Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 11:44   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
The AD07 is on a different car . That is on my cedia. ZLO is on my brio. However I'm sure mileage will take a hit. All asymmetric patterns seem to give lower mileage IMHO. When I moved to AD07 from the Michelin PP2 I got a mileage boost of atleast 2km/l
I also thought that the mileage will be compromised by ZLO but did not find any noticeable difference after using them for approx 6000 Kms.
Old 23rd November 2012, 23:29   #227
BHPian

I need to change tyres on my Swift urgently. Have zeroed in on the ZLO or Michelin XM2. Requesting long term users of the ZLO to confirm the sidewall strength of the tyre and whether anyone has faced any issues with tyre bulging. This is particularly important considering those sudden potholes that come up from nowhere on the highway. Also, any new updates on the much discussed asymmetrical, unidirectional tread pattern? Is it going to be a big issue once the tyre has run 20k?
Old 24th November 2012, 05:53   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4
I need to change tyres on my Swift urgently. Have zeroed in on the ZLO or Michelin XM2. Requesting long term users of the ZLO to confirm the sidewall strength of the tyre and whether anyone has faced any issues with tyre bulging. This is particularly important considering those sudden potholes that come up from nowhere on the highway. Also, any new updates on the much discussed asymmetrical, unidirectional tread pattern? Is it going to be a big issue once the tyre has run 20k?
My ZLO are close to 21k Km old now and have been using them since last december, till date no issues what so ever , not even a single puncture ( touchwood) .
Also I think these are indian made tyres so I'm sure when these tyres were manufactured they would have kept the Indian road conditions in mind .
Hope it helps
Old 14th January 2013, 00:41   #229
BHPian

After going through almost all the emails on Tyres/Upsizes/Reviews, after getting confused to hell, finally I have upsized my Palio 1.6 Sports (retro) tyres to 190/60/14 MRF ZLO. Many Thanks to Nikhil for his honest opinion and encouraging/supporting Made in India product.

I have been thinking of changing my tyres since Jan 2012. I was confused between upsize and upgrade (still not clear).
50% supports upasizing and rest doesnt. They feel there is whole lot of thought process behind a tyre size (which is also true) and there is a strong reason if they have decided it, it just cant be because of cost cutting.

I have done ~43K in 5years, If you just look at the tyres (names), one can find my car an advertising machine wearing 3 brands (Michelin, Goodyear, & MRF). I was thinking to change all the tyres as soon as I landed in india in 2011 (Odo : 35K). But it never got into priority list. It has finally made it to the list of 2013.

I was in the dillemma whether to upgrade to 15" alloy and change the tyre/alloys or just upsize it. I have been reading all the upsizing and upgrading threads in my free time. It has become a mini project for me. After 3months of research, finally I have decided to upsize it to 195/60/14 in 2013.

I wanted
----------
Comfort
Handling
Low noise level

Tyres considered
---------------
Yoko CDrives - Unfortunately these are not available in 195/60/14
Yoko AA01 - 5500/Tire
Conti CPC2 - Found them good on some cars, but reviews were not impressive. 5600/Tire
Bridgestone AR10 - 5800/Tire
Michellin XM2 - Pricy 6000/Tire

Almost finalized on Yoko Adrives, then friday I mistakenly clicked this thread. Story ends.
Sunday I am on MRF ZLO 195/60/14 @4200/Tire, changed 4 tires. WB/Alignment is free.
Total cost of upsize is 17200 (16800 Tires + 400 Weights..Cerdit card charges adjusted with old tire ~350)

Initial impressions (20Kms run)
-----------------
Wider smile on my face as:
- Tyres looking good with wider profile.Small rattling noise got disappeared.
- Fantastic grip (will be testing tomorrow with high speed).
- Steering become lighter.

Something also making me worry is:
Pickup/Power - I see some pickup issue. I don't see it pulling as it used to before.

I am planning for a long drive to test these tires. Will see if it widens my smile.

Thanks
CM
Palio 1.6 Sports (retro) Canary Yellow
mchanna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2013, 10:28   #230
BHPian

Nikhil and other esteemed Bhpians,

My tyres are due for an upgrade. Currently, my Punto MJD E+ is running on stock Goodyear GT3's (195/60/R15) with the ODO reading at 48k in 3 years.

My driving is mostly in the city traffic conditions with the occasional highway runs. I am looking for:

1) Durability.
2) Good grip and braking efficiency.
3) Better handling for those highway runs.

So...

1)Would the ZLO's be ok for these requirements?

2)Should I upsize to 205/60/R15 or keep the stock size?

3)My spare Goodyear tyre has not been used even once till date. Is it ok to keep this one and change only the 4 tyres? Or such a old tyre (though looks brand new) should be replaced as well?

4) What buy back can I expect for the old tyres? Also, will I get a better amount on the spare tyre considering it's not even used once till date (if I plan to change it as well)?

P.S - Finalizing the tyre has been one of the most confusing decisions. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by ironshark : 14th January 2013 at 10:29. Reason: added text.
Old 17th January 2013, 17:17   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchanna View Post
Something also making me worry is:
Pickup/Power - I see some pickup issue. I don't see it pulling as it used to before.
Small test: Switch back to OEM tyres and try and drive the way you drove with the 195/60/14 tyres and you will never feel like switching back to these - the power / pickup will floor you

Quote:
I am planning for a long drive to test these tires. Will see if it widens my smile.
Let the tyres rub off for atleast 100kms and then 'test' take care and drive safe.

Quote:
- Steering become lighter.
check air pressure - stick to recommended 29psi - your steering will feel harder than with oem tyres

Last edited by planet_rocker : 17th January 2013 at 17:19.
Old 17th January 2013, 17:51   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
3)My spare Goodyear tyre has not been used even once till date. Is it ok to keep this one and change only the 4 tyres? Or such a old tyre (though looks brand new) should be replaced as well?

4) What buy back can I expect for the old tyres? Also, will I get a better amount on the spare tyre considering it's not even used once till date (if I plan to change it as well)?
On Point#3 - Are you telling us that the tires were never rotated??

On Point#4 - Even though the look of the tire is new, the rubber has aged. and moreover it has NEVER been used as well (as per your description) -- So highly doubtful if you can get a good price for that.

I could be wrong on the "good price" part.
Old 18th January 2013, 11:36   #233
BHPian

Hello guys!

I have switched to MRF ZLO 6000 km back. The grip levels are quite good while cornering dry roads and I am happy with it. No humming sound issues.

Some how, I am not able to find out the right pressure for my taste of comfort! Any one in Mumbai/Pune having experience of driving on ZLOs? I would like to drive another vehicle with ZLO and also get review on my cars behaviour.

What I have observed is when the tire is cold, its noisy on broken roads. But after lets say 30-35 km its much smoother! (Does a tyre get warm and soft so soon?) Still, the grip levels are always good and same irrespective of temp/kms run.
Old 18th January 2013, 14:18   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Small test: Switch back to OEM tyres and try and drive the way you drove with the 195/60/14 tyres and you will never feel like switching back to these - the power / pickup will floor you
Thanks Plant_Rocker, Even though I am missing the pick up and the punch. I am loving the way it takes off, slow and steady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
check air pressure - stick to recommended 29psi - your steering will feel harder than with oem tyres
Let me try this, but this feeling light steering is also not that bad, atleast in city driving.

Thanks
CM
Palio 1.6Sports (Retro) C.Yellow.
Old 18th January 2013, 15:10   #235
BHPian

Ironshark,

After running for 200kms so far I can confirm
Grip is superb on dry road. Braking with confidence.
100 Odd kms on highway, the ride was silky smooth.

Durability is the one thing which is unknown. Dealer said 50K kms, but I doubt.

Thanks
Channa
Old 18th January 2013, 17:03   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
On Point#3 - Are you telling us that the tires were never rotated??
That's correct and I agree I've been a bit negligent on this part.But the stock Goodyear GT3's have served me very very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post
Hello guys!

I have switched to MRF ZLO 6000 km back.
Quote:
After running for 200kms ....
How much were you guys quoted per tyre? A dealer here in Pune is offering me Rs. 4,500/- per tyre.
Old 19th January 2013, 08:54   #237
BHPian

@ironshark

4500 is a great price, can you share (or PM) the dealer details, I am also looking to change the tires on my Linea.

Thanks.
Old 19th January 2013, 09:22   #238
BHPian

Quote:

That's correct and I agree I've been a bit negligent on this part.But the stock Goodyear GT3's have served me very very well.

How much were you guys quoted per tyre? A dealer here in Pune is offering me Rs. 4,500/- per tyre.
I got 195/60 R15 for around 5000 per tyre.. Bigger tyres are normally more expensive.

I believe MRF is only sold at MRF Exclusive stores.
Old 19th January 2013, 22:42   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nikhil and other esteemed Bhpians,

My tyres are due for an upgrade. Currently, my Punto MJD E+ is running on stock Goodyear GT3's (195/60/R15) with the ODO reading at 48k in 3 years.

My driving is mostly in the city traffic conditions with the occasional highway runs. I am looking for:

1) Durability.
2) Good grip and braking efficiency.
3) Better handling for those highway runs.

So...

1)Would the ZLO's be ok for these requirements?

2)Should I upsize to 205/60/R15 or keep the stock size?

P.S - Finalizing the tyre has been one of the most confusing decisions. Any help would be highly appreciated.
The ZLO would be good for you. No doubt about that. You wont get any major buyback for your old tyres. It will vary from dealer to dealer and also on the condition of the tyres.

The spare is very old and not worth risking your life on when you have a flat tyre and need to use it.

Get the ZLO and enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP640 View Post

I believe MRF is only sold at MRF Exclusive stores.
No such thing. MRF has outlets all over. They sell tyres through 3 different levels of dealers.

1. Regular dealers who sell MRF along with other brands.
2. MRF Exlcusive: Sell mainly MRF but some other brands as well.
3. MRF T&S: This is a franchise by MRF where the shops have to conform to certain standards and use only approved equipment (tytre changers, wheel balancers, wheel aligners, etc..). They are allowed to sell only MRF tyres.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2013, 23:04   #240
BHPian

Quote:
I got my tyres 195/60/14 at 4200/tyre

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks