Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:16   #4921
BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Do manufacturers even offer warranty on suspension? AFAIK it is considered as a wear and tear part.
Warranty coverage for suspension components is restricted to a certain number of kilometres, it varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. The norm usually is around 15-20k kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I don't think anyone is willing to take back steel wheels. It could be because I have tried for a Swift, which has probably the maximum number of steel wheels getting into scrap route and hence there is no way the dealer can sell it off. I'm not sure if people are willing to buy back for some other models.

As maglev pointed out, you'll lose out on suspension warranty if you put after-market alloys.

In most cases, no one wants the steel wheels and you'll most likely end up having to take it home. Even in case of after-market shops, they are rarely willing to offer anything for the steel wheel. I still have 4 steel wheels sitting at home as a 'stand' in a corner of the room.

BTW, which make is the car?

Don't know of other places, but in Delhi/NCR there is a market for rims removed from a brand new car. I myself have sold my new Maruti Ritz VXI rims for Rs 300/- per piece and purchased a brand new set (removed from a new car) for the Accent at Rs 350/- per piece and another Rs 300/- for the wheel caps (set of 4), before selling it off as I wanted to retain my after-market alloys for the Ritz.

Link to thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...el-caps-2.html

Last edited by maglev : 2nd November 2014 at 22:27.
maglev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:04   #4922
BHPian

Exactly my point and the car has usually covered 40km+ during PDI so buying Aftermarket wheels or those from the authorized service center won't make a difference.
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:55   #4923
BHPian

hi.
the car is elite i20 sportzcan someone confirm on the warranty part? AFAIK almost everyone goes for aftermarket..as the dealers charge a bomb!
Thanks
Shailesh
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:13   #4924
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
hi.
the car is elite i20 sportzcan someone confirm on the warranty part? AFAIK almost everyone goes for aftermarket..as the dealers charge a bomb!
Thanks
Shailesh
Hyundai is not so fussy on aftermarket alloys. I bought a Verna CRDI SX in 2008 (even that did not come with alloys in those days) and fitted aftermarket alloys almost immediately from outside. Had no issues with the warranty anytime.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:55   #4925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post
Hyundai is not so fussy on aftermarket alloys. I bought a Verna CRDI SX in 2008 (even that did not come with alloys in those days) and fitted aftermarket alloys almost immediately from outside. Had no issues with the warranty anytime.
Did you actually make a claim for suspension repair (or any other repair) under warranty for your Verna?

In most cases, they don't usually object to the warranty issues till you actually need one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
hi.
Thanks
Shailesh
This behavior is not really a policy from Hyundai - they would insist on OEM Accessories that cost a fortune.

If your HASS is not going to give too much hassle, you are probably good. Check with some Hyundai owners in your city.

Last edited by zenren : 3rd November 2014 at 16:59.
Old 8th November 2014, 19:08   #4926
BHPian

The only tastefully modified showroom car. LOL The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415453826.463943.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415453842.861734.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415453873.012524.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1415453887.533103.jpg
Pics by dipin photography, autoarmy & atharvak
Ferrariwell is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 12:33   #4927
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrariwell View Post
The only tastefully modified showroom car. LOL
Shi, so sad to see such a stunner in this way :(
Unknownsatan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2014, 14:09   #4928
Distinguished - BHPian

Sacrilege, that's what this is.
Looks as if the owner wants both worlds!
Old 11th November 2014, 18:18   #4929
BHPian

My Swift with 17 inch League alloys and Maxxis tyres 215/45 R17. Currently the car runs on Nankang NS-20 215/45 R17.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-3.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-4.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-2.jpg  

sheldon4888 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 03:28   #4930

Hi Guys! This is my first post on team bhp! Thank you very much for making me a part of team-bhp.com. Looking forward to posting many posts and pics on the long drive ahead on team bhp.com. As a start, I have added the pic of my ride.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-s.jpg  

SHASSY is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 07:14   #4931
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Do manufacturers even offer warranty on suspension? AFAIK it is considered as a wear and tear part.
Yes, they do. But some of them are fuzzy with aftermarket alloys or tyre up sizes. Ford doesn't like owners fiddling with the car for instance.

MSIL is customer friendly in that regard. I just got the left and right stabilizer bars changed on the Swift last month. The car is on the 3rd year of extended warranty and 47000 KM. I am running a slightly wider tyre (195/60) on stock alloys.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 12:55   #4932
Senior - BHPian

Swift stock alloys are 14" and 195/60 comes only in 15" so did MUL upsize stock alloys to 15" when the new swift was launched or am I missing something here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Yes, they do. But some of them are fuzzy with aftermarket alloys or tyre up sizes. Ford doesn't like owners fiddling with the car for instance.

MSIL is customer friendly in that regard. I just got the left and right stabilizer bars changed on the Swift last month. The car is on the 3rd year of extended warranty and 47000 KM. I am running a slightly wider tyre (195/60) on stock alloys.
Old 14th November 2014, 13:12   #4933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Swift stock alloys are 14" and 195/60 comes only in 15" so did MUL upsize stock alloys to 15" when the new swift was launched or am I missing something here.
Swift ZXi/ZDi stock alloys are 15" (with 185/65/R15 tyres) since 2011 new model.
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 15:01   #4934
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Tastefully Modified Cars in India

Volvo S60 with TSW Rotary Forged Wheels.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-10721096_10152513208419143_835856548_n.jpg  

chiragh_bir is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th November 2014, 18:07   #4935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHASSY View Post
Hi Guys! This is my first post on team bhp! Thank you very much for making me a part of team-bhp.com. Looking forward to posting many posts and pics on the long drive ahead on team bhp.com. As a start, I have added the pic of my ride.
Cool looking set of alloys there, very well blending with the colour of the car. Welcome to Team BHP Family and looking forward to your posts. BTW, what is the destination for the long drive?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks