Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 22:51   #2656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
Finally purchased my i10 AT yesterday (monday). I had the HR alloys and yokohama tyres fitted in my i10 AT today.
Congrats Ikoneer. Ikoneer, the alloys are Fake HR, it's visible from the HR sticker. The Silver HR sticker is nowhere used either by HR or Sai Mag Wheels (Delhi based Importers and Distributors), and Gautam from Sai Mag showed me the same fake sticker.

PS: Now, HR sticker has largely been replaced by HRS in a sportier look.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:00   #2657
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Congrats Ikoneer. Ikoneer, the alloys are Fake HR, it's visible from the HR sticker. The Silver HR sticker is nowhere used either by HR or Sai Mag Wheels (Delhi based Importers and Distributors), and Gautam from Sai Mag showed me the same fake sticker.

PS: Now, HR sticker has largely been replaced by HRS in a sportier look.
The silver HR sticker used to be used long while ago. Now they don't. That's all. It does not mean that these are fake.

These are very much original HR alloys. Model no. H285 if I'm not mistaken from the HR catalogue. Ofcourse old design and not a new one.

ps: you can see the same alloys on Sameer sultan's Cruze but in 17".

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...t-5000kms.html
Old 19th January 2010, 23:03   #2658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Looks fantastic Ikoneer. Really gives the car a different and more manly look I love when the tire sticks out of the body a bit.

I may be going for a similar setup soon but probably with 185's.

Just wondering, is 2000 a fair buyback or should we expect some more for the i10's stock wheels?
2000 is a lot for the i10's wheels and tyres! It's a very good deal!

Vid and TSK --- What is genuine HR? Is there any official website or something showing all the products and designs they have?
Old 19th January 2010, 23:07   #2659
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

Vid and TSK --- What is genuine HR? Is there any official website or something showing all the products and designs they have?
Thanks for the clarification Nikhil.

cheers
Old 19th January 2010, 23:22   #2660
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

It's an old site.

¦X´¼¤u·~ªÑ¥÷¦³**¤½¥q

AFAIK it's a company based in taiwan. HR is itself not really a brand.

The factory is in Taiwan and they make alloys for many other brands. Some of them are just branded and sold as HR or Hijoin or HRS and god knows what.

There is nothing like original or fake. They are all made in Taiwan.
Old 19th January 2010, 23:42   #2661
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
The silver HR sticker used to be used long while ago. Now they don't. That's all. It does not mean that these are fake.

These are very much original HR alloys. Model no. H285 if I'm not mistaken from the HR catalogue. Ofcourse old design and not a new one.

ps: you can see the same alloys on Sameer sultan's Cruze but in 17".

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...t-5000kms.html
Vid6639, the model number is correct. You can see many designs which are common to HR, Plati, Flying Eagle and 'n' number of brands. i10 alloys are not original HR's, and never was this sticker in use either by HR or Sai Mag Wheels. Since this was made clear to me by Gautam from Sai Mag, I can confidently say this. The first day I went to Sai Mag, I also toured Karol Bagh, a hub for Alloy wheels and I spotted the same fakes there. All the stickers which have been used in the past have been covered in a post made by me in the thread "Trip to Sai Mag Wheels". The link to the concerned post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post1340059

Concerned pics:

Sameer's alloys are of Flying Eagle brand (or any similar logo one), which is actually the fake HR's which you see. See the pic posted by Sameer:

[Moderators, all these pictures were already available on the TBHP server. I used the file link on server to display pics.]

Many dealers sell these as original HR's and people who vouch for HR's quality are fooled into buying fakes. Please do take into account that the complete Silver HR logo is actually a fake, moreover original HR's have the model number engraved to the inner side. And nowadays, a new sticker is available in HR as CBS written in the same way as you can see HRS in pics. CBS is used for Chrome Black Series, and I spotted this when I was at BK Tyres for my friend's car. It's just a case when I was introduced to TBHP, I came across fake HR stories and thanks to Jitesh from BK Tyres, who actually showed me the fake HR's on my friend's Swift, which we all thought to be original having an old sticker.

Website of Sai Mag Wheels, Delhi based importers and distributors of HR.
http://www.alloywheelsindia.com
http://www.saimagwheels.com
Vid, I searched 285 here and saw the design you were talking of.

Last edited by tsk13 : 19th January 2010 at 23:47.
Old 20th January 2010, 00:12   #2662
Senior - BHPian

Vid Sir, HR is the brand which Hijoin strated off with and later changed to HRS. Moreover, they also make Lightweight Mag Wheels, which are sold in India by the name of Magline Series. I once spotted a 5 series type alloy of HR outside a tyre shop and the tyre guy told me that HR also makes alloys for BMW. The design which I'm talking of is H031, and certain BHPians also have it. They've good replicas of Merc too and I believe there is a different catalogue covering replicas. Since i20 is under warranty, I ain't changing the alloys but later I shall upgrade to either this or something from Lenso series .
Old 20th January 2010, 00:24   #2663
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Vid Sir, HR is the brand which Hijoin strated off with and later changed to HRS. Moreover, they also make Lightweight Mag Wheels, which are sold in India by the name of Magline Series. I once spotted a 5 series type alloy of HR outside a tyre shop and the tyre guy told me that HR also makes alloys for BMW. The design which I'm talking of is H031, and certain BHPians also have it. They've good replicas of Merc too and I believe there is a different catalogue covering replicas. Since i20 is under warranty, I ain't changing the alloys but later I shall upgrade to either this or something from Lenso series .
Arre kya yaar, what sir and all.

I really doubt BMW will get alloys from HR. Although I know for a fact that BMW replica alloys are from HR.

I had no idea about the sticker part. Thanks for that info.

But how do you tell apart fake from real if there are no stickers?

If you see I mentioned earlier that all these brands like Plati, HR, flying eagle and what not are all made in Taiwan. Taiwan has factories that make these alloys. These alloys are then sold to companies like Plati and HR and the sticker is accordingly placed.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that there is no fake or real with any of these brands.

The branded ones which adhere to higher quality is Lenso, Konig and a few others. These are also made in Taiwan.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th January 2010 at 00:25.
Old 20th January 2010, 00:25   #2664

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Are those Lensos?
They look good and suit the car too.
thanks aparth, yes it is 'Lenso Samurai'
Old 20th January 2010, 01:02   #2665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Arre kya yaar, what sir and all.

I really doubt BMW will get alloys from HR. Although I know for a fact that BMW replica alloys are from HR.

I had no idea about the sticker part. Thanks for that info.

But how do you tell apart fake from real if there are no stickers?

If you see I mentioned earlier that all these brands like Plati, HR, flying eagle and what not are all made in Taiwan. Taiwan has factories that make these alloys. These alloys are then sold to companies like Plati and HR and the sticker is accordingly placed.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that there is no fake or real with any of these brands.

The branded ones which adhere to higher quality is Lenso, Konig and a few others. These are also made in Taiwan.
Regarding HR being OE supplier to BMW, God knows what's the truth.

You're very correct when it comes to one single plant manufacturing same alloys which are branded as different entities. I believe this to be the case with Plati and Prestige as these brands have websites of their Importers and not of the Manufacturer. I mean not both are made in the same plant, but different plants manufacture these brands but their production is also sold under other names. Plati is imported by Auto Dynamic, Ludhiana (Auto Dynamic) and Prestige is Imported by Universal Tyre House, Delhi (:: PRESTIGE DESIGN ::). The reason I believe HR and League have proper branding by the manufacturer is primarily because of the websites their respective manufacturers have and importers too. You know Auto Dynamic, Ludhiana also imports League and prior to Auto Dynamic, Sai Mag Wheels (HR) used to import League.

Regarding identifying HR in case of no sticker, look towards the back of the hub area (middle area) of the alloy. HR alloys have the Design number engraved there. In my case, H373 is engraved.

Lenso, I believe also has Thai production along with Taiwan. Lenso along with Konig falls in the upper category when it comes to quality. When I purchased alloys for the first time, I was like HR has good quality and it does but now I realise every single piece of alloy has proven its mettle on the Indian roads. Any X,Y or Z brand it may be, structurally they're all time tested on Indian roads. One good thing about HR guys is that the same designs keep on flying in, so in event of requirement of a single piece there's a high probability of present or near-future availability.

And Vid, I think most of the alloys are Chinese not Taiwanese. This actually has a major role to play in Branding in Indian context as anyday people will perceive Taiwanese stuff to be superior to Chinese. The Prestige Alloys importer told me that the alloys are Made in Taiwan but since there was no Manufacturer's website I don't believe his words; he might be true but I don't conclude anything regarding manufacturing. And the same thinking I've for Plati. Interestingly, Auto Dynamic's Plati is seen more than League; it appears to be a deliberate attempt to promote their own brand 'Plati' than focussing on known 'League'. In Delhi, Plati is easily available than League, and here HR and League are not that popular as they're in other Indian cities. The majority of Sales constitute Cheap Chinese imports and brands (if they're actually a brand) like S.M., k-Speed, Flying Eagle, Xtreme(Aluminium wheels manufacturer,aluminium wheels supplier,India,aluminium wheels supplier,manufacturers,exporters,suppliers), Prestige <-(Taiwan or China?)-> Plati and God knows what. But as I said, their quality to withstand Indian roads has been proven over time and they're a tough competition for brands like Lenso, Konig, HR, League, Neo etc.

Last edited by tsk13 : 20th January 2010 at 01:11.
Old 20th January 2010, 02:08   #2666
Distinguished - BHPian

HR being OE supplier is possible in a world where pigs fly, I can run a 4 minute mile and where George W Bush is the smartest guy.

I dont mean to offend or piss off anybody who owns the following brands, but this is my honest opinion. I believe that there is nothing wrong in buying a Plati/HR/etc, but you should juts know the complete story. Dont expect the quality of an Aura or Lenso for the price of a Plati.

I've been saying what Vidyuth just said for ages. Plati, flying eagle(and various permutations and combinations of that, like chrome eagle, black eagle, etc), HR, HRS, etc are crap.

They all come from no name factories with no major certification to authenticate what is what.

They all sell in the market because they look good, they are cheap and Indians care only about price. Trust me on this. It doesnt matter how well educated or how rich he is. If they dont know about the product, they will tend to go with the cheapest. And stuff like Lenso, Konig is not available as widely as Plati, HR, etc.... Also, we enthusiasts know that Lenso, Konig, OZ, BBS are high quality alloys. However, these brands havent gained public popularity like tyre brands.

People, even if they dont know anything about tyres, would prefer a Bridgestone, Michelin or MRF because they have heard of these brands. Many people havent heard of Pirellis, Yokos or Continentals.

Many of these alloys come from Taiwan and many more come from China. Usually Taiwan has better quality control than China, but when it comes to alloys, everything is the same. It's just price which rules.

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 20th January 2010 at 02:09.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2010, 02:16   #2667
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...r-img_0085.jpghttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...r-img_0088.jpghttp://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...r-img_0089.jpgHowever posted the same pic in the stickers show off thread but since its a thread to show rims so no harm posting mine.
16 inchers
205 size tyre
Dont really know about what brand they are. Never though i heard. Its written Formula in there though on the rim.

Last edited by Car-e-ok : 20th January 2010 at 02:35.
Old 20th January 2010, 11:35   #2668
Senior - BHPian

My Wheels

Brand - OZ Racing Canova
Rim Size - 15" X 6.5"
PCD - 100
Offset - 43
Tires - 205/55/R15 Yokohama S-Drives
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-pic-1.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-pic-2.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-pic-3.jpg  

Old 20th January 2010, 11:36   #2669
Senior - BHPian

Segggzaa! They are going well with the car. Congrats! I liked them.
Old 20th January 2010, 22:54   #2670
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Ikoneer. Ikoneer, the alloys are Fake HR, it's visible from the HR sticker.
Thanks for highlighting. Whatever excitement i had yesterday is surely not there now. I know it's made in Taiwan/Thailand/China somewhere, that' not a problem but i thought it to be a HR alloy and suddenly it's not then it is quite disturbing.

Quote:
Now that's very comforting, but then i am not an expert on these stuff and it's quite confusing for me.

Quote:
I believe that there is nothing wrong in buying a Plati/HR/etc, but you should juts know the complete story.

I've been saying what Vidyuth just said for ages. Plati, flying eagle(and various permutations and combinations of that, like chrome eagle, black eagle, etc), HR, HRS, etc are crap.

And stuff like Lenso, Konig is not available as widely as Plati, HR, etc....
Very well said Nikhil, cant' agree with you more. When i went to XL tyre point in chennai, i asked them if they have Konig and they said 'we don't have such brands'. XL Tyre is quite a big/known tyre shop in chennai and such is the awareness.

Now coming back to my alloys:
The dealer showed me a beautiful MOMO corse with silver lip & black twin four spokes. It was very sporty but when it was fitted with a tyre it somehow did not gel well with the car and i did not like it.
Then we tried the HR alloys and i liked the bling bling immediately and took it.

ok Now what, How safe and reliable it is, i hope it will not crack/break at good speeds. Now this is my major concern.

well, I am quite upset, let me think and write my thoughts tomorrow.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks