Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2007, 10:23   #76
Senior - BHPian

sorry guys have been a little busy yesterday with a family function.

prajesh that was a quickie man his number is correct.Still wondering how did the Faridabad man get his number .
Prajesh I already parted with 3 rims on Saturday to another to-be bhp'ian and hell he too drives a baleno.One of the best I have seen off-late. White Baleno with white rims and yoko's for rubber.

Have been persuading him since then to join this wonderful place.
The 4th one is being picked up by badri from our forum.

Quote:
G-III , eagle F1's , Advan Neova's too infact ..
add apollo aceleres,michelin and yoko's to the list.
Want 2nd hand tyres also head there and am sure he can offer you a good deal.

Rahul I 2nd you mate,a wonderful chap to deal with honestly. Expensive or inexpensive install works your way.
And for binz, he too offers tea dude but doesn't mention its free of cost .
Old 7th May 2007, 11:03   #77
Senior - BHPian

Sai phone numbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
OT : Abhi if you still haven't installed alloys and rubber let me know. I wouldn't mind driving down with you to my dealer and see if I can fetch you a good deal.
rj, I am also going to Tyre Zone today near Multiplex in Marathahalli...I will update about his quotation and behavior by tomorrow....On phone he quoted 100 rs less for Michelins than the Sai guy...He was recommended to me by the Aura distributor in Blr... Let me see what I get...
Presently I want 5J rims which can only be provided by Aura, i have visited the Aura website and in the process of stricking some deal....Now I am dealing tyres and Alloys separately....

One thing I noticed is that the tyre guys force you to go for the imported ones, probably it has more margins and not on the Aura alloys as it is more structured and networked in India and they cannot get more margins...

Anyway
Contact number for Sai Iyenger, CMH Road (Opp KC Das):
Ashwin - 9880116405
Nithin - 9945378168

Abhi
Old 7th May 2007, 11:25   #78
BHPian

Guys,

I have had the opportunity to interact with several tyre/accessories shops in Bangalore. I finally did business with Syper Tyretec on JC Road. His behaviour was top class. His prices were good. In the end I came away with a 'good' feeling.

The owner is Prakash. His mobile number is 9845154540.

Tell him what you need over the phone and he will give you the prices on the phone. He he does not have something he will source it for you and still is cheaper than many other shops I know.

I exchanged the stock tyres and steel rims on my Accent for 14" HR Alloys and Goodyear Eagle F1.
Old 7th May 2007, 11:45   #79
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, I have changed my tires and upgraded to alloys at Shiva (Anil's shop) at New Bel road. Although some members mentioned here about his attitude etc., I never felt such a thing right from the first day I contacted him to discuss abt my needs. Bridgstone collection, I am sure you may not find it in the other places as you find here. He also deals with all brands of alloys although you may not find the display of all when you visit there.

Budget oriented customer/ Lavishly spenting customer: You have the same issue everywhere in life. Evenif you enter a mobile phone showroom and ask for a Rs.2000/- phone and on the other side someone is asking for N95 which is costing Rs.35000+, you know where the customer executive will be concentrating. So its natural everywhere. Only way to avoid that issue is to act smart and act big, and that comes only through product knowledge and awareness about what you are going to do. It will help when you go to a shop after making some study on the web, specially from threads like this. I knew nothing about tires, engines, suspensions, clutches, gears, even about basic driving till 2 months back. Now when i visit a shop and ask for things, they feel a professional in the field is asking for things. Thanks to the pros and generous posteres here educating everyone around without rewards. Always remember: Professionals are not easily cheated in any field.

Coming to the cost part: My new purchases are here; Bridgestone Potenza 165/60/R13 = Rs.2700/- per piece. League (LG193) alloys = Rs.2700/- per piece. Exchange of stock tires (JK 145/70 R13) = Rs.1000/- per piece. Changed all 5 tires to new, stepney with the steel rim itself, because alloy wouldnt fit into the space, also didnt want to cross my budget. I got the free bridgestone safety kit (as part of the promotional offer this month) also a free lovely air pressure gauge (which I wanted to buy soon), a cute little carry bag for my 1 year old kid and later a free wheel balancing (after 1000 kms) at his shop, because presently the vehicle has completed only 200 kms after purchase. I am happy with the deal, after lot of comparisons, cross checking with different shops, asking all friends, checking the threads etc, i am sure i wont regret the decision. Will post pictures as soon as I get some extra time, defenitely before the weekend.

Last edited by shajufx : 7th May 2007 at 11:52.
Old 7th May 2007, 13:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your install mate , as long as you are happy nothing else matters.
Good on you !!
Now come on do some justice by posting some pics of the car please
Old 7th May 2007, 13:48   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Guys,

I have had the opportunity to interact with several tyre/accessories shops in Bangalore. I finally did business with Syper Tyretec on JC Road. His behaviour was top class. His prices were good. In the end I came away with a 'good' feeling.

The owner is Prakash. His mobile number is 9845154540.

Tell him what you need over the phone and he will give you the prices on the phone. He he does not have something he will source it for you and still is cheaper than many other shops I know.

I exchanged the stock tyres and steel rims on my Accent for 14" HR Alloys and Goodyear Eagle F1.
Rover, Called up Prakash...Excellent customer service....he was damn polite and precise on his quotation...Never jumped the gun, took his own time, called me back and gave a single quotation which is the least of all the guys I have talked so far...highly impressive...

He is quoting
Michelins (155/65R13) - 2175 / tyre (the highest I got was 2300)
Aura (D9350 / 13" model) - 15100 (set of 5)

And he also assured that 100 / wheel and 600-650 /tyre will be charged as exchange...

Abhi
Old 7th May 2007, 17:15   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post

Aura (D9350 / 13" model) - 15100 (set of 5)
Just my opinion...
D3350 will look neat n classy on Alto The design is simple whereas with D9350 it would be a tough job to clean n maintain them unless u are ready to use toothbrush etc to clean those every weekend......

do different 13"x 5J Aura's have different price ?
I know A8350 will cost 2.5K per alloy
Old 7th May 2007, 19:21   #83
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for approval !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Congrats on your install mate , as long as you are happy nothing else matters. Good on you !!
Now come on do some justice by posting some pics of the car please
Pictures are already posted rjstyles, just waiting to see it approved and shown here by the moderators. Have a nice time !
Old 8th May 2007, 07:10   #84
Senior - BHPian

Finally my search is over, I got 5set of Michelins and Aura Alloys for my car...I fixed it up yesterday from Super Tire Tec suggested by Rover...

Abhi
Old 8th May 2007, 12:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally my search is over, I got 5set of Michelins and Aura Alloys for my car...I fixed it up yesterday from Super Tire Tec suggested by Rover...

Congrats on the purchase Abhi!! What Michelin's did you get? Energy?
Old 8th May 2007, 13:35   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Congrats on the purchase Abhi!! What Michelin's did you get? Energy?
Michelin XM1, The didnt see any energy written on the tyre....Probably Energy and others are for 14" and above...

Here is the pic...
Old 8th May 2007, 13:58   #87
BHPian

Saturday was the day! I woke up at 8AM and made up my mind that today i have to get alloys + Tyres for my Swift.

First Stop: Shiva Tyres. Anil "does" have attitude problem, he thinks he knows the best. Also he didnt have any alloys which i liked.

Second Stop: Car Shringar. Vikram. Always been nice to me. I have put in my AutoCop from him and also took one of my office colleagues to fix Polk Audio ICE set-up. Saw 4-5 good alloys. Liked 2. Price quoted 19K for set of 5 15 inchers.

Third Stop: JC Road. Lots of dealers. Dont see any good alloys which i like, specially after seeing the one at Car Shringar. I was looking at 5 double spokes, though they are common, this one was flat not convex or concave like other ones.

Fourth Stop: Car Shringar again. Got those alloys. Now problem. No 195/60R15 or 205/55/R15 tyres unavailable. He suggesed 195/55. i said No Way. Finally he said he has 205/60/R15, though not a perfect upsize (and I was pretty bent on getting alloys, I am a very inpatient person) i said yes (also checked tyrebibles site from his shop and saw a diff of 1.19% which is acceptable). The tyres were Yolo AVS ES100 @ 3800/tyre. Got a exchange rate of 900/tyres (2300 Kms run) on my OE ones. So i pay 33500.
Tremendous grip. Tyres not touching anywhere. Would have an update on FE within 3-4 weeks.

Pictures coming soon. Would add in Gallery too.

Last edited by hyper-VTEC : 8th May 2007 at 14:02.
Old 8th May 2007, 14:29   #88
BHPian

Congrates hyper-vtech, what wheels are those? brand and model no.?
Old 8th May 2007, 15:46   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
First Stop: Shiva Tyres. Anil "does" have attitude problem, he thinks he knows the best. Also he didnt have any alloys which i liked.
i had been to Shiva Tyres when shajufx got is alloys fitted. as soon as i told that i am also looking for alloys he told me to go for 175/60r13 tyres before asking me whether am going to change the tyres.. when i said am not looking for tyres his attitude changed .....

he does not have much collection of alloys or does he has latest brochure.. he told me he will get the latest brochure's with in 2 days .. am not sure whether to go to Shiva Tyres again...
Old 8th May 2007, 17:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Michelin XM1, The didnt see any energy written on the tyre....Probably Energy and others are for 14" and above...
Congrats abhi...!!
Michelin Energy XM1 is a good overall tyre..!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks