Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2012, 19:31   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Assuming when you changed from Michelin PP2 to AD-07 the tyre size was the same the mileage boost is amazing especially since the AD-07 are stickier.

If the size of AD-07 was smaller then it's a simple case of speedo error. one size less and you would easily get 2kmpl more mileage.
Edit : Correction! PP2 was 205/60 15, AD07 is 205/55 15 - which means a 3.3% difference. However the mileage change was way more than 3.3%.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 24th May 2012 at 19:34.
Old 24th May 2012, 19:59   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

If the size of AD-07 was smaller then it's a simple case of speedo error. one size less and you would easily get 2kmpl more mileage.
Not necessarily. If you are talking OD, typical error would be < 5%. 5% FE change on a car with 10kmpl -> 0.5kmpl.

If you're talking of tyre width, Changing from 175 to 195 didn't impact FE for my Lancer (atleast < 0.5 kmpl in city/ On highway, maybe 1kmpl but can't be sure). The wheels are also 13" to 15", so unladen weight got higher.

Last edited by lancer_rit : 24th May 2012 at 20:00.
lancer_rit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 20:37   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I've never used primacy LC so I can't comment. However I've used Michelin PP2 earlier on my cedia. If that experience is to go by, I'd say the michelins will have a better ride, will be more silent but won't have the grip that the ZLO's have.

Michelins have even softer sidewalls than ZLO.
When I checked at the shop, I found both ZLO and PLC very soft on side walls for the liking of my cedia. If you are commute is on bad roads then you have to be careful with these tyres. Bangalore roads are notoriously bad and hence I did not opt for either of them and I am still searching.
Old 25th May 2012, 12:46   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
When I checked at the shop, I found both ZLO and PLC very soft on side walls for the liking of my cedia. If you are commute is on bad roads then you have to be careful with these tyres. Bangalore roads are notoriously bad and hence I did not opt for either of them and I am still searching.
Seeing that you have a Cedia, I will recommend the ZLOs. Slightly harder than the PLCs and fantastic grip. It will do justice to your car! :P
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2012, 13:31   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Seeing that you have a Cedia, I will recommend the ZLOs. Slightly harder than the PLCs and fantastic grip. It will do justice to your car! :P
Quick question, What drop in mileage could a person who moves from a regular tyre to the Zlo expect? A ballpark figure would help.
Also for a guy who moves from AAD07's to Zlo's- Both tyres will be the same size. (195/60-14)
Old 25th May 2012, 15:06   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
Quick question, What drop in mileage could a person who moves from a regular tyre to the Zlo expect? A ballpark figure would help.
Also for a guy who moves from AAD07's to Zlo's- Both tyres will be the same size. (195/60-14)
Very difficult to say. I moved from 175/65-14 Bridgestone S322 to 195/60-14 AD07s on the NHC Vtec and mileage increased.

ROC's mileage increased as well.

But other people have had varying results which are in direct conflict with mine.

The change in mileage due to change in rubber compound will be very very marginal. Traffic, no of weekday trips, air pressure, etc are factors that will have more weightage.

At the most, I can "guess" that if you upsize from 175 section tyres to 195/60-14 ZLOs, your mileage may drop by 1kmpl. But it's just a guess.... Too many other factors to consider.
Old 25th May 2012, 22:45   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Very difficult to say. I moved from 175/65-14 Bridgestone S322 to 195/60-14 AD07s on the NHC Vtec and mileage increased.

ROC's mileage increased as well.

But other people have had varying results which are in direct conflict with mine.

The change in mileage due to change in rubber compound will be very very marginal. Traffic, no of weekday trips, air pressure, etc are factors that will have more weightage.

At the most, I can "guess" that if you upsize from 175 section tyres to 195/60-14 ZLOs, your mileage may drop by 1kmpl. But it's just a guess.... Too many other factors to consider.
Keeping the tire size same, will shifting from the stock Bridgestones to the asymmetric ZLOs have a significant negative impact on the mileage?This is even more important considering we in Karnataka pay the highest for petrol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I guess i will give you company in this search!! Though i am bit inclined towards the ZLO if mileage wont be affected.post monsoons the roads here become very bad!
Old 26th May 2012, 09:11   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak View Post
Keeping the tire size same, will shifting from the stock Bridgestones to the asymmetric ZLOs have a significant negative impact on the mileage?This is even more important considering we in Karnataka pay the highest for petrol!!
Very marginal. It wont make much of a difference.
Old 28th May 2012, 16:58   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Very marginal. It wont make much of a difference.
Nikhil2008, any idea about the price for MRF ZLO's 205/60R15?. We are thinking of changing from 185/65R15 to 205/60R15 once we take delivery of our Ertiga. What would (a guess, but still) be the impact on FE?
Old 31st May 2012, 12:09   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

It isnt available. Maybe in a few months but highly unlikely in that size.
Old 4th June 2012, 17:35   #176
BHPian

switched to mrf zlo's on my swift. 195/60/15, 4 tyres total cost inclusive of balancing alignment weights etc - 18k.

was on 195/60/15 avs es100's earlier which were end of life. the car rolls better, just done 50kms since the tyre change. will report in detail once i run them in.

decent for the price, these tyres grip is high, noise is low!
Old 10th July 2012, 15:27   #177

Hi Nikhilb2008
I Have a Mahindra Renault Logan 1.6 GLS petrol with 14" alloy wheels which I purchased second hand from a dealer in Bangalore.

The car has done about 50,100kms and currently runs on Yokohama ES100 195/60 R14 tyres. The front tyres are in fairly good condition and as per my estimation can run for another 2000+ kms. But the back tyres have worn out completely. The car tends to wobble a bit in low speeds and when I checked with the mechanic he said that the back tyres are cause of this issue and need to be replaced.
After going through your thread on the MRF ZLO tyres I am seriously considering buying one of those for my car…I also have a soft corner for Apollo tyres as I had them in my previous car (Maruthi 800) and was happy with the driving comfort and grip.

I now need to decide between MRF ZLO and Apollo Acelere I am confusedwith the options available and I am planning to get my tyres changed this weekend so need all the help required in selecting the right one for my car

Any pointers on good tyre shops which offer price for tyres and discounts for TeamBHPian’s would be appreciated
Old 10th July 2012, 16:06   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
switched to mrf zlo's on my swift. 195/60/15, 4 tyres total cost inclusive of balancing alignment weights etc - 18k.

was on 195/60/15 avs es100's earlier which were end of life. the car rolls better, just done 50kms since the tyre change. will report in detail once i run them in.

decent for the price, these tyres grip is high, noise is low!
Hello, Babhishek- My father also owns a Swift VDi running on Yoko ES100's in the same size as yours. Could you please tell me how long did your previous set survive? Also, where did you buy these tyres from? IndoRadial? Was the price of 18K set after deducting the buy back price of your old tyres? I will also be looking forward to regular updates from your side about the tyres as we also intend to change to MRF ZLOs.
Old 10th July 2012, 16:31   #179
Senior - BHPian

I replaced my swift 14" stock tyres with ZLO recently. I have noticed a drop in mileage from 13.5 to 12kmpl. This seems to be a small price to pay for the increase in comfort and control and drastic reduction in the noise the stock use to make.

The drop in mileage can also be due to 30 psi I am maintaining instead of 32 that I use to maintain in the stocks.
Old 12th July 2012, 08:51   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazyguy View Post
@Nikil... Need some good advice on tyres here...

I Have a Mahindra Renault Logan 1.6 GLS petrol with 14" alloy wheels which I purchased second hand from a dealer in Bangalore.

The car has done about 50,100kms and currently runs on Yokohama ES100 195/60 R14 tyres. The front tyres are in fairly good condition and as per my estimation can run for another 2000+ kms. But the back tyres have worn out completely. The car tends to wobble a bit in low speeds and when I checked with the mechanic he said that the back tyres are cause of this issue and need to be replaced.

I would like explore other options and manufactures before taking a call. I would like to know what are the various options and the tyre suggested should not effect the performance and mileage..this interesting discussion on the MRF ZLO tyres have got me seriously thinking about buying these for my car. But I also have a soft corner for Apollo tyres as I had them on my previous car (Maruthi 800) and was very happy with the drive comfort and grip.

Now I need to take call between MRF ZLO and Apollo Acelere...I am confused with so options available and I am planning to get my tyres changed this weekend so need all the help required in selecting the right one for my car

Finally pointers on a good shop in Bangalore from where I can pickup a new set would be of great help...I read somwhere in this thread that one teamBHPian got a 30% discount on his new set of tyres because he was part of the team-bhp community
Aceleres and ZLOs both are fantastic tyres. The ZLO though is a much more complete tyre. Amazing grip, good ride quality and reasonably silent.

You can look at the TBHP directory and choose a tyre shop. Pricing will be more or less equal across all the tyre showrooms. Pricing may vary at most by 100-150 for the MRF and maybe upto 200 for the Aceleres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks