Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2006, 22:36   #1
BHPian

silver machined or hyper silver

Hey guys,
Well i went through a lot of search results but i did not get the results i was looking for so i am posting a new thread.
I just bought myself a brand new esteem vxi and am looking to install alloy wheels for the same. I really liked the neo wheels "storm" which have 7 spokes, i liked it just way over too much. Well guys my question is which finish do i go in for. Silver machined which as far as i know is very low on maintenence regarding scratches or hyper silver which i have no idea about. Both look good. But guys what you suggest in terms of look, ease of mantenence etc between the 2 finishes. My car is silky silver in colour. Or if you guys have some other brands or designs in mind with the new esteem in the prospective, please do let me know. I shall be using the alloys with my stock 175/70-R13 JK ultima xps tubeless tires.

Cheers
Old 18th February 2006, 22:43   #2
BHPian

Check out the League designs @ http://www.league.com.tw/
Old 18th February 2006, 23:59   #3
BHPian

oh really cool designs edmund, could you or anyone of you wonderful people help me out in finding a place where i could get to see and select a design amongst a variety of alloys with respect to league or HR alloys? I have been to bombay motors and anand motors at milan subway. They hardly have a range for 13 inch wheels leaving aside neo and aura ofcourse Help
Old 19th February 2006, 17:00   #4
BHPian

I'm really sorry dude, but my playground is Pune...... I'm getting my League wheels from Bhandari Auto on J.M. Road, Pune.

The Bombay guy will help you locate a dealer...........

Try Opera House.........I've heard that it's the place to go!
Old 19th February 2006, 17:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

If you live in South, go to Lamington Road.
We got our stuff done from Pal Tyres.
If you live in Bandra/Andheri, go to Milan SUbway to either Bombay tyres or Saifee tyres.
Cheers
Old 19th February 2006, 18:58   #6
BHPian

thanks lambo, could you give me the contact of pal tires?

Cheers
Old 19th February 2006, 20:39   #7
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85
Hey guys,
I shall be using the alloys with my stock 175/70-R13 JK ultima xps tubeless tires.

Cheers
Hey,

Do yourself a favour and change the tyres to another brand. Retain the size if you want but please change the tyres. You will thank me for the rest of your life if you listen. Will hardly cost anything to swap max to max 3-5k total for changing 5 tyres.

Viper
Old 20th February 2006, 08:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
ease of mantenence etc between the 2
Speaking from experience i can say that the hyper silver are very very easy to mantain. Cant compare with the machined though as i have never had em.

cya
R
Old 20th February 2006, 09:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Speaking from experience i can say that the hyper silver are very very easy to mantain. Cant compare with the machined though as i have never had em.

cya
R
i have been using hyper silver 20 spoke rim on my car for like a year now and no issues in maitainence..cleaning them does take time though..
Old 20th February 2006, 09:55   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
i have been using hyper silver 20 spoke rim on my car for like a year now and no issues in maitainence..cleaning them does take time though..
Can we see a pic?

As i was about to mention in my earlier post: cleaning time is directly proportional to number of spokes!

Is your car the baleno with multispokes i saw a pic of in the Track Day thread? (if so.....looks sweet!(i'm a big multispoke fan!)
How bout a TBHP Garage with some nice pics?

cya
R
Old 20th February 2006, 11:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Can we see a pic?

As i was about to mention in my earlier post: cleaning time is directly proportional to number of spokes!

Is your car the baleno with multispokes i saw a pic of in the Track Day thread? (if so.....looks sweet!(i'm a big multispoke fan!)
How bout a TBHP Garage with some nice pics?

cya
R
I will definately post some pics... But that will be only tomorrow bro.. car right now is not with me..
I have the Blue esteem... and i did not attend the track day.. ... damn i missed that one..
The rims i have are Wolf race 15" with 195/50 federal's on them..

Last edited by Godfather : 20th February 2006 at 11:04.
Old 20th February 2006, 11:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
. I shall be using the alloys with my stock 175/70-R13 JK ultima xps tubeless tires.

Cheers

hey just change the tires.....you can stick to the same size but can also go for an upsize in 185mm....but just change the brand ...go for the G3's and you will behappy ...

BTW just read in OD that the JK TVectra tires on teh Swift actually improve the FE of the engine inspite of the car being heavier than the esteem ...
Old 20th February 2006, 13:00   #13
BHPian

thank you everyone for ur replies. Ok guys, i am covinced with the sheer numbers of people who have suggested me to change the tires. I am going to change the tires as well
Now i am quiet satisfied with the review of the bridgestone potenza grid-IIIs. i would like to know what combination of alloys and tires should i go in for? My stock tires as you know are 175/70-R13s. Should i upsize? I am a college student and drive with a light foot most of the time and occassionally cross 150-170kph on the speedo. Need good ride, better than my current tires.

I have no idea about what offset, pcd, etc really means. so please help me out with this with the new esteem in prospective.I just love the type of alloys that are on sam-kapasi's lancer, and got a similar design in neo alloys"storm" which i have in mind especially the one with a silver machined finish. All i know about these alloys are that they are 13X5.5j. I want to remain within the factory specs of my car as much as i possibly can so as to avoid any warranty issues of my car in the future, and guys if you have any other patterns in mind which i can get in mumbai then please let me know.

I am changing to new wheels fairly soon. SO please help me as to what should i be aware of when i am changing my wheels at the installer so as to minimise any problems that i may face in the future. And also please let me know if i should upsize or should i retain the stock size.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 20th February 2006 at 13:06.
Old 20th February 2006, 13:08   #14
Senior - BHPian

Since you do those speeds then i would suggest you to atleast upsize the tire by 185/60/13 that is for the road grip.. an esteem can have a max of 205/60/13 that is the tire wont touch while turning.. but i guess 185 should be ok for you.. take care..
Old 20th February 2006, 13:11   #15
Senior - BHPian

185/65r13 is the right upsize ....and use 5.5 j rims

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks