Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2019, 13:51   #5476
BHPian

Re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Finally, the black mamba has arrived and headed straight for alloy and tyre upgrade

These are vossen replicas, with 255/55/18 accellera tyres
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-506f8fe8d7df46c49e8da058f1d25adb.jpg  

mr_hardcore is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th January 2019, 20:54   #5477
BHPian

I got my nano tyres changed to 155/65/r12 from 135/70/R12 (front), and original Tata Alloys 12".

At CTC world Mysore. Costed Rs 16000 for alloys.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-122.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1234.jpg  

Ananth_shukti is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 17:50   #5478
Senior - BHPian

Wanted to submit my humble WagonR which has been with us for 15 years now completed close to 2 Lakh kms. Running on slightly chunky Bridgestone Potenzas and the old Pre facelift Baleno's 13 inch alloys
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imag0334.jpg  

IshaanIan is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 18:26   #5479
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
I got my nano tyres changed to 155/65/r12 from 135/70/R12 (front), and original Tata Alloys 12".
What is the make of these alloys? The design looks very similar to the Aura Wheels of the last decade. Aura was the OEM supplier to many manufacturers like MSIL, Tata etc. After Aura wheels was shut down, they moved to different firms like Enkei etc.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2019, 20:48   #5480
BHPian

My friend's creta got these NEO wheels installed...

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-creata.jpg
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-neo.jpg
TorqueTwist is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2019, 22:22   #5481
BHPian

A quick question to users of alloys. On reading the benefits of alloy wheels i read it can increase mileage, are much lighter, improve braking and also are better at sealing with tires than steel ones so less air leakage as well. Is there any quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys ? Also are alloys actually lighter than steel wheels and if yes by how much if anyone tried measuring assuming size was same.

On two of my steel rims i am facing issues with leakage from sidewall although there is no visible bent in the steel wheels. I was wondering do alloys generally seal better than steel wheels with the tires?
Old 4th February 2019, 01:23   #5482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
A quick question to users of alloys. On reading the benefits of alloy wheels i read it can increase mileage, are much lighter, improve braking and also are better at sealing with tires than steel ones so less air leakage as well. Is there any quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys ? Also are alloys actually lighter than steel wheels and if yes by how much if anyone tried measuring assuming size was same.

On two of my steel rims i am facing issues with leakage from sidewall although there is no visible bent in the steel wheels. I was wondering do alloys generally seal better than steel wheels with the tires?
Let me try to address your queries one by one:
  • Is there any quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys? Ans: There is not much quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys. People at times feel that there is an increase, but that is just a perception or could be too marginal to be considered
  • Also are alloys actually lighter than steel wheels and if yes by how much if anyone tried measuring assuming size was same Ans: Yes, alloys are indeed lighter that the same sized steel rims, cannot quantify though by how much. You can try it doing yourself for academic interest
  • I was wondering do alloys generally seal better than steel wheels with the tires? Ans: Yes, and this is the biggest advantage of an alloy over a steel rim. If the steel rim is bent or has minor dents, the air can leak from there. Also steel as you know is prone to rusting and can develop pinholes over a period of time, which can be another source of leaking air. Alloys obviously don't rust like steel, so no question of pinholes. Moreover they don't bend under impact like steel. Having said that they can get cracked or shattered under very severe impacts.
Hope the above helps.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 11:56   #5483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Let me try to address your queries one by one:
  • Is there any quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys? Ans: There is not much quantifiable increase in mileage with alloys. People at times feel that there is an increase, but that is just a perception or could be too marginal to be considered
  • Also are alloys actually lighter than steel wheels and if yes by how much if anyone tried measuring assuming size was same Ans: Yes, alloys are indeed lighter that the same sized steel rims, cannot quantify though by how much. You can try it doing yourself for academic interest
  • I was wondering do alloys generally seal better than steel wheels with the tires? Ans: Yes, and this is the biggest advantage of an alloy over a steel rim. If the steel rim is bent or has minor dents, the air can leak from there. Also steel as you know is prone to rusting and can develop pinholes over a period of time, which can be another source of leaking air. Alloys obviously don't rust like steel, so no question of pinholes. Moreover they don't bend under impact like steel. Having said that they can get cracked or shattered under very severe impacts.
Hope the above helps.
Thank you for being very helpful. Hope i find the company alloys in the top variant somewhere cheap because i like the design and they should be quite durable. I assume there are many owners who swap them right from start.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 09:17   #5484
BHPian

Up-sized to 15" Alloys for 2004 Baleno Vxi with set of Bridgestone Turanza 185/60R15 84H

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20181216_134004.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20181216_134111.jpg

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20181216_124626.jpg
shelby GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 15:52   #5485
BHPian

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1549361856.029542.jpgThe official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1549361883.114129.jpgThe official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1549361993.563567.jpg

Skoda Octavia Vrs

Alloys : BBS CH-R Satin Titanium

Tyres : 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Last edited by vicky5669 : 5th February 2019 at 15:57.
vicky5669 is offline   (35) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 17:42   #5486
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky5669 View Post
Skoda Octavia Vrs

Alloys : BBS CH-R Satin Titanium

Tyres : 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4
Those are absolutely stunning. Looks like your car is lowered too. Looks absolutely drool worthy. We want more pics!
Old 5th February 2019, 18:13   #5487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Congrats

Call it a coincidence - I upgraded the 5 spoke Machine Black alloys with stock Apollo Alnac's in 195/55R16 to Momo Revenge Concave in Matt Black with Conti MC5 205/55R16 last week.

Here's a sneak peek!
So, got few better snaps this time!
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-front-view.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-rear-view.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 21:49   #5488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Inforged 8h 100+108
Tyres: Yokohama195/55 R15
Looks great!
Looking for a good set for my Fiesta, Wheels with 108 PCD are very difficult to come by in India. The designs I had liked where not available in 108, I am not ready to use spacers.
motorpsycho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2019, 22:09   #5489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorpsycho View Post
Looks great!
Looking for a good set for my Fiesta, Wheels with 108 PCD are very difficult to come by in India. The designs I had liked where not available in 108, I am not ready to use spacers.
True.. Not many designs available.. Searched quite a bit before I went in for these ones..
Starscream1188 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 09:03   #5490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky5669 View Post
Skoda Octavia Vrs Alloys : BBS CH-R Satin Titanium Tyres : 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4
I rarely go gaa-gaa over aftermarket alloys but this time yeah I have to admit the wheels make the car look HOT. Suits your white vRS to the 'T'. Congrats!
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed