Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 22:59   #1411
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

^^ Try reducing the pressure by 2psi from the stock ones.
Old 9th December 2011, 05:44   #1412
TOR
BHPian

Fitted Yoko - A-drives on my car yesterday.

Size-185/70/14

Deal:4100/- per tyre plus the Jabra bluetooth BT2045 headset free. Balancing and weights were also given free.

Dealer was New Bharath tyres from where i had changed initially to Michelin XM1+. Story here.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-2.jpg

these were on the front wheels, the abrasive wear is quite obivious-tyres have run 46k in 3 years.

Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-1.jpg

the A-drives are july made and have a tread pattern similar to the XM1+

Impression:

-the yokos look physically narrower than the XM1+ of the same size- this might be due to the stiffer sidewalls in the former.

-tread patter of both the tyres are uncannily similar.

-tyre noise and comfort levels are better for XM1+

-larger portholes are dealt better by the A-drives.

-towards the end of the xm1+'s life the rubber started showing sign of abrasive damage and the wet gripe came down quite a bit.

-on the whole the XM1+ are better but at the current pricing they are surely not VFM/exceedingly better than the A-drives to justify the price.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:07   #1413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
@ Schoudhary , But my query is that these air pressures are for stock size only(185/65/15) , I wanted to know the pressure for the upgraded tyres in the size of 195/60/15 for the new swift Zdi. Will they be same or different to the ones recommended for stock size?? Thanks in advance..
Yup, i got that .
That's why i suggested start with 32/30 and see how the ride quality is and then if needed try 30/28.
In my case i found 32/30 to be perfect.
Also its good to know the recommended PSI by maruti because basing on that we can adjust the PSI.
I say this because there are times when people were using or were advised to try out 33/31 or 34/31 , which make the car ultra bouncy

Try it out and let us know which PSI you found best for your ride .
Hope it helps .
Old 9th December 2011, 10:34   #1414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
@ Schoudhary , But my query is that these air pressures are for stock size only(185/65/15) , I wanted to know the pressure for the upgraded tyres in the size of 195/60/15 for the new swift Zdi. Will they be same or different to the ones recommended for stock size?? Thanks in advance..
Just keep it 2 psi lower than OEM recommendation and you should be good.
Old 9th December 2011, 22:43   #1415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR View Post
Fitted Yoko - A-drives on my car yesterday.

Size-185/70/14

Deal:4100/- per tyre plus the Jabra bluetooth BT2045 headset free. Balancing and weights were also given free.

Dealer was New Bharath tyres from where i had changed initially to Michelin XM1+. Story here.

Attachment 854003

these were on the front wheels, the abrasive wear is quite obivious-tyres have run 46k in 3 years.

Attachment 854004

the A-drives are july made and have a tread pattern similar to the XM1+

Impression:

-the yokos look physically narrower than the XM1+ of the same size- this might be due to the stiffer sidewalls in the former.

-tread patter of both the tyres are uncannily similar.

-tyre noise and comfort levels are better for XM1+

-larger portholes are dealt better by the A-drives.

-towards the end of the xm1+'s life the rubber started showing sign of abrasive damage and the wet gripe came down quite a bit.

-on the whole the XM1+ are better but at the current pricing they are surely not VFM/exceedingly better than the A-drives to justify the price.
A-drives are more grippier compared to xm1+. My xm1+ squeals when taking corners at the same speed compared to the A-drives. But xm1+ is almost noiseless
Old 16th December 2011, 22:01   #1416

Re: Swift Dzire Diesel VDi Tyre Change Questions

Hello,

I have a Swift VDI bought secondhand about 3 months ago. It is a 2007 model run for 59000 kms. The tyres are stock and I need to replace them. Maybe with alloy wheels? I don't know. I drive for an average of 120 kms per week. And go out of town once in 6 months for a 700 km return journey at the most.

What should I buy? Simply replace the tyres with new ones? Or buy 15" alloy wheels? Or what? I need good ride quality --but in the stock tyres it is quite good. No issues about that. But I do not know if it could be better. People on team-BHP are the experts.

I live in Mahim, Mumbai and the everyone knows about the road conditions in Mumbai. Its just the worst in the country, in my opinion

Could any of you guide me?

Thanks.

Deepak
Old 17th December 2011, 09:57   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Dzire Diesel VDi Tyre Change Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakdhingra View Post

I need good ride quality --
Buy a tire with softer side wall for more comfort.

Post your query here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-swift-95.html

It is a dedicated thread for swift tire upgrade. It helps in keeping the information documented at one place.
Old 18th December 2011, 23:49   #1418
BHPian

Hello Friends, got my Ram Pyari aka Swift VDI new set of tires as the stock ones had shown signs of dying out soon. My Swift has done 55700 Kms till date. Visited nearest tire dealer to look for options which were not difficult to zero in. I decided not to go for alloys so the best size on stock rims was R14 70 185. I chose Michelin over yoko and paid 4500 per tire.
Old 26th December 2011, 21:21   #1419
BHPian

Hey All,

I am currently running Michelin MXV8 - 195/60/R15 on my Swift Vdi. I changed to these tyres and alloys from day 1.
The car has run 75k now and the tyres still look good to last atleast 10k (even more if driven on good roads).

On one of the tyre, an existing puncture has started leaking and after checking with several tyre shops I am being told that the only solution will be to use the tyre with a tube. Seriously, I dont want to use it with a tube.

So, I am in market again for replacement. When checked on Micheline website, I found that MXV8 is no longer available, also XM1+ is not available in this size.

The only option I have now in Michelin is Primacy LC. I need some inputs from fellow members about this tyre.
In the 75k that I have driven this car, it has seen one of the worst road in the country, including multiple trips to hill stations. As a daily drive, it is driven on very bad (read potholed) roads in Guragon.

Please help me decide which tyre I should go for in the profile - 195/60/R15.
My needs are :
- Low noise on highway
- Ride comfort
- Long life (since i intend to keep this car till atleast 150K)

When i enquired about the price of Michelin Primacy LC, i was quoted 5.5k in Gurgaon and 5.1K in delhi. Is it a good price?
Does anybody know if the price will be cheaper in Chandigarh? I am going to be in chandigarh over the weekend.

Thanks in advance folks!!
Old 28th December 2011, 10:57   #1420
BHPian

Guys any thoughts on the above ^^^ please?
Old 28th December 2011, 12:28   #1421
Distinguished - BHPian

5.1k seems too low. The regular price is 5.5k. If you are really getting the Primacy LC at 5.1k and it is a brand new tyre manufactured recently, it's a steal! Be careful of this dealer. It could be old stock, a used tyre, or something else.

However don't expect more than 40k of life. But the primacy LC is a lovely tyre. Very comfortable and superbly silent.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:23   #1422
BHPian

Guys,

I have a recently acquired 2007 Swift. The tyres are almost brand new Michelin Energy XM1+'s, with the car having done about 3000 kms on 4 of them, and the spare not used even once. However I have the alloy bug in me now. So need advice here.

The existing tyres are 185/70 R14 but I really want to upsize the rims, I believe 15 inchers are standard upgrade for the Swift. Considering the tyres are new, the practical side of my brain tells me to go for 14 inch alloys. And it gets me really confused.

My daily commute is around 30 Kms and most of it is actually on well built roads(Yes, they do exist in Mumbai). Apart from that I plan to travel long distances in the car sometimes(Mumbai - Pune/Goa/Delhi etc.).

So the advice I need here is - Should I retain my new 14' tyres and go for 14' alloys, or should I upsize to 15' ( or 16', is it possible, i think black OZ superleggeras in 16' would look amazing). Also, what kind of a resale value should I expect for the Michelins in case I decide to Upsize?

Thanks.
Old 28th December 2011, 13:30   #1423
Senior - BHPian

Planning for upgrade from stock tyres.Can I go with 195/60 R 14. Will side walls hit during turing at high speeds. I wanted a better grip and a macho tyre - can use spacers if required.
Old 28th December 2011, 20:51   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee View Post
Guys,

I have a recently acquired 2007 Swift. The tyres are almost brand new Michelin Energy XM1+'s, with the car having done about 3000 kms on 4 of them, and the spare not used even once. However I have the alloy bug in me now. So need advice here.

The existing tyres are 185/70 R14 but I really want to upsize the rims, I believe 15 inchers are standard upgrade for the Swift. Considering the tyres are new, the practical side of my brain tells me to go for 14 inch alloys. And it gets me really confused.

My daily commute is around 30 Kms and most of it is actually on well built roads(Yes, they do exist in Mumbai). Apart from that I plan to travel long distances in the car sometimes(Mumbai - Pune/Goa/Delhi etc.).

So the advice I need here is - Should I retain my new 14' tyres and go for 14' alloys, or should I upsize to 15' ( or 16', is it possible, i think black OZ superleggeras in 16' would look amazing). Also, what kind of a resale value should I expect for the Michelins in case I decide to Upsize?

Thanks.
If you are looking for looks, i think 195/60/R15 is the best upgrade. It is just the right choice without compromising much on ride comfort.

16 Inchers will cause a very bumpy ride, and considering swift's so infamous rattles, your car would be rattleing alot after some time.

My suggestion go for 15 inchers, there are lots of good designs available.

P.S: Leave the spare as it is.. no point investing on the spare tyre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Planning for upgrade from stock tyres.Can I go with 195/60 R 14. Will side walls hit during turing at high speeds. I wanted a better grip and a macho tyre - can use spacers if required.
I think 195/60/R14 is the wrong upsize. You can go for 195/65/R14, one of our mods Jaggu is using the same profile.
Check out his thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...swift-vdi.html

All the best!

Last edited by revved_up : 28th December 2011 at 21:00.
revved_up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 10:39   #1425
BHPian

Got my new Swift VDi yesterday from Pune
Upgraded the tyres to Bridgestones 185/70/R14 at Rs.4500 a piece
There seems to be a shortage of tyres in the market.
The authorised Michelin dealer had run out of Michelin tyres. I had any way decided on the Bridegstone earlier & was thankful Michelins weren't around as it would have caused a bit of confusion.
With the upgrade of all the tyres there was a free gift of seat cushions & "neck supporters", Bridgestone branded
Thanks Moralfibre for answering all my queries on the upgrades.

Most Viewed