Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 11:48   #1456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karankapoor View Post
awesome looking alloys,one of the best design lenso has.

Quote:
@sanjz i think there is something wrong with the pics you had stated that alloys are sc01 but only the 1st pic is of sco1 and the in other pics the alloys is dash

and + there is no lip ?
Thanks karan, for pointing out the mistake actually yes i have indeed posted the wrong picture of the rim.
Mods kindly delete the first picture in the post the error is seriously regretted.

Karan even the alloys on my car are samurai SC01 by lenso the lip is is dull chrome more like silver grey karan
Old 27th February 2009, 11:51   #1457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
sanjz thats one awesome ride man! looks real wicked

Thanks White VDI for the kind words ,
Old 27th February 2009, 11:58   #1458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Sanjz- Very nice looking alloys.
What was the deal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
sanjz, the alloys on the car and the alloy in the first pic are different!!!
BTW, both look good!
Quote:
awesome looking alloys,one of the best design lenso has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjz View Post
Thanks White VDI for the kind words ,
Thanks once again to everybody for the kind words have asked mods to delete the pic which was posted wrongly
Old 27th February 2009, 12:03   #1459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
Car looking HOT, but I felt the prices were on the higher side man, I too have SC01 and 205 Sdrives on my Swift. S-Drives 4.2K a piece and I paid 24K for set of 5 Alloys.
Anyways, Car looks great and you are happy, Cheers

P.S: The 1st pic is the Lenso SC01 but what's on your ride isn't, the samurai series are costlier than the regular alloys.
anshrao

the rims on my ride are also SC01 samurai series.i guess with the devaluation of rupee dealers have jacked up the prices , i checked out with the Indian distributor he is quoting the same price as well for a set of four.Moreover i have taken these rims with B/W that too adds to the difference.These rims are also way lighter than the other lenso rims
Old 27th February 2009, 12:13   #1460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks karan, for pointing out the mistake actually yes i have indeed posted the wrong picture of the rim.
Mods kindly delete the first picture in the post the error is seriously regretted.

Karan even the alloys on my car are samurai SC01 by lenso the lip is is dull chrome more like silver grey karan

@sanjz i think still there is a confusion the pic below show the pic no.1 is sc01 and pic 2 is dash .
which on do you have on your ride
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-sc01.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-15ndashhs.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 13:36   #1461
BHPian

Quote:
anshrao

the rims on my ride are also SC01 samurai series.i guess with the devaluation of rupee dealers have jacked up the prices , i checked out with the Indian distributor he is quoting the same price as well for a set of four.Moreover i have taken these rims with B/W that too adds to the difference.These rims are also way lighter than the other lenso rims
Yes the $ factor may be the issue, I had picked mine around 6 months ago. Whatever wheels, your ride looks hot.

Last edited by anshurao : 27th February 2009 at 13:38.
Old 27th February 2009, 13:42   #1462
Distinguished - BHPian

OK guys, here are the pictures of my new set of 14" Plati Alloys and 195/60/R14 alloys for my Accent Viva CRDi. Since i moved from tubed stock tyres of 175/70/R13, when i drove back home ( about 10kms ) after fitment, i can only describe my feeling in one word-HEAVENLY.

Absynthguzzler called me immediately after we left the showroom saying what a superb feeling :-) and seriously, when he called, i too was completely sinked into that blissfull feeling. :-)

Immediate effect was the steering become super light, i mean not light as in feather light but, seems now very well balanced and since also got the nitrogen filled up, the ride felt smooth like butter and absolutely a sea of change.

I took one corner at about 80kmph and it felt as i was on a straight road, so well planted on the road.

Since, i have driven only 10kms after the change, i cannot really comment in detail so will post a detailed review after my next highway trip. In short, i am totally happy with the marked improvement in ride and handling and glad that i took this decision.

Now coming to the cost part, it isnt 22K effective spend as mentioned earlier. I coaxed the dealer to buy back my old steel rims of stock accent, which thankfully are lying around in my attic. He is going to take them back at Rs.500/ Rim.

So, now the effective spend is ONLY Rs.19,500 for a set of 5 Michelin Tyres and 4 Plati 14" Alloys. Now, according to me that's one
sweet deal.

Finally, thanks to Krishna and Zerocritical for responding to my queries and helping me out with some pricing info.

Hope you guys like the alloy design and look forward to comments. I am now itching to get a similar deal and upgrade the footwear for my Hyundai i10 Kappa too.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc_5663.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc_5670.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc_5672.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc_5673.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-dsc_5674.jpg  

Old 27th February 2009, 13:46   #1463
BHPian

mobike, very neat, car is looking great and must be fun to drive as well
Old 27th February 2009, 13:56   #1464
Senior - BHPian

that's one gleaming car with gleaming alloys. they look uber cool. michellin rocks. fast got faster eh!! enjoy. great buy...
Old 27th February 2009, 13:59   #1465
BHPian

Mobike, great looking alloys.. The crome and black finish on an alloy always looks great.

Have fun.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:08   #1466
BHPian

mobike,those wheels look awesome sirji.

i am sure when they rotate they will attract alot of onlookers
Old 27th February 2009, 14:08   #1467
BANNED

Another member in plati's club.. good choice.. looks neat!!
Also, very well maintained exteriors.. awesome shine
Old 27th February 2009, 14:29   #1468
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshurao View Post
mobike, very neat, car is looking great and must be fun to drive as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
that's one gleaming car with gleaming alloys. they look uber cool. michellin rocks. fast got faster eh!! enjoy. great buy...
Thanks Anshu and Mahesh. Well, it's a pete'd and green cotton airfiltered ride and with this change, it just got a bit more lethal. Hope that answers your question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Mobike, great looking alloys.. The crome and black finish on an alloy always looks great.Have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
mobike,those wheels look awesome sirji. i am sure when they rotate they will attract alot of onlookers
Thanks guys, glad you liked 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Another member in plati's club.. good choice.. looks neat!! Also, very well maintained exteriors.. awesome shine
Thanks, i like my ride to shine at all times. So it gets a thorough wash on the body and tyres before it comes out of my gate each day. Every couple of months it goes for a nice waxing ( serves as good exercise too for me).
Old 27th February 2009, 14:36   #1469
BHPian

Thats a wonderful deal ashwin ... and needless to say, the alloys look clean and awesome on the read beast !!

Only suggestion i give is probably u could have painted the rear drums to silver or black.. that wood add more to looks .. No red here .. he he he I made a mistake by painting those red !

anyways a nice car and beautiful alloys .. thanks for the pics and welcome for ur appreciation .. any other help needed anytime.. plz dnt hesitate

Note from Mods : Please try to use punctuation properly and avoid SMS language. Take a look at this thread before continuing. Thanks.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th February 2009 at 15:12. Reason: Please see note in post.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:56   #1470
BHPian

Avi Bhai, Mubarak..nice looking alloys and a great deal in the end.

I am sure you must be enjoing the huge difference in the ride and handling of your ride now.

Most Viewed