Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 11:40   #181

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Aceleres and ZLOs both are fantastic tyres. The ZLO though is a much more complete tyre. Amazing grip, good ride quality and reasonably silent.

You can look at the TBHP directory and choose a tyre shop. Pricing will be more or less equal across all the tyre showrooms. Pricing may vary at most by 100-150 for the MRF and maybe upto 200 for the Aceleres.

Thanks Nikhil for your inputs I have decided to go with Z.L.O ...started talking to tyre shops in and around J C road, price varies from 200-300 per tyre . Planning to get a new set early next month.

Probably will be able to give a detail feedback on the tyres as I am planning to drive down to Pondicherry in the second week of August
Old 18th July 2012, 21:02   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aceleres and ZLOs both are fantastic tyres. The ZLO though is a much more complete tyre. Amazing grip, good ride quality and reasonably silent.
Hi Nikhil. I have Apollo Acelere in my Linea MJD. It is the stock tyre and I have done 28k so far. Now, I am seeing that two of my tyres has worn out higher than the other two. Now, I am thinking about 2 options.

1. Get a new acelere and use the unused spare acelere as well and retain one of the better tyre as the spare. I may be good for another 20k or so.

2. Wait for another 5k and change all the four tyres. For this, I am contemplating between C drive and ZLO. Will Zlo be good with the sidewalls?

FYI, I would need 195/60 R15.
Old 18th July 2012, 22:07   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Hi Nikhil. I have Apollo Acelere in my Linea MJD. It is the stock tyre and I have done 28k so far. Now, I am seeing that two of my tyres has worn out higher than the other two. Now, I am thinking about 2 options.

1. Get a new acelere and use the unused spare acelere as well and retain one of the better tyre as the spare. I may be good for another 20k or so.

2. Wait for another 5k and change all the four tyres. For this, I am contemplating between C drive and ZLO. Will Zlo be good with the sidewalls?

FYI, I would need 195/60 R15.
C drive would be very very soft. But it's a good tyre as well. The ZLO would be slightly harder and this will help the ruggedness. However, it is slightly noisier than the C Drives.

My vote though goes for the ZLO. As a user, I am very impressed.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 10:56   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My vote though goes for the ZLO. As a user, I am very impressed.
Thanks Nikhil. But, what do you suggest between option 1 and option 2? I am confused on this front too. Get one new Acelere for now and drive for another 15-20k or is it better to change the whole 4 tyres in another 5k kms?
Old 19th July 2012, 13:42   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest you change all 4 soon so that you get equal grip from all 4 tyres especially in the Monsoon.

If you are having a budget crunch at the moment, then it will make sense to change onkly one tyre for the time being.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2012, 15:13   #186
Senior - BHPian

Hi Nikhil, I am using 14" ZLO on my swift for past 2 months now. I still cant figure out the right pressure for them. Most of the driving is in city (including Gurgaon's bad roads) with 2 on board. please suggest the right pressure for my tyres foa a balance between mileage and comfort.
Old 19th July 2012, 15:51   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Hi Nikhil, I am using 14" ZLO on my swift for past 2 months now. I still cant figure out the right pressure for them. Most of the driving is in city (including Gurgaon's bad roads) with 2 on board. please suggest the right pressure for my tyres foa a balance between mileage and comfort.
Does the recommended tyre pressure depend on tyres or vehicles or both of them?
Old 20th July 2012, 10:36   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Just try anything between 28-34 PSI. Try various combinations until you are comfortable.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 20:51   #189
BHPian

My Swift Ldi had already done 50K with the MRF ZV2K 165/80 R14 stock tires.The car used to vibrate/vobble a bit on high speed so, thought of replacing 4 wheels with MRF ZLO.

just 2-3 days back a friend of mine invited me for the opening ceremony of his new MRF Exclusive dealership in south Goa.

I was the first customer in the list to buy the tyres. I was handed a set of MRF ZLO by MR. Ravi Itigatti (District Manager, MRF Ltd.) and was charged Rs. 3970/- per tyre. I was also offered wheel balancing(5 wheels) + Wheel Alignment + new tyre valve (4 nos) free of cost. I gout 1st week of July 2012 manufactured tyres.

I would say the ride quality, and the car handling has improved a lot with this new set of wheels. I would thank Team-bhp & bhpians for providing the most helpful content. Currently, I have maintained 32psi for all 4 wheels. Is this fine?

Here are some of the pics:
Attached Thumbnails
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_8662.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_2665.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_2668.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_8666.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_8675.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_8679.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-dsc_8680.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by Gurudatta Nayak : 20th July 2012 at 20:53.
Gurudatta Nayak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2012, 22:42   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quick update about the ZLO tyres grip under wet conditions, i must say im impressed.
I was able to drive constantly on the higher side of 100 on a very wet condition.
And to be very frank i was surprised to the see the grip that was available even on wet condition.

Cheers
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:30   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Quick update about the ZLO tyres grip under wet conditions, i must say im impressed.
I was able to drive constantly on the higher side of 100 on a very wet condition.
And to be very frank i was surprised to the see the grip that was available even on wet condition.

Cheers
Good to know that Schoudhury. That was the biggest unknown regarding the ZLO. What is the mileage on your tyres?
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:04   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Good to know that Schoudhury. That was the biggest unknown regarding the ZLO. What is the mileage on your tyres?
Yup, i was also really surprised with the same .
My ZLO have covered around 14k in last 8 months.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 10:18   #193

Thanks for all the valuable inputs from fellow teambhpain's I finally decided to go for MRF ZLO tyres ( 195/60 R14)...did some extensive tele research myself in regard to the pricing and finally decided to get the tyre's from Sri Sai Baba Tyres International, Wilson Garden, Bangalore. The total cost came to around 19500/- including 14% VAT which itself came up to Rs.2000 plus :(. Got round Rs.680/- for my old Yokohama ES100 tyres which had practically worn out.

Wheel balancing was free. Wheel alignment and weights cost me extra. The service was very good and the owner of the showroom Mr.Srinivas was very polite and courteous answering all my queries with data. The tyres were manufactured in wk 25, 2012 and was out of the showroom in a hours time

Took the car for a long drive on outer ring road and was amazed by the improvement in overall handling of the car. Clocked 120 kms/hr on the speedometer and the car stood firm on the road, did some tight cornering also with ease!!

Planning to drive down to Pondicherry next weekend will give a opportunity to check out the tyre's completely...will provide more valuable inputs soon
Attached Thumbnails
MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-photo0021.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-photo0022.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-photo0024.jpg  

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-photo0027.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th October 2012 at 19:15. Reason: Removing font tags.
Old 8th August 2012, 13:55   #194
BHPian

Hi Carcrazyguy -

Logan comes with 185/70/14 and you have installed 195/60/14 -->
Has the ride quality decreased or improved? Any tyre scrapping the body?
Old 8th August 2012, 13:59   #195
BHPian

Why would the tyre scrape the body?. The overall radius of the wheel + tyre should be around 12mm lesser with the new tyres.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks