Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2011, 21:38   #4036
Senior - BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Awesome Footwear for your Ritzy Supriyo. Goes pretty darn well with the colour

I have been thinking about ZLO really hard now but just waiting to cover atleast 20K on my Getzy before the switch. Reviews from Nikhil and now you bro, are cementing my faith in them.
Old 8th December 2011, 22:24   #4037
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Tyres - MRF ZLO 195/60/15
Quote:
Regarding the speedo error, im seeing the speedo error it too much after changing to these new tyre.
If the speedometer show 100 , gps shows around 93, not sure why its is showing so much of difference.
Any idea how to get it fixed or at least get it minimized as much as possible ,please advise.
Thats because you got the size wrong, buddy! Unless R15 above is posted by mistake.

I believe Ritz comes with 185/65 R14. Ideal upsize would have been 195/60 R14. With 195/60 R15 - speedo reads 3.17% less than actual speed (it showed before tyre change). This wont create big issues, and you can live with this, IMO.

Beautiful alloys neverthless!
Old 8th December 2011, 22:38   #4038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Awesome Footwear for your Ritzy Supriyo. Goes pretty darn well with the colour

I have been thinking about ZLO really hard now but just waiting to cover atleast 20K on my Getzy before the switch. Reviews from Nikhil and now you bro, are cementing my faith in them.
Thanks Vikram.
Ya man , ZLO seems to be good till now , let me know if you want to check out the tyres before you want to go for it .
The guys @ Madhus were all full of praise about these tyres . I was looking for ES100, but went for ZLO after discussing with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Thats because you got the size wrong, buddy! Unless R15 above is posted by mistake.

I believe Ritz comes with 185/65 R14. Ideal upsize would have been 195/60 R14. With 195/60 R15 - speedo reads 3.17% less than actual speed (it showed before tyre change). This wont create big issues, and you can live with this, IMO.

Beautiful alloys neverthless!
Nahi yaar.
The stock size for Swift/Ritz is 165/80/14 , so the 195/60/15 is the right upsize and regarding the speedo error looks like its a pretty know issue
Found a couple of thread on the same , here is one of them .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...over-read.html

So i guess that's fine .

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 8th December 2011 at 22:44.
Old 9th December 2011, 00:49   #4039
Senior - BHPian

I get speedo error too after I upsized from 175/70/R13 to 195/55/R15 on my Getzy. After the change I had made a trip to Mysore and I made use of My Tracks app on Android. It gave me 5-6kms lesser than what was showing on the speedo.

Is there a way to correct this or do we have to just learn to live with it?
Old 9th December 2011, 07:56   #4040
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I get speedo error too after I upsized from 175/70/R13 to 195/55/R15 on my Getzy. After the change I had made a trip to Mysore and I made use of My Tracks app on Android. It gave me 5-6kms lesser than what was showing on the speedo.
Thats coz you have the wrong up-size, the correct up-sizes for the getz would be 185/55-15 and 195/50-15.
Quote:
You gotto live with it , correcting speedo error is a bit of a task from what I have known.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:16   #4041
LDJ
BHPian

The link below is a very good way for understanding which tire size to upgrade to. The basic thumb rule is to make sure [COLOR=red]to stay within 3% of the diameter/height of the original tire. Any more than this and you face the risk of brake failure![/COLOR]
Tire Size Calculator - tire & wheel plus sizing

Quote:

Nahi yaar.
The stock size for Swift/Ritz is 165/80/14 , so the 195/60/15 is the right upsize and regarding the speedo error looks like its a pretty know issue
Found a couple of thread on the same , here is one of them .
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...over-read.html

So i guess that's fine .

Cheers
Yes your tire upgrade is well within the limits and the speedo error is something you have to live with.

Quote:

Your tire size goes beyond the 3% limit so better to change it accordingly for optimum results and negate any chances of brake failure.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:32   #4042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Thats coz you have the wrong up-size, the correct up-sizes for the getz would be 185/55-15 and 195/50-15.
yes, yes; was looking for the Yoko 195/50/R15, but they didn't have that in stock and ended up with Hankook 195/55/R15

Name:  tyre_upsizing_chart_snip.PNG
Views: 8143
Size:  16.5 KB

btw, other than the speedo thingy, it will not affecting anything else, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDJ View Post
Your tire size goes beyond the 3% limit so better to change it accordingly for optimum results and negate any chances of brake failure.
actually, braking and handling is much better after the upsize.

Last edited by IronH4WK : 9th December 2011 at 10:39.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:47   #4043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
btw, other than the speedo thingy, it will not affecting anything else, right?
The Odo and trip meter readings will also change accordingly. The meters will show lesser reading than actual.

Edit: carbibles.com say the difference in circumference between your stock and upgrade is 3.53%. When the speedo of your Getzy reads 70mph, you're actually travelling at 72.47mph.

The recommended range is (+)(-) 2%.

Last edited by deetjohn : 9th December 2011 at 11:01. Reason: Adding text.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:54   #4044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
The Odo and trip meter readings will also change accordingly.
as in?

for example, if i travel to a destination which is 100kms away, the trip/odo meter will show more or less? also, if the distance traveled is more, does the error percentage increase?
Old 9th December 2011, 11:01   #4045
LDJ
BHPian

Quote:

actually, braking and handling is much better after the upsize.
Ofcoure your braking/handling would be much better than the stock. But I was talking about brake failure - if your overall rolling diameter was drastically larger than stock, making your speed higher and the rolling distance for braking much longer (hence you'd need to brake harder to stop in the same amount of time). One cannot always keep calculating the real speed according to our new tires every time we look at the speedo.

In your case when your speedo says 96.5 km/h you're actually doing 100 km/h so then the above comes into play.
LDJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:14   #4046
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
as in?

for example, if i travel to a destination which is 100kms away, the trip/odo meter will show more or less? also, if the distance traveled is more, does the error percentage increase?
The trip/odo meter will show less than 100KMs.

But normally all the Speedometers are set to show a higher value than actual in the factory setting. So if your speedo shows 100KMPH in stock setting, you'll be actually doing lesser than that.

Your current upsize would have accomodated that stock reading error. So now, the degree of difference to the 'Actual reading' won't be that high (i.e. 72.47mph showing 70mph). Apologies if I managed to confuse you.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:20   #4047
BHPian

Alloys on my "all new swift" - 14 inches HRS alloys - model # H490 from sai mag dealer (BM LAL chennai). Tyres - Yoko A Drive 185 70 R14

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-optimizeddsc03604.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-optimizeddsc03693.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-optimizeddsc03686-1.jpg
MutantX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 11:36   #4048
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Alloys on my "all new swift" - 14 inches HRS alloys - model # H490 from sai mag dealer (BM LAL chennai). Tyres - Yoko A Drive 185 70 R14

Attachment 854021

Attachment 854022

Attachment 854023
Thats nice Bro.
You changed the tyres and alloys both @ one go , so i guess you could have moved to 15'' . I feel the 15'' would have filled the wheelarchs better .

Bdw did you get the alloys shipped from delhi or got it in chennai itself.

Cheers.
Old 9th December 2011, 13:44   #4049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thats nice Bro.
You changed the tyres and alloys both @ one go , so i guess you could have moved to 15'' . I feel the 15'' would have filled the wheelarchs better .

Cheers.
MutantX I agree with Schoudhury here. 14" suits perfectly for the old Swift but looks puny for this ANS.

I guess even 16" would look just perfect for the ANS due to its Huge wheel arches.
Old 9th December 2011, 21:33   #4050
BHPian

Quote:
Thats nice Bro.

Bdw did you get the alloys shipped from delhi or got it in chennai itself.

Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
MutantX I agree with Schoudhury here. 14" suits perfectly for the old Swift but looks puny for this ANS.

I guess even 16" would look just perfect for the ANS due to its Huge wheel arches.
I totally agree with you guys. The only reason why I didnt go for the 15/16 inchers is because of the FE. The new swift that I got is the petrol version and hence I am being a lot conservative.

I would have loved 16 inches low profile tyres which will make ANS look jaw dropping i might upgrade in 2 years.

Most Viewed