Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 16:45   #5836
BHPian

Re: The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevving View Post
Congratulations! I see you went to Hercules. Coincidentally, I had the same Momo Revenge wrapped in Michelin P3ST in 17", on my Laura TSI that I'd mentioned in my previous post. I personally like this design and think black Revenge wheels look great on white cars.
Yours looks fantastic! Agree about black wheels on white cars

The people at Hercules were very helpful. The owner was excited and took plenty of pictures because mine was the first Altroz they'd fitted alloy wheels. Good experience at the store!
SavoyWalrus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2023, 10:57   #5837

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRevving View Post
Try the below link:

https://www.alloywheelsindia.com

Their shop is located in Malleshwaram and they can source and fit the wheels that you see online at their store here: https://goo.gl/maps/277XuYDQHzjzUQFL9.

I bought the wheels for Laura many years ago from here and they're pretty good.
Request Moderator to move the post to "Tyre Shop : Hercules Tyres (Sheshadripuram, Bangalore)" thread, as I couldn't post it there owing to me a being a newbie.

I have been a resident in this area for almost a decade and have seen many cars being worked upon here, be it German cars or Indian cars and it's a authorised dealer/distributor store for Momo Rims and it's also listed as authorised Sai Mag Wheels distributor; Thus chose Hercules Tyres for my Tyre replacement and Tyre upgrade.

I had been here to get a set of Alloys and Tyres for the humble Toyota Etios on 23 Jan 2023, initial interactions with the owner or staff on WhatsApp/Call were indeed good.

They said fitment and alignment is free, but any prudent customer would know that it's all part of combined pricing. No problem with it as it's a normal business practice everywhere.

The real catch is the way in which they goofed up on pricing of alloys and the communication thereafter which is not confident inspiring.

Here is the overview of how things got unfolded.

1. No complaints on Tyre chosen, it was Yokohama Earth, manufactured from the fresh batch. They got the warranty registered with Yokohama as well. Good job here.

2. Comparison of different alloy design went smooth, finally decided on HRS branded alloy, which read HRS Jupiter 15 6.5JJ. They held adjacent to the old rim to have a look test. Smooth until here.

3. Things started going good to bad with this. They got the box of HRS alloy, which said MRP of 6,600 Per PC on it whereas the price charged was 7,700 per PC.

On questioning the price difference, their response was that the MRP is revised and they haven't affixed a new sticker, and they are actually giving it out this on an discounted price, as part of clearance sale. Had a discussion in length and breadth on price revision and as all the old wheels were removed for installation, accepted and moved on, as I was already losing time on a sunday afternoon.

4. They had two rims in a single box and one rim was installed from the rims kept for display. Then an elusive search for another rim began and it almost took an hour and more to find the 4th rim stocked in their storeroom. Awful customer experience here.

5. The other big let down is charging 2% of Transaction value, as credit card (CC) fee and showing it as wheel balancing charges in the invoice

Note to the prospective customers:
This is a bad and dishonest business practice followed by the businesses, RBI prohibits such charge and the bank can terminate the POS machine arrangement and can black list such businesses.

They get away with this, by showing it as non GST billing, which is also not permissible. That's their way of doing it.

6. Then came the final part, they said that alloys come with a lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects, colour degradation etc but they haven't given it out neither through invoice nor through any warranty card, requested them to put it in mail for which they denied.

I'm yet to collect the Allen Key for the bolt pattern of the alloy wheel installed and to realise the salvage value of my old tyres and steel rims.

I believe the alloy design H-495 chosen by me was a very old design from HRS and I could not find it in their catalogue, though good looking but felt deceived with the pricing.

Anyways, I'm sharing this out so that the Genuine and Well informed buyers tread caution here wrt pricing.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-pxl_20230122_113045446.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-screenshot_20230124104234_adobe-acrobat.png  

M_Power11 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 15:00   #5838

Rota 16"
215 70 16 yokohama

I would like to paint the lip black, what do you think guys? need your inputs
should i paint it black or not

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-innova.jpg
Old 25th January 2023, 17:07   #5839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soullinker20 View Post
Rota 16"
215 70 16 yokohama

I would like to paint the lip black, what do you think guys? need your inputs
should i paint it black or not

Attachment 2410159
Do not paint the lips. That is my opinion. The wheels looks really good. While keeping the chromed lips clean and shining would be a pain but they look really good and painting over them would take the charm away. Matching the paint finish would be a challenge in itself.
88_TANK_88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 18:43   #5840
BHPian

New set of Tyres and Alloys in Innova 2014

Tyres CEAT Securadrive 215/65/16
Alloys Neo Sportz 16 inch

Overall decent and look nice.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-d3997f2df1b141edb1f55aaf71b06442.jpeg  

amsidhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 14:59   #5841
BHPian

Car : 1.5 L CRETA Diesel
Rim: Rays wheels Japan 18 Inch
Tyre: Continental Conti sport Contact 255/45/R18
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-2.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-1.jpg  

Vulken Auto is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th February 2023, 17:44   #5842
BHPian

Hey. I'm looking forward to upgrade the alloys of my <100 km run Slavia Ambition to the ones on a Slavia Style in Delhi NCR or Indore MP.

Willing to EXCHANGE my stock alloys and pay the remaining amount.

Any leads ?
Old 6th February 2023, 18:27   #5843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.aviansh View Post
Hey. I'm looking forward to upgrade the alloys of my <100 km run Slavia Ambition to the ones on a Slavia Style in Delhi NCR or Indore MP.

Willing to EXCHANGE my stock alloys and pay the remaining amount.

Any leads ?
Talk to your alloy dealer. I know a dealer in Delhi and can give you the contact if you'd like. Most alloy dealers can source stock wheels of almost all cars and variants, even better, if they have some ready after someone swapped them for custom alloys.

If that doesn't work, you may have to buy Style wheels from Skoda and sell your alloys to a vendor. If you look around and are patient enough, you will be able to get the first option which is more economical.
Old 10th February 2023, 10:04   #5844
BHPian

Hello,

I have Kia carens 1.5 NA model with 15" wheel, now the OEM steel rims are 15" inch 6j et 43, i have got it replace with Neo alloys of 15" inch 6.5j et 20, now because of this the rims have a positive scrub radius and it's protruding out of the wheel arch a bit maybe 25-26 mm.

Though it's looking very nice, i am worried will it hamper the suspension or any other part of the vehicle. The tyres are same OEM 195/65 r15.

Cheers....
Old 23rd February 2023, 12:32   #5845
BHPian

Hey, I’ve finally changed my stock 16” to 17” wheels for my Octavia TDI DSG.

•17” Lenso Jager Java Satin Black Wheels wrapped in 225/45/R17 Michelin PS4.
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-8d24e0c73db24e289d7483a3d8fd9ce3.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-2d7bf7ab341845729f94cc3ef877c0bc.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-087e6e7abc7540b49501e55e7a47a33b.jpeg  

dieselhead01 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 15:51   #5846
BHPian

My contribution to this thread. What do you think guys?
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20230225_152727.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20230225_152652.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20230225_152421.jpg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-20230225_152356.jpg  

Joker is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 08:02   #5847
BHPian

Make: Tata Tiago
Tyre Size: 205/45/R16
Upgraded from: 185/55/R14
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-40087e1a10d4428bbd0b4e3e56f0e73f.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-282a5331f8ad4f9b96904802dd96f32f.jpeg  

Last edited by ank_bhp : 29th March 2023 at 08:31.
ank_bhp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th April 2023, 16:37   #5848
BHPian

Gave my City a 5 year makeover. New set of wheels.
GTR Pro 15 inches
Yoko Earth1 195/60/15
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-be912385d31f4a229e79e99d33e1b1cb.jpeg  

fast_elegance is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th April 2023, 02:33   #5849

A midlife update for my I20

Hello Fellow Petrolheads,

Bringing in a small update with my I20.

Having been my daily for the last 7 years now, it was time for a bit of a change.. I decided that I'd finally get the rims that I've wanted for the car forever and the previous set of MTW forged weren't a great fit in terms of how she drove, they still looked pretty cool though.

The plan was always to get a good set of rims on it ever since I got it back in 2015 but something or the other came up and considering I recently sold the beloved VTEC, I was itching to get the rims I had saved a screenshot of years ago. Will try digging that one out.

So after reaching out to a few stores around the city, I figured screw it, let's just go with the best in the business, and went to Madhus. They're the OGs in the scene for a reason, I mean you should experience it. A mean cuppa while you get your rims installed? That's proper!

The car now runs a set of Lenso Jager Dynas in 16' wrapped in Yoko 205/55/16.

Lenso calls the color a Hyper Dark and I picked them because I like the grey on grey tbh I almost got the silver ones because they accentuate the design so well but stuck to these and boy am I glad.

Will leave a bunch of images for you gents to decide how they look. Didn't want 17s as the OEM was always 16s for the I20 and she just drives perfectly with these I really do not want to get into lowering the car and would rather have the springs in stock setup and look at probably changing the breathing of the car next

Goes without saying, she drives like a dream now, and well, looks like how she did in mine
Attached Thumbnails
The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-whatsapp-image-20230418-2.29.25-am.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-image00012.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-image00016.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-image00038.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-image00057.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-whatsapp-image-20230418-2.21.08-am.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-whatsapp-image-20230418-2.21.09-am-1.jpeg  

The official alloy wheel show-off thread. Lets see your rims!-whatsapp-image-20230418-2.21.09-am.jpeg  

ManualTribe is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 17:21   #5850

Hey guys, I am here because I'm in need of help. I have spent a year pondering upon which wheels I should be going for with respect to my i20 N Line (Thunder Blue). I request my fellow BHPians' help.

As my car is completely stock, I was looking for some 16" rims that would not be too flashy or eye-catching, yet have a fairly sporty look. I urge you guys to provide me with your suggestions. It would be such a pleasure to add something to my car, post it being suggested by fellow enthusiasts.

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed