Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2017, 09:17   #61
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hudson View Post
My Etios is running with OEM set of tyres - R15 185/60 with 44K on the ODO. I wanted to know if it is advisable to upgrade to R15 185/65? I am looking for some increase in the profile so that the car doesn't scrape on big speed breakers when loaded.
Any tire up-sizing is recommended, as long as the diametrical difference is less than 2%

Considering this, 185/65/R15 tires will have a diameter variance of 3.07%. Even though your car's ground clearance will be increased by 9.25 mm, it is not recommended.

A better up-size will be 195/60/R15, which will have diameter variance of 1.99% and your car's GC will increase by 6mm. Will result in overall improved grip and comfort levels.

Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tire_calc_2.jpg

Also while choosing the tires go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1. These two brands come higly recommended by Team-BHPians for their quality and reliability.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:28   #62
BHPian

Hi folks, planning new shoes for my 2011 Etios V and this thread (+ the entire forum) has been incredibly useful!

Plan to upsize from stock 185/60 R15 to 195/60 R15 (just at the recommended 2% dia variation limit). Planning on keeping the stock-spare, which is virtually unused (under 50 kms).

But then, the spare goes from "same-size" to "small-sized" - height lower by 6mm & dia lower by 12 mm (2%).
I assume this will cause wear on the spare if/when used (will rotate faster than other tires due to smaller dia + the car might "lean-in" a bit on the lower tyre). This is acceptable, given limited use-case of the spare.

But can it also cause issues to the car suspension? Would it be an ok set-up to drive on for say a 300 - 400 km run (getting back home from a weekend getaway)?

Inputs would be much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
[/list]I guess I will go for them !!
Hi AJ - hope you don't mind my bumping an old post of yours. Just wondering if you did the upgrade & how it went for you? How was the noise & ride comfort with the wider tyres? Am contemplating between the above (195/60 R15) and your option (205/55) myself.

Last edited by gautam109 : 19th November 2019 at 16:40. Reason: added Q at end to avoid spamming with a new post
Old 19th November 2019, 20:54   #63
BHPian

At the end of 4 years/40K, I recently changed the stock goodyears to Continental CC5 at stock size of 185/60 R15. The dealer suggested this as middle option between Michelin/Bridgestone and MRF/Ceat/Apollo. This is especially because of my low mileage - thus striking a balance between cost and mileage.
I don't have anything negative to say in the first 2 weeks of the change. So far so good.
kotirajendra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 18:02   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi

Bumping up the thread since I guess this is the perfect place to ask.

Looking to buy one tyre for our Etios. It has the Bridgestone Turanza ER300 180 60/R15. Checked with shops in our small town and they are all saying it is no longer in production and they were recommending to buy the B290 or Ecopia models instead.

Had the same experience last year around August, the only place that had the OEM tyres in stock was the Toyota dealer. Didn't change then as finances were tight. Also thought the lockdown + import may have affected supplies (even if the Turanzas are made in India)

Has Bridgestone stopped production of the Turanzas in the 180 60/R15 size? Can see them listed for sale on Amazon. Have to check whether the tyre shops in the city have them on stock, atleast the Toyota dealer.
Old 3rd May 2023, 12:50   #65

Hello Everyone,

I own a Etios G 2011 and its Stock tyre were MRP 175/65/R14.

I have changed my complete set of tyres twice and both were Michelin. I still remember the first time I experienced the drive after shifting from MRF Stock tyres to Michelin it was smooth . Now I wanted to change the whole set for the third time can you guys help me to Re-Experience that wow.

I don't drive fast, I don't do off-roading, I go on road trips where there are proper roads and highways.

As of now I have received Continental and Michelin as suggestions and also some asked me to try alloy.

Thank you,
Gaja Abhinenyu
Old 3rd May 2023, 14:07   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinenyu View Post

I own a Etios G 2011 and its Stock tyre were MRP 175/65/R14.

I have changed my complete set of tyres twice and both were Michelin. I still remember the first time I experienced the drive after shifting from MRF Stock tyres to Michelin it was smooth . Now I wanted to change the whole set for the third time can you guys help me to Re-Experience that wow.

I don't drive fast, I don't do off-roading, I go on road trips where there are proper roads and highways.

As of now I have received Continental and Michelin as suggestions and also some asked me to try alloy.
I'll recommend sticking to the stock size. I've experience of using the Etios VD with R15 and Liva GD with your tyre size. Your tyre size provides more comfort and given an option, I'll always choose that size. Tyre brand and model that I'll recommend is Continental UC6. You might find availability problems with Michelin because they stopped production for most of their models due to the enforcement of manufacturing in India by our government.

Alloy might be a good option as well. Make sure that you keep the rim width the same whichever alloy you choose. Manufacturer decides the tire size based on many factors like the stress it puts on other components, the acceptable grip and even the rim width. I will recommend not changing from the tried and tested size combination.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 14:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Is 175/65r14 available in uc6? I had to get cc6 because i was told uc6 does not come in that size
Old 3rd May 2023, 16:40   #68

Hello Greenhorn, good day.
Just wanted to understand when you bought CC6 and how is your experience till now.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 3rd May 2023, 17:48   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Is 175/65r14 available in uc6? I had to get cc6 because i was told uc6 does not come in that size
I see UC6 in that size online.
amalji is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 18:22   #70
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Even I saw the UC6 online in that size but as per the dealer feedback, the UC6 aren't available in that size. In the end, it came down to 175 CC6 vs the 185 UC6. Finally decided to upsize to 185s on my Figo.
AYP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 18:27   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinenyu View Post
Hello Greenhorn, good day.
Just wanted to understand when you bought CC6 and how is your experience till now.
Thanks in Advance.
Hi,
My Etios Liva VX runs 185/60 R15 and its still on its OE Goodyear DPS-B1

the CC6 were bought for my indica turbo running a +1 upsize which is the same as the Etios lower variants. I had Yokohama earth 1 before in the same size (and apollo accelere, and Bridgestone S322 in the reverse order), and went with CC6 because i was looking for a change, and they were slightly cheaper. Ride quality and handling have improved, but I feel that grip is not what it used to be. Braking distances and grip under hard cornering are not what they used to be. the reduced grip is a bit concerning to me as I have had a few panic stops where the car did not stop like I was expecting it to (I had the brake force tested at MRF tyredrome and they said it was fine) , but the improvement in comfort is also useful.

Last edited by greenhorn : 3rd May 2023 at 18:29.
greenhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 18:41   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Yes I just enquired and UC6 is available at 175/65/R14 in Chennai.

And as you mentioned, i have no luck on Michelin everyone said that the company have stopped the import of R13, R14 & R15.
Old 3rd May 2023, 18:53   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I had Yokohama earth 1 before in the same size (and apollo accelere, and Bridgestone S322 in the reverse order), and went with CC6 because i was looking for a change, and they were slightly cheaper.
Request you to please provide more review details for apollo, bridgestone and yoko. Maybe rank them in terms of comfort, road noise, endurance and what you didn't like about each. Thanks in advance
Old 3rd May 2023, 18:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Hi

Has Bridgestone stopped production of the Turanzas in the 180 60/R15 size? Can see them listed for sale on Amazon. Have to check whether the tyre shops in the city have them on stock, atleast the Toyota dealer.
As per a dealer, they now sell only one variant called Sturdo. bridgestonesturdo.com/
Old 3rd May 2023, 19:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Request you to please provide more review details for apollo, bridgestone and yoko. Maybe rank them in terms of comfort, road noise, endurance and what you didn't like about each. Thanks in advance
Bridgestone S322 = great tyre life, hard compound, crap in terms of everything else
Apollo accelere = good ride quality, great grip, poor tyre life
yoko earth 1 = All rounder = good compromise on all
Conti CC6 have mentioned already. endurance is still to be determined.

Tyre noise - Not applicable for a diesel Indica
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks