Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 8th May 2017, 09:17   #61
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hudson View Post
My Etios is running with OEM set of tyres - R15 185/60 with 44K on the ODO. I wanted to know if it is advisable to upgrade to R15 185/65? I am looking for some increase in the profile so that the car doesn't scrape on big speed breakers when loaded.
Any tire up-sizing is recommended, as long as the diametrical difference is less than 2%

Considering this, 185/65/R15 tires will have a diameter variance of 3.07%. Even though your car's ground clearance will be increased by 9.25 mm, it is not recommended.

A better up-size will be 195/60/R15, which will have diameter variance of 1.99% and your car's GC will increase by 6mm. Will result in overall improved grip and comfort levels.

Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tire_calc_2.jpg

Also while choosing the tires go for Michelin XM2 or Yokohama Earth 1. These two brands come higly recommended by Team-BHPians for their quality and reliability.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 16:28   #62
BHPian

Hi folks, planning new shoes for my 2011 Etios V and this thread (+ the entire forum) has been incredibly useful!

Plan to upsize from stock 185/60 R15 to 195/60 R15 (just at the recommended 2% dia variation limit). Planning on keeping the stock-spare, which is virtually unused (under 50 kms).

But then, the spare goes from "same-size" to "small-sized" - height lower by 6mm & dia lower by 12 mm (2%).
I assume this will cause wear on the spare if/when used (will rotate faster than other tires due to smaller dia + the car might "lean-in" a bit on the lower tyre). This is acceptable, given limited use-case of the spare.

But can it also cause issues to the car suspension? Would it be an ok set-up to drive on for say a 300 - 400 km run (getting back home from a weekend getaway)?

Inputs would be much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
[/list]I guess I will go for them !!
Hi AJ - hope you don't mind my bumping an old post of yours. Just wondering if you did the upgrade & how it went for you? How was the noise & ride comfort with the wider tyres? Am contemplating between the above (195/60 R15) and your option (205/55) myself.

Last edited by gautam109 : 19th November 2019 at 16:40. Reason: added Q at end to avoid spamming with a new post
Old 19th November 2019, 20:54   #63
BHPian

At the end of 4 years/40K, I recently changed the stock goodyears to Continental CC5 at stock size of 185/60 R15. The dealer suggested this as middle option between Michelin/Bridgestone and MRF/Ceat/Apollo. This is especially because of my low mileage - thus striking a balance between cost and mileage.
I don't have anything negative to say in the first 2 weeks of the change. So far so good.
kotirajendra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed