Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2023, 22:15   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios & Liva : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
As per a dealer, they now sell only one variant called Sturdo. bridgestonesturdo.com/
Haven't heard of it. For some reason, no dealer in my place is carrying the Bridgestone Turanzas. Everyone has stock or is pushing the much cheaper B series or Ecopia. Guess the typical Etios owner will buy just that.

Only place that has Turanza in stock is the Toyota dealer.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2023, 08:15   #77

Hello guys, good day.

Thank you for your suggestions as of now after reading all the comments and threads i had decided to go with Continental UC6. But yesterday my another friend who is also an car enthusiast was telling me to try Hankook . I have no idea about tyre brand. Have anyone tried Hankook , is it better than Continental ??

Cheers,
Gaja Abhinenyu
Old 6th May 2023, 22:50   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
I'll recommend sticking to the stock size. I've experience of using the Etios VD with R15 and Liva GD with your tyre size. Your tyre size provides more comfort and given an option, I'll always choose that size. Tyre brand and model that I'll recommend is Continental UC6. You might find availability problems with Michelin because they stopped production for most of their models due to the enforcement of manufacturing in India by our government.

Alloy might be a good option as well. Make sure that you keep the rim width the same whichever alloy you choose. Manufacturer decides the tire size based on many factors like the stress it puts on other components, the acceptable grip and even the rim width. I will recommend not changing from the tried and tested size combination.
Hello Amalji , thank you so much for suggesting the Tyre . I have changed my tyres to 185/65/R14 Continental UC6. I am highly satisfied with the experience, the tyres are soo gripping and smooth. I am seriously excited and can't wait to take the car on long drive. The most lovable thing about the tyres is that they are absolutely noise free better than my earlier Michelin. Ain't sure whether it's because it is a new tyre but i am genuinely enjoying it. Thanks again.

Cheers,
Abhinenyu
Old 9th October 2023, 14:52   #79
Senior - BHPian

I am torn between 185/60 Bluearth ae51 and 195/60 Perfinza for my Etios liva vx. I'm currently running 5 year old dp-v1 OEM tyres and are pretty happy with it, even at this age. I know everyone is advising for uc6 - I tried the cc6 on my Indica and it's been an underwhelming experience. I felt my old earth1's were slightly better so I looked at alternatives.

I've had a very good experience buying Perfinza for my dad-in-law's 2017 city. The tyres have totally transformed the car. MRF service is also exceptional - they authorised a tyre replacement for only a slight extra cost for a sidewall puncture recently. I've never experienced that sort of support from any dealer or manufacturer.

I'm mostly inclined to go with the perfinza but the major blocker is that the engine is already waaaaay underpowered for the car. Meanwhile, grip, handling, etc. are fine even with a set of 5-6 years old tyres. I'm worried that more width will increase the performance penalty.

That leaves the Bluearth ae51. I'm looking for comfort and grip. The car runs very little. It has done just 25k in 6 years. It will continue to be that way as my indica is my main beater. This car comes out only for fancy occasions, backup for when the indica is in its natural habitat (workshop) etc.

Or do you feel I should strongly reconsider the uc6, and not blame it for the deficiencies of the cc6?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th October 2023 at 16:19. Reason: Edited
greenhorn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2023, 16:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Or do you feel I should strongly reconsider the uc6, and not blame it for the deficiencies of the cc6?
Don't rate UC6 due to the underwhelming experience on CC6. If you search for reviews of CC6, you'll find many complaining about grip. But UC6 is completely different ball game.
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 16:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
I am torn between 185/60 Bluearth ae51 and 195/60 Perfinza for my Etios liva vx. I'm currently running 5 year old dp-v1 OEM tyres and are pretty happy with it, even at this age. I know everyone is advising for uc6 - I tried the cc6 on my Indica and it's been an underwhelming experience. I felt my old earth1's were slightly better so I looked at alternatives.
Can't speak for Perfinza or UC6 since I have no experience with them.
My Zest is on 185/60 R15 Yoko BluEarth AE51 since last 3 years. I have covered 26,000km so far in them. No punctures so far. Grippy and good comfort. Noise has gone up slightly in the past year or so - which I guess is par for my usage. So far happy with it. Hope it helps.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 00:31   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Don't rate UC6 due to the underwhelming experience on CC6. If you search for reviews of CC6, you'll find many complaining about grip. But UC6 is completely different ball game.
Looks like I may have jumped the gun. UC6 is not available in 185/60 R15. Much like the perfinza, it's available in 195/60 r 15 and also in 175/65 R15

Looks like only AE15 for the stock size, CC6 if I downsize, perfinza and CC6 if I upsize.
Thoughts?
Old 26th October 2023, 11:18   #83

Need Alloys For my Etios

Mod note: Please use Search and continue in an existing thread before opening a new thread. Thanks.

Hey Bhpians, I'm looking for a set of alloy wheels for my Toyota Etios. Got my car's paint stripped and painted after 12 years, kept the original paint(Metallic White) with black front grills, also installed the bumpers of new generation Platinum Etios as old ones were damaged beyond repair.

Keeping the car in a shade of black and white. Need black alloy wheels(used preferred due to tight budget) Anyone who has 15inch alloys, OEM or Aftermarket Quote me regarding the same. Fulfilling my dream of Beautifying this old beast !

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th October 2023 at 11:45.

Most Viewed