Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2010, 20:02   #2731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
My Swift VDI ABS with 15" Lenso SHU Hypersilver with 195/50 Bridgestone G3
Nice rims!

Can you please tell me how much you paid for them?

Thanks
Old 4th February 2010, 21:31   #2732
BHPian

I saw some good alloys today and would like to have your views on it.
1. I like the finish of apollo alloys, how is the performance. Can i go for that.
2. Between Neo and apollo alloys, what would be the better choice.
3. There was another brand called veloche, is that good. the dealer said its from the same lenso brand

ps: Konig is not available with the dealers here, need to see the alloys in internet and order the same.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-apollo-1.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-apollo-2.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-apollo-3.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-neo.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-velache.jpg
Old 4th February 2010, 21:53   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azharace View Post

I was quoted 21.5k for set of 4. My question is are they original? And if they aren't, are they worth it? Thanks !
The price seems a bit too high unless you are seriously interested in the brand.

Is it not better to buy a set of 5 ? If you have a flat tyre in the middle of nowhere, it will not be good to limp with uneven wheels and tyres.

You could buy brands like apollo or Neo with tyres as a set of 5 for the similar price. Just my humble opinions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoneer View Post
I saw some good alloys today and would like to have your views on it.
1. I like the finish of apollo alloys, how is the performance. Can i go for that.
2. Between Neo and apollo alloys, what would be the better choice.
3. There was another brand called veloche, is that good. the dealer said its from the same lenso brand

ps: Konig is not available with the dealers here, need to see the alloys in internet and order the same.
@ikoneer,

IMO, the ones with black shade will look good on your car. I too feel that apollos look better than Neos.

Just a few questions please.

Which showroom you saw these ?
What is the Price of apollo wheels ? Do they come in set of 4 or 5 ?
How does the offset of these rims match ?
Old 4th February 2010, 21:55   #2734
Distinguished - BHPian

Apollos anyday! The quality is superb. No grey market crap. Full support from company in case you are unhappy. They look good as well.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:02   #2735
BHPian

@ikoneer - I am sure Nikhil knows more about the quality, but there are 2 new models from Neo called "Axis" & "Sleek", they look swell... look up their website

I called "Sandya" for these, but too bad he couldn't source them for my Esteem. I am sure it would be easy to source for an i10.

Sandya,
17, Sriman Srinivasa Road,
Alwarpet, Chennai - 18
Phone Number: 044 - 2498 8818 / 19
Cell: 98410 41132

Hope it helps.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:10   #2736
Senior - BHPian

^^The last one with the red lip is good. But everything changes once the car comes into picture.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:35   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
@ikoneer,

IMO, the ones with black shade will look good on your car. I too feel that apollos look better than Neos.

Which showroom you saw these ?
What is the Price of apollo wheels ? Do they come in set of 4 or 5 ?
How does the offset of these rims match ?
Yes, i also liked the silver and black combi. The dealers placed the wheel in a red swift and it looked cool. If i am going for apollo, it would be either of the pic 1 or 2. Now over to your questions
. Saw the wheels at Raja Tires, Royapettah
. He has quoted 14.5 for a set of 5 and says same model prices increase with a different finish. Need to check with other dealers on this aspect.
. I havent' gone to that level yet, saw the model in person, checked the rate, clicked some pics and posted it here. Will call him up and check those tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Apollos anyday! The quality is superb. No grey market crap. Full support from company in case you are unhappy. They look good as well.
Thanks Nikhil. i asked a dealer for apollo alloys and he said apollo has wheel wobbling problem etc, i then realised he does not deal with apollo alloys. But is that the case, any such known issues.

[quote=Venom_rider;1716873]@ikoneer - I am sure Nikhil knows more about the quality, but there are 2 new models from Neo called "Axis" & "Sleek", they look swell... look up their website

I called "Sandya" for these
[quote]
Thanks Venom. I had been to sandya and the neo pics were taken at sandya only. There was not much choices available, same usual design and i like the apollo designs and finish, its much better than neo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
^^The last one with the red lip is good. But everything changes once the car comes into picture.
Any idea on the brand. The alloy certainly looks different.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:40   #2738
Distinguished - BHPian

No such problems man.... We've had only one case of wobbling and that was on a Safari and it was due to the wheel nuts.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:59   #2739
BHPian

guys - during my recent wheel balancing and alignment, two of my alloy center caps were found to be broken. Is the center cap just for looks, or does it have any function? and can i get replacements from somewhere?

edit - i think mine are league alloys (center cap said LG!)

Last edited by jassi : 4th February 2010 at 23:01.
Old 4th February 2010, 23:16   #2740
Senior - BHPian

Ikoneer, another lie by the dealer. Veloche is nowhere related to Lenso other than the fact that they copy Lenso designs.
Old 5th February 2010, 02:17   #2741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I love your Punto :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurtazaGhiya View Post
Apart from the great looking Punto, you have great photography skills
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishotmydog View Post
that is one neat punto sphinx, excellent pictures
Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
That Punto looks HOT!

Nice panning shots as well.
Thanks a lot guys
Old 5th February 2010, 10:11   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Nice rims!

Can you please tell me how much you paid for them?

Thanks
Thank you!

It cost me Rs.24000\- for set of 5 for the alloys.

& another Rs.21000\- for the tires.
Old 5th February 2010, 10:33   #2743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Hi VTEC,

Nice rims. I have always liked the Lenso SHU specifically for its multi spoke design & mirror lip & was even contemplating on getting myself a set. I however, feel a 205/55/R15 tire would look better on them. Could you share the offset of these rims?

Also, do you find it difficult to clean your rims maybe due to the close multi spoke design?
Hey Epic,

The problem with the 205/55 profile is it touches the mudguards when 4-5 people sit inside. Moreover, the tyre dealer said the inner wall of the tire would touch during a full steering lock. Not really sure how far its true. I didn't want to take a chance with it. There are a lot of posts in the forum too that says 205s would touch the body.

I would have loved to put a 205/55/R15 on my ride. In fact, I went in search of the same profile.
Sadly there was no stock in whole of Bangalore when I got the upgrade done. I didn't want to shift to Michelins or Yokos.

It take a lot of time to wash the alloys. Not because of the spokes but there are few corners that you cannot reach. So, you have to roll a piece of cloth to clean that. Besides that the studs on the rim too make it difficult to clean.

I will confirm the offset of the rims. Not quite sure about it now.
Old 6th February 2010, 09:51   #2744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Thanks a lot guys
Stunning! BTW, the background is a dead giveaway at least to HiTec City TBHians

How on earth did you manage to park your car and/or take pics without causing mayhem ?
Old 6th February 2010, 10:59   #2745
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_Rocks View Post
Hey Epic,

The problem with the 205/55 profile is it touches the mudguards when 4-5 people sit inside. Moreover, the tyre dealer said the inner wall of the tire would touch during a full steering lock. Not really sure how far its true. I didn't want to take a chance with it. There are a lot of posts in the forum too that says 205s would touch the body.

I would have loved to put a 205/55/R15 on my ride. In fact, I went in search of the same profile.
Sadly there was no stock in whole of Bangalore when I got the upgrade done. I didn't want to shift to Michelins or Yokos.

It take a lot of time to wash the alloys. Not because of the spokes but there are few corners that you cannot reach. So, you have to roll a piece of cloth to clean that. Besides that the studs on the rim too make it difficult to clean.

I will confirm the offset of the rims. Not quite sure about it now.
Hi VTEC,

Well, the information about the 205/55/R15 that it would touch the body on full load is absolutely untrue. I can say this with full confidence as I myself am using that size currently on my Swift since the past 8 months & have absolutely no issue wat-so-ever. I was planning to change my 5 spoke OZs to a multi-spoke design as they look much better on a Swift but heard its hard to clean hence wanted your feedback.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks