Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-2.html)

Quote:

This would increase the OD from 614.6 mm to 634.5 mm, and the speedo error would be 3.2 % slower than the actual speed.
Actaully the diff between 165/80 R14 and 195/65 R15 is just 2.4%, which is acceptable.

And yeah, cars usually don't have problems with a 10mm upsize in tyre width.

Shan2nu

Wanted to know if it is possible to upgrade the tires and wheels in the showroom itself without breaching any warranties???

if you buy the lower models you can upsize the tires to the ZXI variant.

guys u cant upgrade to 15'' if u dont wanna play a risk with ur suspension warranty .
if u are buying a lower model then the max you can put is 185 mm tyres which are stock in the zxi model . i think the best bet would be 185/60/r14 which would be a nice combo of comfort and handling

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
guys u cant upgrade to 15'' if u dont wanna play a risk with ur suspension warranty .
if u are buying a lower model then the max you can put is 185 mm tyres which are stock in the zxi model . i think the best bet would be 185/60/r14 which would be a nice combo of comfort and handling

dude how can u think of 185/60r14 when the oe tires are 185/70 r14.????????

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp

But the Swift comes with 15" wheels (185/65R15) in the international markets. DOn't tell me they would void our warranty for trying to spec our Swifts similarly to the international models? :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedsatya
dude how can u think of 185/60r14 when the oe tires are 185/70 r14.????????

why not ???? when u are getting a change u can get 60 profile tyres and will look good also bcoz 80 profile tyres look very tall and ugly on the car

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjacob
But the Swift comes with 15" wheels (185/65R15) in the international markets. DOn't tell me they would void our warranty for trying to spec our Swifts similarly to the international models? :mad:

yes they would void your warranty if u go anything beyond 14'' "dude this is india" . same as the case in lancer they void ur warranty if u go above 14'' and in international market it comes stock with 15'' thats wat i have heard

Quote:

165mm tyres on a car that has as much power as a lancer is quite useless
Well it has more power then a Lancer and an Esteem has more power then them both and an Esteem Lxi comes with 155mm tyres..LOL

Quote:

But the GC is also lesser there its 130mm or 140mm here the car is raised plus there engines are different and many other things.. *** all indian cars are stripped for India.. its high time all manufacturers learn the Mercedes way..

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
why not ???? when u are getting a change u can get 60 profile tyres and will look good also bcoz 80 profile tyres look very tall and ugly on the car

dear bhp,
yes u can change to whatever size u want to.185/60r14 means a lesser ground clearance over the 185/70r14.also ur ride has to get affected.and u cannot call this an upsize. :p

Quote:

Dude that's an error of 6%. Not worth the effort.

If you really want big fat tyres, go in for 195/60 R15. With an error of 0.07%, there wont be any diff in OD or ride heigth.

Shan2nu

now that i have booked a swift vxi i also wish to have a tyre upgrade . can experts please help regarding which brand , price for the same , size etc etc . i dont wanna compromise much on ride quality and fe ..

ps :- i think the vxi is worth the money rather than the zxi which is 90k expensive than the later .

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhp
ps :- i think the vxi is worth the money rather than the zxi which is 90k expensive than the later .

I too booked an VXI. You and me felt that 90k is not worth for the features they offer or we may have budget constrains.

But there are people who does not want to sacrifice safety for money. I had seen people writing in the same thread about this

man...dont look at od and ride height only guys!!! a person changes wheels/tires for :
1. better looks
2. better performance at cost of comfort
3. better ride comfort at cost of performance.
now if you want these you havta lose out on something...if comfort or performance is more important sacrifice the odo error.....why the fuss??????????

Quote:

man...dont look at od and ride height only guys!!! a person changes wheels/tires for :
It's not just the odo error that makes a diff. Ride height is very important at high speeds. Higher ride height means that you're allowing more air to flow under the car (which is not good) and lowering the ride height means you'll bottom more often.

There was this crashed up City 1.5 at the Honda dealership, asked the sales guy what happened, he said that the car lifted off the ground, lost control and crashed. Reason - He had increased his ride height by fitting bigger tyres.

U might think it'll never happen but, it does. When i do 160+ i want my car to be stable and the best way to do that is to stick to what the manufacturer says.

Broader tyres are ok but, OD is very important. An error of upto 2.5% is ok but try and stay within 3%.

Shan2nu