Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2012, 16:05   #196

Mod team note: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
Hi Carcrazyguy -

Logan comes with 185/70/14 and you have installed 195/60/14 -->
Has the ride quality decreased or improved? Any tyre scrapping the body?
Hi Anand, I have alloy wheels of the 195/60 R14 configuration therefore I had to go with the above configuraitons

The ride quality has improved dramatically considering the fact that I was running on Yokohama ES100 previously which had practically worn out when I bought the car from the second hand dealer. Therefore I cannot give a fare assessemnt of the ZLO vis a vis ES100!!

In regard to tyre scrapping the body. I did have that problem with the Yokohama's, especially when I was taking tight turns but I have not faced any issues with the MRF ZLO so far.

what I can definately say is that the Yokahama ES 100 tyres were a little broader than the MRF ZLOs. I guess that was causing the tyres to scrap the body, hope this helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
Why would the tyre scrape the body?. The overall radius of the wheel + tyre should be around 12mm lesser with the new tyres.

Well I am not sure why the tyre used to scrape the body about that but I did have issues with Yokahama ES100

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th August 2012 at 16:17. Reason: Back to back posts, please use Multi Quote (Quote +) instead. Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 23:42   #197
BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Today I upgraded to 185/70 R14 MRF ZLO tyres and 14inch alloys on my Punto. I had expected dramatic improvements over my crappy 165/80 R14 tornados but not to be. Didn't notice any marked improvements in ride quality or grip levels. Yes, the road noise came down a bit, but that's about it. Perhaps 500 kms down the line, the tyres would show their true qualities.
Old 12th August 2012, 00:11   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by riturajsharma19 View Post
Today I upgraded to 185/70 R14 MRF ZLO tyres and 14inch alloys on my Punto. I had expected dramatic improvements over my crappy 165/80 R14 tornados but not to be. Didn't notice any marked improvements in ride quality or grip levels. Yes, the road noise came down a bit, but that's about it. Perhaps 500 kms down the line, the tyres would show their true qualities.
Give it 50 to 100kms for the mould release compound to wear off. You'll then feel the dramatic improvements that you paid for.
Old 4th September 2012, 12:57   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Give it 50 to 100kms. You'll then feel the dramatic improvements that you paid for.
I have driven close to 500 kms on my new ZLOs and my experience remains the same - not a lot of grip over the earlier stock JK Tornados, no great ride quality as well even after upgrading to alloys and ZLOs. The only difference that I have found is reduced noise levels at low speeds. At highway speeds, it is equally noisy.
Old 4th September 2012, 13:16   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have driven close to 500 kms on my new ZLOs and my experience remains the same - not a lot of grip over the earlier stock JK Tornados, no great ride quality as well even after upgrading to alloys and ZLOs. The only difference that I have found is reduced noise levels at low speeds. At highway speeds, it is equally noisy.
I have driven on ZLO for close to 4000 kms now. I felt dramatic improvement over stock JK.

1. Much improved grip on wet roads.
2. Lower NVH levels.
3. Smoother rides - Due to my earlier driving style, I have damaged the bushes at the junction of suspension and the chassis. This used to make a lot of noise over bumps or pot holes. This noise has reduced by 50%.
4. looks better
Old 4th September 2012, 13:18   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I have driven on ZLO for close to 4000 kms now. I felt dramatic improvement over stock JK.
Did you experience the improvements right away or after driving a certain no. of kms?
Old 4th September 2012, 13:43   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you experience the improvements right away or after driving a certain no. of kms?
Right Away.

It may be because I drove 35 kms for tyre replacement, got the new set and drove back.
Old 4th September 2012, 14:25   #203
Senior - BHPian

Probably, your expectations are stratospheric. Have someone who's experienced the zlo test drive your car.
Old 17th September 2012, 09:13   #204
BHPian

Nikhil, could you please let me know if MRF ZLO is available in the 205/55/R15 size. Would it be the right upgrade for either the Honda city or the Volkswagen vento? Also, how well would 195/60/R15 fit on both the cars?
Old 17th September 2012, 11:01   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Nikhil, could you please let me know if MRF ZLO is available in the 205/55/R15 size. Would it be the right upgrade for either the Honda city or the Volkswagen vento? Also, how well would 195/60/R15 fit on both the cars?
I have done exactly that on saturday (15 Sep). I had the stock Apollo tyres taken off and had ZLOs fitted (195/60/R15) on my Vento. So far so good !
Old 17th September 2012, 11:04   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
I have done exactly that on saturday (15 Sep). I had the stock Apollo tyres taken off and had ZLOs fitted (195/60/R15) on my Vento. So far so good !
Did you have to change the alloys? What size are the vento stock alloys? 5.5J? How much is the change in grip levels compared to the stock tyres?

185/60 to 195/60 sounds like a significant difference in side wall height. Would you mind upload an image of your newly fitted tyres?

Last edited by scuderiamania : 17th September 2012 at 11:07.
Old 18th September 2012, 14:39   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Did you have to change the alloys? What size are the vento stock alloys? 5.5J? How much is the change in grip levels compared to the stock tyres?

185/60 to 195/60 sounds like a significant difference in side wall height. Would you mind upload an image of your newly fitted tyres?
No, I haven't changed my alloys. The stock alloys fit well. More gyan can be found at this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-upgrade.html

Below Pics
1. Actual photo shoot after a drive
2. Photo shot during tyre change.
Attached Thumbnails
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-tyre-fitting-photo.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-actual-shot.jpg  

Old 18th September 2012, 17:02   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
No, I haven't changed my alloys. The stock alloys fit well. More gyan can be found at this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...e-upgrade.html

Below Pics
1. Actual photo shoot after a drive
2. Photo shot during tyre change.
What have you done with your headlights?
Old 4th October 2012, 09:42   #209
BHPian

Not sure if this has been covered already and if i missed it:

Did any of the users get a chance to check the grip of the tyres in wet condition in general and while turning right in particular?
There was some concerns earlier on this thread, about the tyres not performing well in wet conditions based on the tread pattern.

Thanks
Old 9th October 2012, 15:34   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by styx71 View Post
Not sure if this has been covered already and if i missed it:

Did any of the users get a chance to check the grip of the tyres in wet condition in general and while turning right in particular?
There was some concerns earlier on this thread, about the tyres not performing well in wet conditions based on the tread pattern.

Thanks
I had driven the ZLOs in pouring rain (it was raining very badly) and the grip levels were good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks