Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/103665-maruti-suzuki-swift-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-20.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 889727)
Choose between Yoko or Michelin. Stay away from the GIII's.

Thanks. I went with the Michelin Xm1+.

Set of 5 tyres with wheel balancing and alignment cost me Rs 17,500/-. The intial feel of the vechile is really good and could straight away feel the difference in the ride, the handling is better and the stearing feels a lot more lighter.

hey guys.....i just sold my 14" alloys for the sake of getting better looks and better tyres.want to upsize.
i want looks + ride comfort.
is 15"the best upsize?or can i go in for 16" without compromising the ride comfort?
and i would love to put bigger fatter tyres.love the "v" shape thread of the maxxis and es 100.is there any other brands with those type threads?
road grip is my primary concern.
pls advice....

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemlock (Post 85891)
Hi Guys,

what do you think are the best tyre upgrade options for the swift, i'm planning to go for a Swift Vxi ABS and i was told that they come with 165/80 R 14 Tubeless tyres, with normal rims.

It would be great if someone could walk me through the possible options and also the approx pricing. I'm looking to upgrade to 185/70 R 14's.

you are on the right track my friend
185/60/r14 would work perfectly keeping in mind no sacrifice in ride quality and most imporatantly no rattles from the door or dash..

we all know how these big rims and low profile tyres rip the car apart..

when i enquired about the price of Michelin mxv8 195/60 R15 for my swift, the tyre dealer told me that the price range comes between 3800 to 4700 for different thread patterns.
But when i looked at the michelin website there is nothing about the different thread patterns,so anyone please tell me what the dealer was trying to say.

i am looking the buy the tyres today itself and anyone have heard about the yongle alloys.because i liked the designs of them and i am considering to buy them.

Somebody pls help me.....i need to get the alloys and tyres at least by next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jithudigitised (Post 895508)
when i enquired about the price of Michelin mxv8 195/60 R15 for my swift, the tyre dealer told me that the price range comes between 3800 to 4700 for different thread patterns.
But when i looked at the michelin website there is nothing about the different thread patterns,so anyone please tell me what the dealer was trying to say.

i am looking the buy the tyres today itself and anyone have heard about the yongle alloys.because i liked the designs of them and i am considering to buy them.

There is only one type of tread pattern available in MXV8, not sure what the dealer is upto.

Have any of you guys heard about a tyre called Nankang

Tried searching through the various forums and threads its mentioned here and there but not much usable info was found. From what was found in google its a pocket friendly "performance" tyre, seen lots of US dealers and cars in many sites.

Any of you guys have used it ?
Is it a sane choice to buy ?

Hi Guys, need some clarification. What is the acceptable offset value for 15" mags for the Swift VDI. Tyre upsize is 195/60-R15(Yokohama). I remember reading this on the forum but am not able to find it now :( . Please help. It would be nice if someone could give me the correct rim size.

Thanks,
Anshu

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyjacob (Post 893512)
hey guys.....i just sold my 14" alloys for the sake of getting better looks and better tyres.want to upsize.
i want looks + ride comfort.
is 15"the best upsize?or can i go in for 16" without compromising the ride comfort?
pls advice....

If you are going in for 15" + you will have to make some compromise.
you can safely go in for 195/60/15

you will be able to go higher 16 (195/55/16, 205/50/16 )or even 17 but, in our road condition comfort is out of the question and with the rains and the potholes it will be very risky proposition. you see it not like its impossible, if you are going in for larger rim you will have to reduce the aspect ratio to keep the overall diameter within the limits.

and higher the rim the chances are it might foul with the inside if you take a turn too fast or hit a odd hump or pothole.

hope I've not confused you too much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yzfrj (Post 900928)
If you are going in for 15" + you will have to make some compromise.
you can safely go in for 195/60/15

you will be able to go higher 16 (195/55/16, 205/50/16 )or even 17 but, in our road condition comfort is out of the question and with the rains and the potholes it will be very risky proposition. you see it not like its impossible, if you are going in for larger rim you will have to reduce the aspect ratio to keep the overall diameter within the limits.

and higher the rim the chances are it might foul with the inside if you take a turn too fast or hit a odd hump or pothole.

hope I've not confused you too much.

I was planning to go in for the 205/50/r 16.will the ride become really bad???i was using 14 inch with stock tyres.i guess it wnt be that bad like the stock tyres.lol:any suggestion on which tyres shud i go in for?

i am planning to get this lenso widetrack 16" with 6.5j.will this be good choice?please:

Nice alloys.

You see the ride will suffer, when I put 195/60/14 in my swift, it was a lot harder than the stock (read crap) 165/80/14, I don't know if MUL guys are stupid to put that skinny tyre in swift in the first place.

My friend's 185/70/14 rides better.

anyway the point you have to worry is not the overall diameter, its the width 6.5j, I'm not sure if this will be safe, mine is 6j and its ok so far. Also since the aspect ratio is just 50, you'll really have to watch out for the potholes, ridges, rocks, off the road you have to be very gentle and careful.

If this is all work it go ahead, else go for something err... a bit more practical. We are still in Indian roads.

i checked out the price of yoko s drives.they are way too expensive.and doesnt have any v shape tread.i was wondering whether to go for goodyear F1 or Maxxis Victra Z1.any suggestions?

Quote:

Originally Posted by garyjacob (Post 904110)
i checked out the price of yoko s drives.they are way too expensive.and doesnt have any v shape tread.i was wondering whether to go for goodyear F1 or Maxxis Victra Z1.any suggestions?

I know bhpians like yokos and michelin tyres the most.i wana go in for the unidirectional v shaped tread.thats why i have asked ur opinion the good year and maxxis.please help.i really need to change my stock tyres ASAP.

Gary ! I am not sure about Goodyear but as you quoted most of the Bhpian's stick to Michelin's,Bridgestones and Yoko's because of their excellent VFM regarding the stability and overall ride quality and control.
But for your V tread, you could have tried Michelin's or Bridgestones. Hmm, You want to leave your mark where you go :D . I haven't heard about maxxis and there are some folks who run Goodyear, but overall i think its not that suggested by many on the forum(IMO). May be other tyre gurus can chip in.