Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2013, 09:24   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: MRF Z.L.O Performance Tyres

Swapped my 205/55/15 AD07 to 195/60/15 ZLO because of serious lack of options in the former size. Only thing available was Yoko S(uicidal)-Drives which I didn't want to touch.

So far it feels good. A tiny bit more body roll but nothing unmanageable. Road grip seems to be pretty much the same. I haven't managed to test lateral grip yet. The biggest difference is in ride quality - while the AD07 felt like sitting on a bed of rocks all the time, this is way more compliant.

More impressions very soon once I do a Blore-Mumbai drive in early may.
reignofchaos is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2013, 10:20   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
I haven't managed to test lateral grip yet.
Fun way of putting it
Old 21st April 2013, 17:36   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swapped my 205/55/15 AD07 to 195/60/15 ZLO because of serious lack of options in the former size. Only thing available was Yoko S(uicidal)-Drives which I didn't want to touch.

So far it feels good. A tiny bit more body roll but nothing unmanageable. Road grip seems to be pretty much the same. I haven't managed to test lateral grip yet. The biggest difference is in ride quality - while the AD07 felt like sitting on a bed of rocks all the time, this is way more compliant.

Knowing how well you put your car through paces, your opinion is like gold dust, especially since the move is from road legal autocross tyres.
A track day should help your judgement,heh?
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:40   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Knowing how well you put your car through paces, your opinion is like gold dust, especially since the move is from road legal autocross tyres.
A track day should help your judgement,heh?
Yep I'd love to head back to MMST sometime soon. Haven't been there for a while.
Old 9th May 2013, 23:26   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Rs. 200 includes Aluminum weights too.
Somehow they want profit so lose from some and earn more from other and end with their planned profit
Did you change the tyres in your car? How is the performance and comfort with the ZLO?
Old 9th May 2013, 23:33   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post

Did you change the tyres in your car? How is the performance and comfort with the ZLO?
Yep, Changed all 4 Tyres last month itself. I haven't taken the car to highway yet. For city riding, I feel very good grip and silence till 100kmph and cushioning has increased significantly and in looks department too.
Planned for a 3000 kms highway trip this weekend. Will post the experience once I come back.
More details in my Thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...eak-linea.html

Last edited by aks_karthik : 9th May 2013 at 23:35.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2013, 14:16   #292
BHPian

Quote:

Hi reignofchaos, have you done your Mumbai trip?i want to know your opinion.i am purchasing my new set of tires in few days. I want to decide between these and the yokohama c drives!
Old 12th May 2013, 22:33   #293
Senior - BHPian

My trip got postponed to June. However between your options get the zoo Easy.
Old 13th May 2013, 11:22   #294
BHPian

Swapped my 195/60 R14 Yoko ES100 to 195/60 R14 MRF ZLO. What a difference it has made! Amazing roadgrip and ride quality.
Old 4th June 2013, 14:38   #295
BHPian

My tyre hunting for my swifty continues so the confusion. Friends, between Yoko A drives and ZLOs, which is better. I got 43k KM out of my present A drives.
Can i expect same mileage out of ZLOs?
I got a deal for Rs3.8k for 185/70/R14 ZLOs and Rs4K deal for A drives. I drive 30% in Kerala panchayat roads, should I go for A drive considering this fact. A drives were noisy after 20K KMs. What about ZLOs? Hope someone will be kind enough to help me out of this confusion.
Old 8th June 2013, 14:58   #296
BHPian

Swapped with 185/70/r14 ZLOs. "1613" make and cost is Rs3.8K per tyre. Rs300.00 for fitting, alignment and front tyres balancing. Instant feedback is that the (+ve)streering has become light and (-ve) body roll has increased. As its raining heavely here, coundn't test tyre noise or grip.

Last edited by ontheroad : 8th June 2013 at 14:59.
Old 15th June 2013, 07:40   #297
Senior - BHPian

Bought ZLOs a week ago to replace my 40K run Yoko A-drives. Already put the ZLOs through a gruelling test - a 1500km Delhi-Kolkata road trip. Here's my impression of the tyres:

Pros
  • Impressive ride quality, as good if not better than my earlier Yokos.
  • Phenomenal dry and wet weather grip. My basic driving style is aggressive, yet I have not managed to make the tyres squeal. Yesterday (on my way to Kolkata) it started raining cats & dogs in Jharkhand. I kept up the same 100 plus speeds on the highway. After sometime I had to brake really hard to avoid an errant cow and an idiot Wagon R driver blocking the road - the car came to rest in a straight line with no drama from the tyres.
  • Good looking asymmetrical tread pattern.

Cons
  • Road noise at high speeds is significantly more than my earlier Yokos.
  • Dunno how to pinpoint this, but the feel through the steering (at 100+ speeds) is more nervous, as if the car is constantly twitching and needs correction. Maybe its just the suspension and tyres not talking the same language. A little bothersome, not enough peace of mind if you're driving 500+kms in a day.

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-img2013060900026.jpg

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-img2013060900027.jpg

MRF ZLO Performance Tyres-img2013060900025.jpg

Of course, these are first impressions. In my opinion the real capability of a tyre comes out after you've done 15000 kms with them, not 1500. Will post a long term update as and when that happens.
predatorwheelz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2013, 10:54   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by predatorwheelz View Post

Cons
[*]Dunno how to pinpoint this, but the feel through the steering (at 100+ speeds) is more nervous, as if the car is constantly twitching and needs correction. Maybe its just the suspension and tyres not talking the same language. A little bothersome, not enough peace of mind if you're driving 500+kms in a day.[/list]
This is an out of balance wheel that is causing what you are facing. Get it balanced at some other competent balancing guy and the twitching should be out of the way.
Old 16th June 2013, 00:23   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Yes. A member here, Reignofchaos has a Brio with 195/60-14 ZLOs. He hit a pothole or something very badly and damaged a ZLO.

I'm not surprised! A tyre this good, at this price, has to have some minor flaw!

In spite of this, I would still wholeheartedly recommend the ZLO. Am yet to come across something really bad about this tyre.
When you guys talk about high speeds, what speeds to you consider damaging in a high speed pothole meet-up?

For my 2009 Verna CRDi, there are no 185/65/14 ZLOs available in Delhi - 195/60/14 are available for 4200.

OR Should I get the C Drives or A Drives if safety and comfort are important - I am not a speedy singh.
Old 16th June 2013, 11:46   #300
BHPian

@barcode 185/65/14 Zlos are anyday better as compared to 195/60/14 ,given the Indian road conditions as the former better profile makes the car less prone to scraping while negotiating uneven surfaces or for that matter speed breakers .Even a small gain in ground clearance owing to better profile is welcome so look for 185/65/14 .
I have got the same from Gorakhpur so I dont hope it should be a problem procuring the same from metros.
regards
praveen singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks