View Poll Results: Is different Front Rear Tyre Combo possible in India
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2006, 22:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Different Front Rear Combo Possible?

Most super cars have different tyres up front and different up rear. Wider at the rear and narrower at the front.

After a lot of thinking i realised with wider rubber behind it would give better stability and ride. THe narrower fronts would aid in better handling, steering wont be hard and most importantly the car would not touch the sidewall.

Is this possible on Indian cars like Optra, Accord, Citys?? Please throw some light why it wont work if you think it wont?
Old 6th March 2006, 22:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Mayb this combo will help only for RWD cars..All supercars have this setup as they are either AWD or RWD
Old 6th March 2006, 22:52   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just a thought - the Swift with its wide body rear can do with such a set up (maybe only for cosmetic value here in India). Fatter rubber at the rear , say 195 with 175 at the front ...what will be the ramifications of this set up ? all bad or maybe something positive atleast ??

tell me guys !
Old 6th March 2006, 23:46   #4
Senior - BHPian

The Swift comes with 185/70/14 stock. It can take 225/17s with ease. So its best to put 195/60/15 up front and 215/55/15 up rear. In this case the car will never touch the sidewall as we turn with front wheels and the car will be damn stable. Handling will be good as well. Can anyone throw some light and please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.
Old 7th March 2006, 00:14   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Just a thought - the Swift with its wide body rear can do with such a set up (maybe only for cosmetic value here in India). Fatter rubber at the rear , say 195 with 175 at the front ...what will be the ramifications of this set up ? all bad or maybe something positive atleast ??

tell me guys !
It will change the 'balance' of the car. In this case make it more underseteery...not desirable.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:17   #6
BHPian

i totally agree with mpower in this regard.
Old 9th March 2006, 11:32   #7
Senior - BHPian

in FWD cars ,its the front wheels that require more grip ...so putting wider tires in teh rear will not help ....and if u put wider in teh front and comparatively narrower tires in teh rear means OVERSTEER in a FWD !!!!!!!!!

i had planned on teh same lines and had put a thread for that http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-mods-zen.html
Old 9th March 2006, 13:09   #8
Senior - BHPian

So you mean to say SS that where the power comes there grip is required more. SO its not advisable to for it. Sad i really wanted to do that with the Swift since its wider at the rear and if i put wider tyres in the front they touch the sidewall.

Most Viewed