Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2013, 10:47   #4651
BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

My Fiesta got these new shoes last weekend
Manufacturer: GTR
Total Cost : Rs14,500 set of 4 (Included alignment, wheel balancing and chrome nuts and nozels)
Tyres: Stock 175/65 R14
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-201308311055.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-201308311065.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-201309011074.jpg  

amiya.c is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 14:52   #4652
Senior - BHPian

Re: thread for posting some cool alloys designs

Dear Team, Saw this bolero on DND on way to noida. The alloy looks in good shape.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-bolero-alloy.jpg  

Old 5th September 2013, 17:59   #4653
Senior - BHPian

Re: thread for posting some cool alloys designs

Good Evening Team, Saw these 2 cars i.e Santro and Indica Vista in Sector 29 noida Baramhputra Complex today.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-white-santro.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-indica-vista.jpg  

Old 6th September 2013, 13:04   #4654
BHPian

Here is my Swift vdi DDIS with Plati alloys.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-marutiswiftplatialloysdesign.jpg

-
SS
Old 6th September 2013, 19:05   #4655
Senior - BHPian

Good Evening Team, Saw this white SX4 in sector 29 Barahmputra Complex today. The alloys are complementing the car nicely. (Also it had a Carbon Vinyl Roof)

AD
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-sx4.jpg  

Old 6th September 2013, 19:28   #4656
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiya.c View Post
My Fiesta got these new shoes last weekend
Manufacturer: GTR
Total Cost : Rs14,500 set of 4 (Included alignment, wheel balancing and chrome nuts and nozels)
Tyres: Stock 175/65 R14
Where did you buy them from? an address/phone number will help as I plan to get alloys for my FIGO.
Old 7th September 2013, 10:16   #4657
Senior - BHPian

Good morning team, saw these 3 cars i.e baleno, i20 and lancer in my sectors with neat alloy designs. I think the alloys of baleno look OEM.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-baleno.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-i20.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-lancer.jpg  

Old 7th September 2013, 10:18   #4658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Where did you buy them from? an address/phone number will help as I plan to get alloys for my FIGO.
I bought them from the following dealer:

MAX SPEED
7M-3101st Block
HRBR Layout, Kalyan Nagar
maxspeed.tc@gmail.com
PH:+91 8040913119
Old 7th September 2013, 20:06   #4659
BHPian

Though my wish to write a 4 year 28k experience log for my Tata Indica Xeta GLS 1.2 is still pending for me (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2761559) but this thread tempted me to at least share the lovely gift I gave to my first love who definitely deserved some pampering after 5 years of flawless affection she has showered over me.

It need to be noted that I just didn’t get the new alloys for my love, but replaced 5 year old tyres (with tubes) to tubeless one, and upsized the whole package from 165/65 R13 to 175/65 R14. I must admit that I realized upsizing is not that simple so I ended up spending enough time on Team-BHP reading experts opinion as well as googled other articles on the subject.

Eventually, only because the alloy design that I loved (and purchased as well) most was not available within the range that would have made my mind happy due to warnings on Car tyre upsizing calculators, I went ahead with my heard. Before taking this decision, I ensured that I spend enough time with dealer and get a clarity on any risk, and I also told him that if I see a problem with the new package (new tubeless tyre scrapping against the car body and spoiling the rubber, or any other car stability issue at around 100-120 km, when odo may show me lower reading than the real one due to higher new circumference). He was so confident that he told me “Sir, be assured, we don’t want to put our customer’s life at risk and I will replace the whole thing without charging anything if you find any troubles”. Guy has the shop in neighborhood so I was much relieved, and moreover, I do used to visit him for wheel alignment and wheel balancing, which they always did perfectly, so trust factor was already there.

Here is the warning message from online upsizing calculator which told me in red that upsizing difference for circumference is recommended if less than 2% whereas mine was coming out to be 1711.22 mm vs. 1831.86 mm, which in percentage term was 7.05 %.

Name:  Car tye Upsizing calculator.PNG
Views: 10514
Size:  55.7 KB

Knowing well that this car is not a Ferrari and that I am never going to touch 150- 200 km/hour in this car on Indian road, I was not that bothered. After all, neither Indian roads, nor Indian cars are ever made with high speed dynamics and adrenaline/NOx boosters in mind. Correct me if I am wrong (some roads like Mumbai Pune Xpressway or Agra Expressway may be exception here). But honestly speaking, I will not recommend others to break such rules unless they understand the implications and T&C’s involved.

So that is the background, but boy, the first look at the car after installing the 4 new alloys with new upsized tyres and I was just shocked to see the “Before” and “After” effect due to this pampering I did for my first love. Note that I call this beauty my first love because I actually owned it else I have driven cars abroad for years but they all were rentals.

As I mentioned, dealer was well known to me, he suggested that I get the brake calipers and drum painted to make the whole thing more appealing. Boys at his workshop asked me “Which color sir??” and God, I again got a new decision to be made. Note that I spent enough mental energy to finalize an upsizing going against what the theories were suggesting. Just to let you know, I wanted to change the tyres to tubeless one almost one year back but same dealer told me to use them more for some 8-9 months and then change the tyres as well as get new alloys. He didn't actually try to make money but gave me a genuine advice at that time so this one was another honest advice from him which I listened well.

You can see in the photo the color I chose for the brake calipers at front and drums in the rear. Major reason for that was to have them gel well with the car color and the lining on the alloys (See the alloys.... they got a finishing border line in the color of the car, it came as it is from OEM).

Fellow BHPians who are planning to have new alloys, I strongly recommend to consider painting the brake calipers and drums to give that sporty touch to the new look you might be getting for your sweety. Alloy wheels will definitely improve the look of any car, but you can take this a step further by painting the brake calipers or drums behind the wheel itself for sure.

Overall, no problem or concern with the upsized package so far. Honestly speaking, Indica Xeta being a heavy car in front, it used to spoil the rims a lot, especially the front one. This is a common problem you can read from various forums here, and mine were severely damaged as I travel a lot to my home town in Himachal. I have now got a new beauty in my life but the first love is still there with me, at my home in home town. After all, you don’t really sell your love, right. Comfort and handling has improved a lot due to upsizing, I can claim that based on my experience. Jumps and pot-holes feel smoother and don’t make that big impact comparatively due to new package and I must say that I am very happy with my investment.

When you look at the photos, remember, car was 5 year and 2 months “On road” at that time in June 2013. There were other guys at the workshop getting their wheels aligned/balanced that day and they were watching the whole process. When the job was done, all of them actually came and told me that they just loved the new look and were watching all the things that were going on (I swear, when you paint those drums and calliper, and you fit the new alloy, you don't know about the outcome unless the job is done 100%. If it is a mistake, there is no going back so easily, at least for the painting job. So be careful before choosing a funky color). Those positive remarks just made my day that day, and I still keep getting compliments for the alloy and the color combination on the drums/callipers from people I don't really know…..
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00704201304251524.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00705201304251524.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00703201304251523.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00706201304251524.jpg  

Last edited by dharmeshmahajan : 7th September 2013 at 20:11. Reason: Duplication of photo to be removed.
Old 7th September 2013, 22:26   #4660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmeshmahajan View Post
It need to be noted that I just didn’t get the new alloys for my love, but replaced 5 year old tyres (with tubes) to tubeless one, and upsized the whole package from 165/65 R13 to 175/65 R14. I must admit that I realized upsizing is not that simple so I ended up spending enough time on Team-BHP reading experts opinion as well as googled other articles on the subject.
Dharmesh, you have picked a good design of alloys for your car and red color going well on lining and on the drums, calipers!

Which tyre is this? I could read Doublestar on the tyre. I haven't heard about this tyre earlier. I searched Team-BHP for this but no information.

How is your experience with these set of tires till now?

-
SS
Old 8th September 2013, 00:14   #4661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Dharmesh, you have picked a good design of alloys for your car and red color going well on lining and on the drums, calipers!

Which tyre is this? I could read Doublestar on the tyre. I haven't heard about this tyre earlier. I searched Team-BHP for this but no information.

How is your experience with these set of tires till now?
Saurabh, thanks for your kind note and apologies for not providing the information before. I was on the verge of posting the below post to correct my mistake but at the same time, your message got posted. Yes, you are right, they are Double Star tyres. Tyre performance is too good, I feel better grip on the road, I have tested them good many time at 80-90 KMPH to 0 KMPH before being comfortable. I also checked the rubber quality after some long drives on rough roads to see the quality of rubber after they kissed Indian potholes and rough roads of Himachal. I found them trustworthy on u-turns and sharp cuts compared to earlier set of tyres and rims that I had, and you know, they used to make scrrreeeching sound at higher speed at those turns. Comfort factor, as some people have already mentioned, goes superior once you upsize your tyres.

So overall, fabulous experience so far. I will be able to tell real performance more after some 20,000 km running at a minimum on them.

Now here we go with the way I should have provided necessary information earlier:

Tyres – Double Star

Chinese make, bought them after confirming with a transporter friend who have used this brand for his trucks without any worries. Being an engineer myself, last thing I wanted to compromise with was a tyre which plays the role of a lifeline when you are cruising at any speed above 70-80 KMPH. A burst at any speed above that may be a shortcut to heaven. For records, I had Apollo tyres earlier and with cracks appearing on the body, swelled areas on one, and a side cut on another made me realize money never gets you the best.

Wheels- Veloche GW08 14” Finish MBMLR PCD 100-108/8H

Note that I had real trouble finding an alloy for my India Xeta due to 108 PCD it has got. Many alloys got rejected in past due to PCD issue. It need to be mentioned that Tata Indica Diesel comes normally with a 14" tyre but a different set of shocker arrangement to take care of larger size tyres.

Car – Tata Indica Xeta Petrol GLS V2 1.2

Price – 21,000 INR
I don't really remember completely but the amount I paid was in cash and somewhere around this figure.

4 new 14” alloys + 4 new 14” tyres – 4 old rims of 13”

Additional expense – 2,000 INR

I had to replace a shocker on right rear tyre as the gap between new tyre and wheel well/fender was quite low compared to 3 other tyres. Be sure that you measure the gap (with a measurement tape or any other measuring device) between the new tyres and the wheel well/Car fender. It will tell you if something is wrong or not. To make things more perfect, I went into the pit at the same workshop after placing my car on the wheel alignment pit and then asked the boys there to turn the steering to extreme ends. I then used flood light to see if tyre is touching the insides of the wheel well or any other part. Probability and chances of new upsized tyre touching anything is most when the front tyres are turned to the extremes. Normally one will see a marking on the tyre if this is happening. If that happens, the first option will be to have superior shockers, but that is going to make another dent in the pocket. So please be careful before you go for an upsizing while getting new alloys.

Hope this covers must haves for this thread..

To compensate for my mistake, here are some additional photos
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-veloche-gw08-14-inch-mbmlr-pcd-1001088h.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00720201305011840.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img00719201305011839.jpg  

dharmeshmahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2013, 08:54   #4662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhSaran View Post
Here is my Swift vdi DDIS with Plati alloys.

-
SS
Nice choice of alloys, complements the car very well IMHO. Please share the details like cost, shop and the model number of the plati.

Thank you
Old 8th September 2013, 11:02   #4663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Nice choice of alloys, complements the car very well IMHO. Please share the details like cost, shop and the model number of the plati.

Thank you
Thanks vinjosep!

These are PY 011 14" Plati alloy rims, I got these from Tyre Shoppe, Noida around 16 months back.

Total Cost: Rs.14,000 for set of four alloy rims i.e. Rs.3500/- for each rim.

I paid Rs.13,200/- (after buy back of 3 year old OEM steel rims @ Rs.200 each)

-
SS
Old 9th September 2013, 13:12   #4664
Senior - BHPian

Dear Team, Good Afternoon, Saw this white santro at a school parking in sector 21 noida. I opine that hatchbacks look good on a majority with aftermarket alloys.

AD
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-white-santro.jpg  

Old 9th September 2013, 13:58   #4665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
Dear Team, Good Afternoon, Saw this white santro at a school parking in sector 21 noida. I opine that hatchbacks look good on a majority with aftermarket alloys.

AD
No one has pointed out yet.
But this thread is to show off your wheels,not anyone else's

Most Viewed