Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 13:35   #2191
BHPian

One more thing - Never fit 100 PCD wheels in a 98 PCD car, either by force or otherwise.

They spell trouble at high speeds & will also wobble over speeds of 80kmph.
Also avoid going in for extra wide alloys, unless you change the suspension setup to suit them.
Remember - Company fitted alloys always give you the optimum performance, without any side effects, so avoid changing them as far as possible!
Old 10th July 2009, 13:55   #2192
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Ntrack for the clarification, I had nightmares imagining TBHPians going and filing/drilling holes to convert their PCDs!

I agree totally with your observations on using correct sized wheels with appropriate PCD.

Cheers,
Old 10th July 2009, 13:56   #2193
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrack View Post
By customised, I meant that this design is not available in 98 PCD, I had it drilled in 98 PCD (in the production stage).
Ntrack,

You seem to have some influence at Aura (HIL) . Is it true that they are shutting down for good?
Old 10th July 2009, 14:31   #2194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Thanks Ntrack for the clarification, I had nightmares imagining TBHPians going and filing/drilling holes to convert their PCDs!

I agree totally with your observations on using correct sized wheels with appropriate PCD.

Cheers,
Well, you may have nightmares, but it's true! Lots of people dont even know that it is being shaved! Unscrupulous dealers show them some 100PCD alloy wheels and when they ask if it will fit Fiat cars, they say Yes. Then when the owner isnt looking, they shave it to fit the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ntrack,

You seem to have some influence at Aura (HIL) . Is it true that they are shutting down for good?
Yes they are! We are distributors for Aura and in the first week of June we got an official letter saying that our distributorship is going to end on 30th june. It's sad. All the people at Aura have been absorbed into HIL at other posts. Many of them have resigned and jumped ship.
Old 10th July 2009, 14:49   #2195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Ntrack,

Well, I used to be the Brand Manager of AURA. Yes, as of now, the OEM business continues, but AURA (aftermarket) is shutting down.

It is quite sad, although the business was growing, it had to be axed. I guess, that's what happens when it is a part of a mammoth called Hindalco.

The "Black Magic" series was launched by me & it was very successful PAN India. We also made a dent in the Punjab market (70% cars have alloys there) where we were hardly present. There were plans to launch some cool new designs, but sadly its closing down.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:12   #2196
BHPian

thats sad seeing that AURA was the only good Indian alloy brand
Old 10th July 2009, 15:13   #2197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, I used to be the Brand Manager of AURA. Yes, as of now, the OEM business continues, but AURA (aftermarket) is shutting down.

It is quite sad, although the business was growing, it had to be axed. I guess, that's what happens when it is a part of a mammoth called Hindalco.

The "Black Magic" series was launched by me & it was very successful PAN India. We also made a dent in the Punjab market (70% cars have alloys there) where we were hardly present. There were plans to launch some cool new designs, but sadly its closing down.
Woah! The Black Magic series was absolutely superb! Congrats on that!
Old 10th July 2009, 15:19   #2198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
100PCD wheels can be shaved to 98PCD, which hardly takes 5 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_shanz View Post
Thats a kill for the rims right?? Is that safe??
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile View Post
Its very safe and I've seen someone do that. All they do is file the holes about 2mm to make it 98 from 100. However this cannot be done for other PCD wheels.
Personally, I would NOT recommend this as a "very safe" thing to do.

Infact i seem to remember a post on the forum where something like this caused problems later on. Unfortunately i cannot find that post at the moment!

cya
R
Old 10th July 2009, 15:43   #2199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Woah! The Black Magic series was absolutely superb! Congrats on that!
Thanks Nikhil! I had planned for many more interesting designs, but alas!
Old 10th July 2009, 23:39   #2200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Sad to know the brand is closing down. Our car has a 98 pcd Aura set, unfortunately the design later became quite common, and the availability limitations for other designs in 98 pcd as well as the grease cap clearance made sure we could not switch to anything else. But the Aura's are holding on for years with aplomb.

Now looking at your posts it appears that it was probably possible to make special requests to Aura to have a design of choice in 98 pcd. Unfortunately we have this information a little too late!

You car looks fabulous with these wheels. Do you still have the original S10 alloys?
Old 11th July 2009, 11:46   #2201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Sad to know the brand is closing down. Our car has a 98 pcd Aura set, unfortunately the design later became quite common, and the availability limitations for other designs in 98 pcd as well as the grease cap clearance made sure we could not switch to anything else. But the Aura's are holding on for years with aplomb.

Now looking at your posts it appears that it was probably possible to make special requests to Aura to have a design of choice in 98 pcd. Unfortunately we have this information a little too late!

You car looks fabulous with these wheels. Do you still have the original S10 alloys?
I have scrapped my S10 wheels as they had gon out of shape (my car has clocked 98000 kms)

Yes, Aura alloys last very long, also their finish does.
Old 11th July 2009, 18:23   #2202
Senior - BHPian

Got this changed on my Esteem Vx along with Goodyear tyres
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc02460.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc02461.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc02462.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc02463.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc02466.jpg  

Old 11th July 2009, 21:55   #2203
BHPian

Yesterday i got alloys replaced with SSW S016, which is silver and black combination. Here are the pictures,
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_0880.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_0878.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_0881.jpg  

Old 13th July 2009, 10:19   #2204
Senior - BHPian

@funda2max: the tall boy looks nifty with those new wheels...drive safe
Old 13th July 2009, 11:55   #2205
Senior - BHPian

@funda2max, good going. The alloys and the blacked out windows are doing it for your ride. Enjoy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks