Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2013, 23:24   #241
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, what is your opinion on Bridgestone MY 02 tyres? Sidewall strenght, grip, durability and comfort/noise parameters.

Is it any better than ZLO?
Old 20th January 2013, 00:01   #242
BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Hi Nikhil, what is your opinion on Bridgestone MY 02 tyres? Sidewall strenght, grip, durability and comfort/noise parameters.

+1. I have the exact same question. Contemplating between 195/60 R14 MRF ZLO, and 185/60 R14 Bridgestone MY02 or Michelin XM2 for my Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport.

Priorities are (from most important to least):

1] Precise steering feedback and heavy steering;
2] Handling and high speed performance;
3] Durability;
4] Comfort; and
5] Noise

Nikhil, what would be your opinion with regards to the above? Thanks in advance

Last edited by roms : 20th January 2013 at 00:20.
Old 20th January 2013, 00:43   #243
BHPian

I've been using 195/60 R14 ZLO's on my 8 year old Optra for close to a year now. So far the experience has been awesome.

The ride is excellent, road noise is low, grip is awesome, and they look nice too . Fuel efficiency hasn't taken any dips as far as I have seen. I still get 11 in the city with 100% AC, & around 14 on the highway with 100% AC.

I've taken them up-to 150 kph on highways and expressways, and they've been absolutely rock solid under hard braking & cornering. Running with 29/30 psi gives a sublime ride. Coupled with the Optra's plush suspension setup makes it even better. And, at the time I had got them, it had only cost me 4k per tyre!

Awesome VFM I'd say!
Old 20th January 2013, 00:50   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
I got my tyres 195/60/14 at 4200/tyre
R14 or R15? The other bhpian has bought R15 tyres.
Old 23rd January 2013, 16:33   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

I dont have any personal experience with MY02 but I dont think the grip can be better than ZLO. This just a guess. It will be on par on all other parameters but if you consider cost, then MRF ZLO will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
+1. I have the exact same question. Contemplating between 195/60 R14 MRF ZLO, and 185/60 R14 Bridgestone MY02 or Michelin XM2 for my Fiat Palio 1.6 Sport.

Priorities are (from most important to least):

1] Precise steering feedback and heavy steering;
2] Handling and high speed performance;
3] Durability;
4] Comfort; and
5] Noise

Nikhil, what would be your opinion with regards to the above? Thanks in advance
ZLO no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav9385 View Post
I've been using 195/60 R14 ZLO's on my 8 year old Optra for close to a year now. So far the experience has been awesome.

The ride is excellent, road noise is low, grip is awesome, and they look nice too . Fuel efficiency hasn't taken any dips as far as I have seen. I still get 11 in the city with 100% AC, & around 14 on the highway with 100% AC.

I've taken them up-to 150 kph on highways and expressways, and they've been absolutely rock solid under hard braking & cornering. Running with 29/30 psi gives a sublime ride. Coupled with the Optra's plush suspension setup makes it even better. And, at the time I had got them, it had only cost me 4k per tyre!

Awesome VFM I'd say!
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
R14 or R15? The other bhpian has bought R15 tyres.
194/60-14 at 4200 is ok. 195/60-15 is closer to 5k now.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2013, 18:20   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

194/60-14 at 4200 is ok. 195/60-15 is closer to 5k now.
I got R15 at Rs 4800 from Mrf exclusive at Bangalore last week
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:23   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
ZLO no doubt.
Nikhil,

Your keen recommendation of ZLO to anyone who's looking for a tire that's got a good mix of use for grip/handling/road noise has got me sold already. I was going through a mind war between the C-drive and the ZLO. Not because I have any experience with the C Drive but simply because I had built this "fad" notion that PH-OREIGN is better than desi.

If the ZLO's got the juice, the ZLO it is. Undoubtedly. Especially when it comes from you!

Thanks much
Old 23rd January 2013, 20:50   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post
use for grip/handling/road noise has got me sold already.
Sirji
Please keep in mind ZLO are definitely not silent tyres, they make a good amount of road noise specially when you are driving on highways.
Cheers
Old 24th January 2013, 14:57   #249
BHPian

Just changed over from Turanza ER 60 to ZLOs in my Indigo. Using the 195/60/R14s. Paid 4250 a piece at Madhus Mysore.

Observations so far:
1. Tyre noise more than Turanzas, but then, what else did I expect?
2. Very nice grip levels in dry and wet (limited experience) conditions.
3. No change in FE.

Happy overall.
neel385 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2013, 23:37   #250
Senior - BHPian

@mods, pls delete this post

Last edited by Buffetfan : 28th January 2013 at 23:43.
Old 28th January 2013, 23:41   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Sirji
Please keep in mind ZLO are definitely not silent tyres, they make a good amount of road noise specially when you are driving on highways.
Cheers
Quote:
Nikhil,

Your keen recommendation of ZLO to anyone who's looking for a tire that's got a good mix of use for grip/handling/road noise has got me sold already. I was going through a mind war between the C-drive and the ZLO. Not because I have any experience with the C Drive but simply because I had built this "fad" notion that PH-OREIGN is better than desi.

If the ZLO's got the juice, the ZLO it is. Undoubtedly. Especially when it comes from you!

Thanks much

Please note that from the reviews, the ZLO seems noisy. I have no personal experiencing on the Zlo but the C.drive is absolutely silent, comfy and very grippy from my experience in two different cars. You can see some more reviews on the link I shared below http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Yokohama/C-Drive.htm

Last edited by Buffetfan : 28th January 2013 at 23:43.
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2013, 08:30   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post

I wanted
----------
Comfort
Handling
Low noise level

Did you get some info on the noise levels ?
Old 12th February 2013, 18:23   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil,

Thanks much
I'd like to second Nikhil's opinion. I had asked Nikhil about which tyre I should go for on my father's honda city in 195/60/R15 size. He had recommended the ZLO over C drive. Add to that the ZLO is cheaper than the yokos. Still my father had great faith in yoko because the swift that we have had for 4.5 yrs now, have been running on ES-100s. So he decided to stick with yoko. To our disappointment, the C-drives have nothing special about them. My father has also noticed a bit of tyre noise during hard braking [tyre screeching that is]. We have come to the conclusion that they are an average set of tyres. We will definitely get the ZLO for the swift when its time to change her tyres.
Old 14th February 2013, 15:16   #254
BHPian

This is my first post in Team-BHP and I am very happy and proud to be part of this wonderful community.

Tyre Upgrade

Model: Maruti Suzuki Swift Vxi 1.3 2009
Tyres: MRF ZLO 195/60/R15
Alloys: Flying Machine 15 Inch GTR Sports Series.

Decision Process

Ever since I bought my car I was contemplating a Tyre change, but I was very sure at my heart that I will do a complete research and analysis before I conclude my buy.

During this I had to shift to Chandigarh on a business assignment and my car clocked close to 8k till I returned back to Delhi.

Visited couple of Tyre shops and the valuation done for the stock tyres were not as good as I had anticipated and the reason given was that I had driven around it for 8k which seemed fair to me.

I then decided to have a planned upgrade at 30000 Kms and went in for the alloys with stock rubber (Good Year GPS2)

Good Year GPS2 was very noisy and offered very little in terms of Dry and Wet Grip and I had to be very alert while negotiating sharp curves and highway straight lines.

During this period I was on an extensive research for my Tyre Upgrade.

With every passing day I was counting how many Kms left for 30k

I had many punctures and the Front Left Tyre developed uneven wear due to the car pulling to the left which was corrected at MASS later on.

The Contenders

1. Michelin Primacy LC
2. MRF ZLO

My Views

Michelin Primacy LC

Superior Comfort levels and super silent
Wet/Dry Grip not as good as ZLO
Softer Side Walls

MRF ZLO

Superb Wet/Dry Grip as compared to the Michelins.

Completely amazed that an Indian Manufacturer has put up a pure quality product with international standards.

Looked slightly wider than PLC's in physical appearance.

Slightly harder Side Walls as compared to the PLC’s better suited for Indian road conditions.

I was expecting it to be noisy but to my surprise they are silent enough until 90 Kmph and slightly noisy after that, but on butter smooth roads they were ok till 120 Kmph

In Comparison to PLC’s they were slightly noisier but offered tremendous Grip in Wet/Dry Conditions.

Delhi received a record rainfall this Feb and ZL0’s were doing duty on my swift that day and I had a wide smile on my face with the level of grip it had to offer.

The Tread Pattern is also very stylish as compared to the PLC’s.

I have completed 500Kms on these till date and the Braking has improved considerably and feels like I am running on new set of brake pads.

The steering felt the same like before and the car is more stable on the road with wider contact patch.

Conclusion

Highly recommended and true value for money.

Michelins not worth the extra premium.

Not sure about the Longevity but the dealer said it will last 50k, I wouldn’t mind if they last 35k with what it has to offer.

I am really happy with this upgrade and curse my decision for not going for Tyre upgrade from Day 1

No Change in FE post upgrade

Cost Factor

Tyres: 4*4500: 18000
Alloys: 4*3375: 13500
Discounts: Old Alloys 4000, Tyres 3*200: 600(One was completely bald), 200*4: 800(Stock Rims/Wheel caps)
Total Spend: 26000 (Rounded Off)

Some Pictures to do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-alloy.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-pic2.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-tread-pattern.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-side-view.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-top-view.jpg  

Old 15th February 2013, 11:27   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhin0816 View Post

The Contenders

1. Michelin Primacy LC
2. MRF ZLO

My Views
Welcome to Team-BHP!

Just wondering whether you drove your car back to back with each make of tyre in similar conditions to arrive at your views? Asking because unlike when buying cars , with tyres you don't get 'test drives' and we have to make decisions based on either on past personal experiences or by referring reviews on magazines and forums like ours.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 15th February 2013 at 11:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks