Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2015, 18:42   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: MRF ZLO Performance Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi, how are the tyres doing on your Civic ? Will they last min 40K kms and remain trouble free (like no sidewall damage etc) ?

Thanks
Mine lasted for 55k kms, though they were 14" on my swift. They were completely trouble free for 40-45 k but then I had 4-5 punctures in last 15 thousand kms. Now side wall issues even on craters in Gurgaon roads.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 11:49   #467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi, how are the tyres doing on your Civic ? Will they last min 40K kms and remain trouble free (like no sidewall damage etc) ?

Thanks
I've removed them and moved to 205/55-16 Continental MC5.
Old 28th October 2015, 00:16   #468
BANNED

Guys here is an update on the MRF ZLO that I am using since ~5K kms.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3835213

Been facing humming noise at speeds between 40-55 kmph. Pretty irritating that sound is. Otherwise the tyre is performing brilliantly.
Old 28th October 2015, 02:17   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
I've removed them and moved to 205/55-16 Continental MC5.
how would you compare the Continental MC5 to the Michelin P3ST?
Old 28th October 2015, 20:50   #470
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
how would you compare the Continental MC5 to the Michelin P3ST?
Will post that in the relevant thread
Old 28th October 2015, 22:30   #471
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Hey Nikhil,

Any comments on the humming noise that I am facing at speeds between 40-55 kmph?

Any solution to it?
Old 29th October 2015, 00:37   #472
BHPian

Anurag I heard about this issue of MRF ZLO humming noise from one of my friends who was using it on his Swift, he tried to contact MRF for the same but no help, he replaced the tyres and the problem was resolved.
Old 29th October 2015, 00:54   #473
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivanshu View Post
Anurag I heard about this issue of MRF ZLO humming noise from one of my friends who was using it on his Swift, he tried to contact MRF for the same but no help, he replaced the tyres and the problem was resolved.
Ah. Not what I wanted to hear. I am stuck with two options if I don't hear from MRF.

One, get habituated and drive on till I hit 1,00,000 mark and sell the car off (Another 40K kms left).

Two, swap tyres for another set bearing losses on the ZLO set.

I feel option 1 is better off. :(
Old 29th October 2015, 01:23   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Ah. Not what I wanted to hear. I am stuck with two options if I don't hear from MRF.

One, get habituated and drive on till I hit 1,00,000 mark and sell the car off (Another 40K kms left).

Two, swap tyres for another set bearing losses on the ZLO set.

I feel option 1 is better off. :(
Yeah I understand what you going through, I will keep my fingers crossed that MRF replies you back with some solution to it.

If you thinking to sell the car then think about it as 40K is not less, you should not be concentrating on the noise of the tyre. Just forget the 40 to 50kmph humming noise and drive.

Or if you want to change the tyres, you can put these up on sale on olx or quicker. You may find some good buyers and atleast you wont be in complete loss.

Keep us updated
Old 29th October 2015, 15:23   #475

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Nikhil,

Any comments on the humming noise that I am facing at speeds between 40-55 kmph?

Any solution to it?
Although ZLO is inherently a bit noisy due to its asymmetric pattern, I'd suggest you get the tyres inspected by visiting any MRF T&S (Locate the nearest from http://www.mrftyres.com/services/t-and-s). Additionally, you may also ask to see a service engineer from MRF at his regional office. I hope it helps.
Old 30th October 2015, 18:35   #476
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah I understand what you going through, I will keep my fingers crossed that MRF replies you back with some solution to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarOnRoad View Post
Although ZLO is inherently a bit noisy due to its asymmetric pattern, I'd suggest you get the tyres inspected by visiting any MRF T&S. Additionally, you may also ask to see a service engineer from MRF at his regional office. I hope it helps.
Here's an update that I received in the form an email after I had posted in the complaints section on their website.

Quote:
Dear Mr.Anurag Shenoy, Ref.No:1124/2015

We regret the inconvenience caused to you due to the reported tyre issue.

In the meantime, we have forwarded your mail to Mr. Kamal Kumar Chaturvedi, our District Manager at Hyderabad, who will coordinate inspection of the said tyre by our Technical personnel. After inspecting the tyre, based on his findings, our Technical personnel will advise you further in this regard. Kindly bear with us till then and oblige.

Regards,

GEORGE TITUS
Manager – Customer Service
MRF Limited,114, Greams Road, Chennai - 600 006
I have visited the 2 MRF T&S located in Chandanagar and Medchal. They have straight away asked me to go to the dealer where I bought the tyres and claim for warranty. Initially they agreed to honour warranty and get me a solution but when I said all 4 tyres are defective, they backed out!

These T&S centres aren't of any help as all 4 tyres are to be replaced. I'll go to the dealer and speak to them again!
Old 31st October 2015, 16:40   #477
BANNED

ANOTHER UPDATE

Got a call from the sales team based in Hyderabad in the afternoon. The guy called up asking what the issue was exactly. After I explained the issue and pointing out that the pattern 'could be' the reason for that humming noise but he outright said "No, it can't be the pattern!"

MRF Representative (MR): As the tyre manufacture process pertaining to MRF is 25% machine oriented and the rest 75% is human and hand-made. So the humming noise could be due to uneven or improper distribution of the rubber compound over the surface causing the noise.

Me: If that's the case, shouldn't the sound amplify at higher speeds?

MR: He was silent and said he'll answer after he checks my tyre personally.

Not believing him fully but giving a chance to prove himself. I have fixed an appointment with him on Monday, 4pm to be met at MRF's T & S centre at Medchal where the engineer will come and personally inspect all 4 tyres and help me solve the problem. If he finds an issue all 4 tyres will be changed.

Shall update the thread by Monday evening on the outcome.
Old 31st October 2015, 18:22   #478
Senior - BHPian

I've read of several complaints of humming noise from the ZLOs at low speeds - on tbhp and the teamfiat forums. Fortunately, I never faced this problem when I owned the ZLOs for 39K km.

I don't know what the resolution is , but several ZLO owners have faced this problem - you should point this out to the MRF rep. Do keep us updated on the outcome.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 31st October 2015 at 18:28.
Old 1st November 2015, 23:42   #479
Senior - BHPian

Apart from driving straight between 40-60kmph, I'd also get the woop woop noise between 80-90KMPH when cornering hard. The sound gets louder as you give more steering lock.

I chose to look at it as a "feature" rather than a manufacturing defect. Heck no other tyre in India, even now comes close to grip levels of a ZLO for my size i.e., 195/60-15. Put on some light music, even at the lowest volume and the tyre noise will not at all be audible.
Old 3rd November 2015, 09:51   #480
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarOnRoad View Post
Additionally, you may also ask to see a service engineer from MRF at his regional office. I hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I don't know what the resolution is, but several ZLO owners have faced this problem - you should point this out to the MRF rep. Do keep us updated on the outcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Put on some light music, even at the lowest volume and the tyre noise will not at all be audible.
Hey guys,

Have a look at the below link for all the details on the issue and the outcome.

Humming Noise Update

OUTCOME in short: No help from MRF and as per them tyres are good and no noise at all. It is me who has to change my mindset.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks