Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 11th July 2019, 23:42   #16
BHPian

Default Re: How much does a tyre upgrade increase the fuel efficiency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
You have changed the tyre profile. That has led to your range increasing to 560. You still cover 500kms only.

Tyre pressure also plays a good role in affecting FE. I usually go 2 psi higher for city and 3 psi higher for highway driving. It gets me better figures.
Wouldn't the +3psi hamper the braking ability of the car ? I stay close to the highway. Would love to give this a shot
Old 12th July 2019, 01:38   #17
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: How much does a tyre upgrade increase the fuel efficiency?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat B View Post
Wouldn't the +3psi hamper the braking ability of the car ? I stay close to the highway. Would love to give this a shot
I use 33psi on my Fiesta and 32psi on my alto/zen, especially for highway driving. I haven't noticed any difference in my braking, though it may well be there. I find the ride to be pretty good, but I suppose it helps that I am driving on decent roads. Be a bit careful of higher pressure on bad roads. It would make for a harsher ride.

My suggestion would be to try it and see what happens. Worst case, carry a gauge with you and tyre pressure can be reduced on the highway itself. Just make sure all tyres are the same pressure when you do that though
pganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed