Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2009, 05:36   #2131
BHPian

Decode @ Macro

Hey Guys,
These are pics of my late 1999 Maruti 800, This is code named - Macro. This car is like this for the past few years. I thought it would match this forum. It has got imported "American Racing" Alloys and Michellin Tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-post1a.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-post3c.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 30th June 2009, 13:23   #2132
BHPian

Guys, am getting my Punto delivered tomorrow and am bent upon going for better shoes. A small query, afaik, the punto sports 98 pcd alloys, can someone confirm for sure if it is 98pcd? I read online on some punto forums that its with 100pcd.
Old 30th June 2009, 13:53   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Hey Guys,
These are pics of my late 1999 Maruti 800, This is code named - Macro. This car is like this for the past few years. I thought it would match this forum. It has got imported "American Racing" Alloys and Michellin Tyres.
@Decode those wheels on the M800 don't look bad at all.
But, are you using silver/mirror coated windows?
If you are (not 100% evident from the pics), you would
do a world of good without them. Just my opinion.

@NIP: That scorp is spanking! The Wheels are running the show!

Last edited by prince_pervez : 30th June 2009 at 13:57.
Old 30th June 2009, 15:22   #2134
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post

@NIP: That scorp is spanking! The Wheels are running the show!
Thanks ! Some better pics:
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p1090310.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p1090312.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-p1090311.jpg  

Old 30th June 2009, 15:53   #2135
Senior - BHPian

lovely alloys!! the best in the 16 inch range i might add. what was the pricing?
Old 30th June 2009, 16:15   #2136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Hey Krish,

I have seen many cars with alloys wherein the Brake drums or calipers have been painted red, looks nice! I want to get only the front brake calipers painted red, what kind of paint is that? how much shd painting of front 2 brake calipers cost me? What kind of places do this kind of painting?
The vendor told me that he normally charges Rs.1000 for such painting (4 wheels). The paints come in a spray can (more like your deo). Takes 10 mins to dry. First they apply white and then the color. I got all 4 painted for 750. I guess it should be available in all alloy shops.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:10   #2137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Hey Krish,

I have seen many cars with alloys wherein the Brake drums or calipers have been painted red, looks nice! I want to get only the front brake calipers painted red, what kind of paint is that? how much shd painting of front 2 brake calipers cost me? What kind of places do this kind of painting?
Hope this helps:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1288247
Old 30th June 2009, 18:18   #2138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
Thanks ! Some better pics:
I won't be wrong in admitting that those are the best set of alloys I have seen till today on a Scorpio.
You need to put in extra effort to keep em clean everytime you take her out.
Also it would be better if you polish that scorpio exterior to match those great wheels.
It is difficult to maintain the shine on a black colored Scorpio.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:48   #2139
BHPian

@ decode !
The wheels look good. Its a balancing act to upgrade the car and make it look great and not overbearing or even gaudy.
Your alloy set is stunningly enhancing the look of the car (800) but great thing is it still looks stock. The film adds to it.
'Form follows function' used to be the suzuki design philosophy then i guess.
Not so anymore i am afraid...
anyway , good choice mate.

Last edited by HIGHNOON : 30th June 2009 at 18:51.
Old 30th June 2009, 18:54   #2140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Guys, am getting my Punto delivered tomorrow and am bent upon going for better shoes. A small query, afaik, the punto sports 98 pcd alloys, can someone confirm for sure if it is 98pcd? I read online on some punto forums that its with 100pcd.
congrats guy. Punto is achingly good looking one and the great wheel size..... Thats the way cars are meant to be. great lines and build strength. Hope u get a great alloy set for it.
Do post your experience with it.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:21   #2141
BHPian

Thanks for the comments Prince and Highnoon. These glasses are not mirroe coated.. They are reflective silver film. I had black films on them, changed them to higher end silver few months back. They serve me good during sunny days and I have noticed a much efficent A/C after I moved em to silver. Also,night vision is great from inside the car.
Old 30th June 2009, 22:39   #2142
Senior - BHPian

Lovely wheels @ decode, they gel with the car perfectly.

@ furioussphinx - does your GP come with alloys or steel? If alloys leave them pretty much alone. Are you also thinking of tinkering with the size of the wheel? I would recommend that you drive the car around for a bit before you change your wheel/tyre sizes.

Coming to your question - I have read somewhere on TBHP that Fiat is sticking with 98 PCD for the GP.

Cheers,
Old 1st July 2009, 08:17   #2143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Lovely wheels @ decode, they gel with the car perfectly.

@ furioussphinx - does your GP come with alloys or steel? If alloys leave them pretty much alone. Are you also thinking of tinkering with the size of the wheel? I would recommend that you drive the car around for a bit before you change your wheel/tyre sizes.

Coming to your question - I have read somewhere on TBHP that Fiat is sticking with 98 PCD for the GP.

Cheers,
Hi Revvs,

It comes with 14 inch rims. If it was the alloys, then I would have simply upgraded. The stock tire size that am getting now is 160. I will upgrade to 185 or 195 on the 14 inch rims. If I manage to get 15 inch alloys, then it will be 205 size. I and aadix went to Ashoka the other day and he was trying hard to brainwash me into putting on 100pcd alloys. He did not have linea alloys or any other 98pcd ones either.
Old 1st July 2009, 08:32   #2144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Hi Revvs,

It comes with 14 inch rims. If it was the alloys, then I would have simply upgraded. The stock tire size that am getting now is 160. I will upgrade to 185 or 195 on the 14 inch rims. If I manage to get 15 inch alloys, then it will be 205 size. I and aadix went to Ashoka the other day and he was trying hard to brainwash me into putting on 100pcd alloys. He did not have linea alloys or any other 98pcd ones either.
Deal with Ritesh at Ashoka, he remembers Avinash and me as well as I have just bought tyres for my Laura and wheels + tyres for my Palio. Whatever you do, fit only 98 PCD wheels. If necessary place an order (neo and aura make them). If your budget permits buy OE Linea/GP alloys (15") from the Fiat showroom/A.S.C. they might cost around Rs.8K each. 160 sounds a wee bit narrow, I think you can go up to 195, IMHO 205 would be too wide, wider tyres mean harder steering, ride and additional friction causing loss of performance and FE. Remember to use the tyre upsize calculator while deciding the tyre size and do not exceed 3% of the original dia. if you exceed 2-3%, car will feel like a tugboat.

Cheers,
Old 1st July 2009, 09:06   #2145
Senior - BHPian

ravveendrra saheb do you still have your OE palio alloys ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks