread of es 100 and maxiss)

2.What size???Should i go in for 195/65 r14 or 205/60/r14???(i love fat tyres)

I have been reading through the forums a lot but most of them are about upgrading 15" alloys and tyres.Please help me through this.If anyone can post the corresponding prices in cochin....it would be of great help.Thanks in advance guys.

Hey guys.....anybody here???Seems like nobody is here to help a confused guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyjacob (Post 846534)
Hey guys.....anybody here???Seems like nobody is here to help a confused guy.

What are your driving requirement?

i will be driving mostly in the city.and maybe once in a month a drive on the highway.i usually drive above 80km/hr.The stock tyres gives me no confidence to go above that.Had few bad experience when i applied sudden brakes.so in short i need good grip,comfort and the tyres should last for sometime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itzzme (Post 827525)
I feel following options you may find good.

185/70 R 14
Michelin Xm1+
Yoko A.drive
Yoko A300

195/65 R14
YOKO A.drive.

I think this ^ should help you.

regarding ES100 i would not suggest to go for it as it is quiet old.
Bridgestones are good but wear out early.
I would suggest you to go for XM1+ 195/65 r14.

Quote:

Originally Posted by revved_up (Post 847077)
Bridgestones are good but wear out early.
I would suggest you to go for XM1+ 195/65 r14.

U are comparing bridgestone(which?) wear rates with Michelins and Yokos...??

Is XM1+ available in 195/65-14 ?? I don't think so(not sure)

I dont have any personal experience with Bridgestones.. I was just quoting what someone had advised me on TBHP.

Regarding the Michelin , my bad..!
It should be Yoko A Drives