Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2012, 22:25   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelguese

Hi Reality!
I got a quote today of 4800. In a shop at Borivali with fitting could I know which area you got the quote from? Thanks!
Hi i got it from mulund. Hes been our tyre dealer since years. I can recheck for you tomorrow. Price was with fitting for a set of 4
Old 18th September 2012, 12:27   #1562
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki Swift : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I changed the tyres on my Swift ZXI last week in Bangalore. Put on the Michelin XM2 tyre of size 185/70 R 14. I bought two tyres which cost me a total of Rs.8689 which includes Rs. 1200 of tax.
The ride quality is great and the handling seems to be better.
Even got my old tyres exchanged but got a measly 100 rupees each for them!
The fitting was done at Tyre Empire, HSR Layout. The staff there knows their stuff and don't bullsh**t about. The job was done quickly as well.
Old 23rd September 2012, 09:13   #1563

I'm getting my new Swift Vdi this coming week
Want to change the stock 165's to 195/60 R15.
Which should i opt out of -

1)Yokohama A-Drive 195/60 R15
2)Yokohama C-Drive 195/60 R15
3)Bridgestone Potenza MY-01 195/60 R15
4)Bridgestone Potenza GIII 195/60 R15

Have got the MY-01's (185/65 R14) on my Honda City ZX. The tyres seem to be really good at high speeds and the braking too has improved a lot. Car used to struggle to reach 160's in the stock 175 Goodyear tyres. Now it can reach 180's.

Visited a dealer. He told the yoko's would cost 5k-5.2k a piece and the bridgestone's would cost around 5.5k-5.7k a piece.

What do you think guys ?? Are these prices high? Should i have a look elsewhere??

P.S: looking out for 15 inch alloys. any suggestions which brand to go for ?
Liked the EVO alloy designs.
Old 26th September 2012, 11:01   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas.sudhish View Post

Have got the MY-01's (185/65 R14) on my Honda City ZX. The tyres seem to be really good at high speeds and the braking too has improved a lot. Car used to struggle to reach 160's in the stock 175 Goodyear tyres. Now it can reach 180's.

Visited a dealer. He told the yoko's would cost 5k-5.2k a piece and the bridgestone's would cost around 5.5k-5.7k a piece.

What do you think guys ?? Are these prices high? Should i have a look elsewhere??

Suhas why dont you try Michilin XM2, they are very good and silent and reliable tyres. I have fiitted them in my swift dzire. My first set of tyres that was Michilin XM1+ was lasted for 68000 kms. Before rain i changed it to XM2 and i almost drove 20000 after that. Even on the Ladakh terrain the outperform, not a single puncture or any sort of problem in 6900 Km journey. They are very smooth and you will find the enormous improvment in braking efficiency.
Please find the upgradation to 185/70 R14. Seems they are ideal fitment for swift. The price difference is not much. You can search in TBHP for the reviews and accordingly take decision.
Achilless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 11:43   #1565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless

Suhas why dont you try Michilin XM2, they are very good and silent and reliable tyres. I have fiitted them in my swift dzire. My first set of tyres that was Michilin XM1+ was lasted for 68000 kms. Before rain i changed it to XM2 and i almost drove 20000 after that. Even on the Ladakh terrain the outperform, not a single puncture or any sort of problem in 6900 Km journey. They are very smooth and you will find the enormous improvment in braking efficiency.
Please find the upgradation to 185/70 R14. Seems they are ideal fitment for swift. The price difference is not much. You can search in TBHP for the reviews and accordingly take decision.

Thank you for the suggestion Achilless. Actually I was impressed by the XM1. My uncle has it on his swift zxi. Very comfortable. But Heard a lot about the side wall issues michellins had. That's the reason I opted out. I'M looking to upsize my tyres and michellin energy XM2 are not available in 195/60 R15 profile. Would have gone for them if this profile tyres were available.

And Achilles could you suggest me some good 15 inch alloy designs ?? Looking out for 5 spoke one's. Preferably white .
Old 26th September 2012, 12:04   #1566
BHPian

Quote:

I am using the yokohama a-drives on my zdi, done about 6k kms and am very satisfied with the performance. i would definitely recommend these.

i had paid 4.9k a piece when i bought them 6 months back.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 12:43   #1567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post

Thank you Achilless for the suggestion
I want to upsize the tyres and rims. Looking for 15" alloys and tyres. Michellin XM2 does not come in 195/70 R15 profile. That's the reason opted for Yoko's and Bridgestone. Another reason was the side wall issues of Michellin.

My uncle has Michellin XM1's on his swift. They are super smooth and driving comfort is really good.
But again those are 14" one's.

Will have to re consider as you told you ran on them for 68k kms.

By the way Achilless, could you suggest me some good looking alloys??? preferably white and 5-7 spokes....
Old 26th September 2012, 12:55   #1568

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I am using the yokohama a-drives on my zdi, done about 6k kms and am very satisfied with the performance. i would definitely recommend these.

i had paid 4.9k a piece when i bought them 6 months back.

I liked the pattern on the C-drives. I dont think there's much difference between these two.

What's the size of your tyres?? And did you change the alloys??

A dealer quoted 4,950 for each tyre and a buy back of 2,300 for the stock Goodyear tyres. So that is 2,650 for each tyre.
Old 26th September 2012, 13:05   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion Achilless. Actually I was impressed by the XM1. My uncle has it on his swift zxi. Very comfortable. But Heard a lot about the side wall issues michellins had. That's the reason I opted out. I'M looking to upsize my tyres and michellin energy XM2 are not available in 195/60 R15 profile. Would have gone for them if this profile tyres were available.

And Achilles could you suggest me some good 15 inch alloy designs ?? Looking out for 5 spoke one's. Preferably white .
I guess side wall issue in michellin is a wrong info. I drove almost 70k on XM1+ and never faced problem of side wall. And also drving XM2 which drove around 20k and no such problem. Have u checked the above mentioned size on Michillen's India website. Also i will advice first check the adverse effects of upgrading size which you mentioned.
About the alloys, i have seen some good alloys of 'Neon'. Also if your vehicle is NEW please check with MASS about warranty of suspension if u change the stock rims. One of my friend did the same and had issues with suspensions MASS rejected his claim of warranty. He tried a lot convincing them but in vain. Even he made some communication with zonal head too but of no use. If you fit the same alloys which MARUTI provides then you will not loose your warranty on suspension and other problem cause by the fitments. They are bit costly than the aftermarket. Please note here i am not at all disappointing you for upgrade. But prevention is better than cure.
Old 26th September 2012, 13:07   #1570
BANNED

I am planning to change the tyres for swift, looking for upsize of 195-60/15 and I need to buy decent alloys as well.

Can anybody suggest me a dealer in Mumbai?
Old 26th September 2012, 13:17   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post
I am planning to change the tyres for swift, looking for upsize of 195-60/15 and I need to buy decent alloys as well.

Sameer which part of mumbai you are referring to. I know one dealer he is new mumbai. If you interested i will give you details. His rates are always lesser than any other dealer in mumbai and new mumbai.
Achilless is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 13:42   #1572
BHPian

Quote:
I liked the pattern on the C-drives. I dont think there's much difference between these two.

What's the size of your tyres?? And did you change the alloys??

A dealer quoted 4,950 for each tyre and a buy back of 2,300 for the stock Goodyear tyres. So that is 2,650 for each tyre.
c-drives are more performance oriented and slightly lesser on comfort and longevity. The difference will be minimal and you can go for the one you like.

my OEM size was 185/65/15 as i have the ZDI. Switched to 195/60/15 straight from the showroom, running on stock alloys.

i paid 4900 for a new tyre and 3500 as buyback for stock mrfs. Net 7k for 5 yokos. i also got a swiss knife which was an offer from yokohama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerpb View Post

saifee tyre shop in bandra is popular. Bombay tire (3 locations in mumbai) is also competitive on rates. Check up the Mumbai directory on t-bhp.

i would also suggest calling a couple of dealers to get the best price.
funkyp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 13:50   #1573
BANNED

I am fine with new Mumbai, Please PM me the number. Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 13:58   #1574
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
saifee tyre shop in bandra is popular. Bombay tire (3 locations in mumbai) is also competitive on rates. Check up the Mumbai directory on t-bhp.

i would also suggest calling a couple of dealers to get the best price.
I checked up with Saifee tyre and Bombay tryes both are quoting 5.7k per tyre for Primary LC and now I am also thinking about A drive. I guess that should be in the range of 5K per tyre
Old 26th September 2012, 14:01   #1575
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilless View Post
Sameer which part of mumbai you are referring to. I know one dealer he is new mumbai. If you interested i will give you details. His rates are always lesser than any other dealer in mumbai and new mumbai.
@ Achilless one of my friend also referred me to a dealer in new mumbai. Let me know his name I will check the pricing Thanks.

Most Viewed