Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2015, 21:20   #5116
BHPian

re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img20150808wa0030.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-wp_20150807_002.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-wp_20150808_17_38_41_pro.jpg

265/70R15 Apollo Apterra on 15x7JJ CBU Enkei Wheels on my Gangsta. Hub caps had to be replace with Infinity Off-road hubcaps after I lost one of the original caps in an Off-road trail.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:09   #5117
BHPian

Safari Storme with GTR alloys (8J) and stock Duelers

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-ss1.jpeg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-ss2.jpeg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-ss3.jpeg

Last edited by sandeep_vgl : 23rd September 2015 at 16:10.
sandeep_vgl is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 19:07   #5118
Senior - BHPian

I would love to see the Safari's alloys on the Pajero!! Photoshop experts where are you?
Old 25th September 2015, 10:36   #5119
BHPian

I have a query regarding the Safari alloys. If the tyres are stock then how come the tyres are out of body? Is it because of the aftermarket alloys?
Old 25th September 2015, 10:48   #5120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Very good choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
I have a query regarding the Safari alloys. If the tyres are stock then how come the tyres are out of body? Is it because of the aftermarket alloys?
Its to do with offset. Most aftermarket alloys have negative offset which makes wheels protrude out of the body line.

Read more here.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:57   #5121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
The tyres just assemble to the alloys. So they being stock or new, doesn't really have any bearing on the wheels protruding out
Two things change the extent to which the alloys protrude out of the body

1. in the Design of the wheels (not the aesthetic design), There is a parameter called offset.
Offset is the distance between the surface that mates to the wheel hub and the centre line of the wheel.
Negative offset pushes the wheel outwards of the car body. Higher the value, more the wheels protrude out.

2. Wheel spacers:
One of the purposes of wheel spacers is to push out the wheels.
And one of the reasons to push out the wheels is that it looks good

The Safari's wheels may have come out because of any one reasons mentioned above or both.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:30   #5122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep_vgl View Post
Those are the best set of alloys I have seen on a Storme!
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 13:21   #5123
BHPian

Hello fellow Petrolheads!

This is my first post over here. Just got my membership approved in the morning.
Have a lot to share, lot more to learn.

Following are the pics of my 2004 Range Rover Vogue.

We upgraded the wheels a couple of months back, the tyres were not due, they have a lot of tread remaining too. But we wanted new alloys, so we went for these.

2015 Genuine Range Rover Vogue L405 Style 2 With Pirelli Tyres 20"

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_115130.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_115801.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_121902.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_121922.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_145544.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_172042.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150819_235600.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-img_20150821_094730.jpg

P.S. :- Attaching a picture of how the old wheels looked on the Rover as well, though thats not my pic.

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-_20.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th September 2015 at 13:34.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 14:41   #5124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Hello fellow Petrolheads!

This is my first post over here. Just got my membership approved in the morning.
Have a lot to share, lot more to learn.
The new alloys have completely transformed how the car looks like! Bravo, man! With a decent dent to the pocket, you have managed to make your car of a decent vintage look so dang contemporary. Brilliant!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Removed attachments from quoted post
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 14:56   #5125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
The new alloys have completely transformed how the car looks like! Bravo, man! With a decent dent to the pocket, you have managed to make your car of a decent vintage look so dang contemporary. Brilliant!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Thanks Shivang for your kind words.
Let me share a secret with you

These wheels with the 20inch Pirellis cost more than Rs. 3.5 lacs here in India.
What I did is I won these wheels in a bid on eBay UK, and got them shipped here.
With the cost of the wheels, courier charges (which was quite an amount since the wheels are really big and heavy) and customs/octroi, it set us back by about Rs. 1.5 lacs all inclusive.

So if one sees, the deal turned out to be pretty sweet. I would have spent anywhere from 60,000-80,0000 only for the tyres.

Yes mate, the wheels transformed the look of the car completely.

There are a lot of other things I've got done to the Rover (cosmetically and performance wise). More on that later, I may do a full write up on it too, and yes, in the appropriate thread.

-Luv

The wheels also came fitted with the TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring Sensor) Valves.
Not of much use (since I didn't get the kit fitted in my Rover to view the readings) but the caps are really good looking, painted in Matte Silver.
(Hopefully nobody flicks it off )

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th September 2015 at 15:14. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 18:46   #5126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Jaiswal View Post
Thanks Shivang for your kind words.
Let me share a secret with you
Ok so 1.5Lacks is by no means cheap, my friend . But compared to what this setup would have costed here, I'd say it is a steal!!!

To think of it, the alloy and tire upgrade has easily stripped 10 years off the car. For a non-Rover nut like me, the car will easily pass off as new and I mean every word of it so, great work with having maintained her so well.

As for the TPMS caps, probably save them for an upgrade to this beast? Eagerly awaiting details of the other mods that youve carried out on this Rover

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2015 at 09:43. Reason: Removed bulk of quoted post
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 09:34   #5127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Ok so 1.5Lacks is by no means cheap, my friend . But compared to what this setup would have costed here, I'd say it is a steal!!!
Yes it isn't less I agree

You're correct about that, when compared with the Rover, it is actually a steal.

Will surely do a full write up tomorrow. It was a pretty good 'roller coaster ride' to get everything sourced and fitted. But at the end it was all worth it.

Teaser:- it has performance air intakes and a piggyback chip too

Last edited by ampere : 26th September 2015 at 09:42. Reason: Removed Quoted post.
Luv_Jaiswal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 22:32   #5128

Upgraded from steel rims to these Neo Spinn alloys.
Tried quite a few including Plati Royal.
Budget was 30k however, these looked the best out of the lot available with the dealer.
Let me know what you guys think about my "Sedan Killer".

Brand - Neo.
Size - 16'
Price - 24k for 4 wheels
Current Tyres - Apollo Hawk
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-screenshot_20150927222159.jpg  

adizone is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 00:37   #5129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adizone View Post
Upgraded from steel rims to these Neo Spinn alloys.
Tried quite a few including Plati Royal.
Budget was 30k however, these looked the best out of the lot available with the dealer.
Let me know what you guys think about my "Sedan Killer".

Brand - Neo.
Size - 16'
Price - 24k for 4 wheels
Current Tyres - Apollo Hawk
The design is looking great on the Duster. Nice that you changed those crappy steel rims with alloys - A black Duster looks so timid, small and downmarket with those silver steel rims. You could have got another wheel (5th alloy) to be used as spare since you had ample budget. I have seen frustrated owners change an entire set if one alloy from their existing set of 4 gets damaged.

I would have liked a full black look (for the car) and would suggest you to remove the chrome door handles and keep them black. Try photoshopping the door handle part and see how it looks.
Old 30th September 2015, 21:50   #5130
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone bought MOMO Winpro alloys? I plan to buy 15" of this in black finish for my Rapid. I was told by a well known dealer in Bangalore that MOMOs aren't good and that I should look at OZ or Sparco. Obviously these are closer to 45--50k whereas the MOMOs come for around 30k. Yes it's a given that the OZ brand of alloys may be of superior quality considering the cost, but my question is do I need to stay away from MOMOs? My other option is to look at skoda OEM alloys which are another 5-6k more expensive, the only grouse is that I spend more and yet I get chrome finish ones whereas the MOMOs are black.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks