Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2011, 22:25   #1
Senior - BHPian

Michelin's free mobile phone offer

On 8/10, I took my car (2007 Civic) to Whitefield Honda for servicing. Since the OEM tires were looking a bit bald after 4 years of exemplary service and since I do a lot of Bangalore-Chennai these days (averaging once a month), I opted to change them. I collected the car on 11/10 with four brand new Michelin tires. So far, so good.

Last Tuesday, I happened to drive along 100 ft Road in Koramangala, and saw the huge billboard that announced a free mobile phone to anyone who purchases four new Michelin tires. Now I am trying to find out why Whitefield Honda did not mention the scheme to me, and how to get my free phone now. I am unable to get any response from Whitefield (the service manager there is so totally unhelpful) at all. Has anyone actually been rewarded in this scheme?

This is the scheme: Buy 4 Michelin Tyres & Get a Mobile Phone Free / Campaigns / Promotions & Campaigns / News & Promotions / Home - www.michelin.in - I seem to qualify under all the T&C listed on that page.

PS: Not that I need a new phone, but it is the principle of the thing :-)

PPS: My car has been to six different Honda service centres in four cities - Whitefield seems to me is the worst in terms of friendliness and quality. Is that the general opinion?
Old 31st October 2011, 23:18   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Michelin's free mobile phone offer

Why dont you speak directly to Michelin India. I am sure somone will help you. I am surprised that a Honda dealer is doing this. If you have the bill and warranty you can complain to the customer care 011-4065-7500

Now dont hit me for this - but just what is the proof that you have not received the phone. I mean what if Whitefield honda says they gave you a phone. I mean is there any form / card / thank you statement that congradulates on receving the phone.

There is a good chance that the showroom would have pocketed the phone. They would not expect that a 1 million rupee honda car buyer will fight for a 2000/- samsung phone.

Mentioning the above as i just want you to be careful.

EDIT: Since you mentioned you do Chennai-Bangalore often, you may want to walk in to their office somewhere near Big-Bazaar vadapalani and talk to someone reponsible, if the call center is not proving effective.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st October 2011 at 23:23.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 23:31   #3
BHPian

YGPM.

There is a strong possibility that your tyres would not be covered under the scheme as they are OEM and not purchased from a 'dealer' (of tyres, not the car).
Old 31st October 2011, 23:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
On 8/10, I took my car (2007 Civic) to Whitefield Honda for servicing. Since the OEM tires were looking a bit bald after 4 years of exemplary service and since I do a lot of Bangalore-Chennai these days (averaging once a month), I opted to change them. I collected the car on 11/10 with four brand new Michelin tires. So far, so good.

Last Tuesday, I happened to drive along 100 ft Road in Koramangala, and saw the huge billboard that announced a free mobile phone to anyone who purchases four new Michelin tires. Now I am trying to find out why Whitefield Honda did not mention the scheme to me, and how to get my free phone now. I am unable to get any response from Whitefield (the service manager there is so totally unhelpful) at all. Has anyone actually been rewarded in this scheme?

This is the scheme: Buy 4 Michelin Tyres & Get a Mobile Phone Free / Campaigns / Promotions & Campaigns / News & Promotions / Home - www.michelin.in - I seem to qualify under all the T&C listed on that page.

PS: Not that I need a new phone, but it is the principle of the thing :-)

PPS: My car has been to six different Honda service centres in four cities - Whitefield seems to me is the worst in terms of friendliness and quality. Is that the general opinion?
Never go to A$$ for a tyre/ battery swap. You'll be taken for a ride; they will collect their commission and also not give you the freebies announced by the tyre company.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 13:00   #5
BHPian

Are you sure you got brand new tyres? could it be the tyres from some other civic owner who had upgraded his tyres before taking delivery or immediately after? Were the tyres unwrapped before you?

I sourced replacement oem tyres for my swift from dealership itself, they give it at a nice discount price.
Old 1st November 2011, 14:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post
Are you sure you got brand new tyres? could it be the tyres from some other civic owner who had upgraded his tyres before taking delivery or immediately after? Were the tyres unwrapped before you?
I hope Whitefield hasn't taken me for a ride that way. The tires looked new to me, but no - they weren't unwrapped in front of me etc.
Old 1st November 2011, 14:24   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I hope Whitefield hasn't taken me for a ride that way. The tires looked new to me, but no - they weren't unwrapped in front of me etc.
Check the manufacturing date on the sidewall.It will in the format WWYY-where WW stands for week and YY stands for year.

For example 1211-meaning the tires are manufactured in 12 week of 2011.The tires should be less than 6 months old from the date of manufacture when you purchased it

PS- Never purchase any tires from the dealership.They quote exorbitant prices.Just check the price with few dealers in the city and compare the price you got.I am sure there will be noticeable difference.
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 15:20   #8
Senior - BHPian

Binand,
What's done is done.
As long as your tyres look new and feel good -forget the questions and enjoy your ride. Check the date max and let it go. No point in spoiling your peace of mind over these things.
Regarding the phone - forget it man, most probably it will be a phone which you will never use or want to hold in your hand.
Why bother??

Cheers
Old 1st November 2011, 16:50   #9
Team-BHP Support

I don't see much point running behind the dealership now; all for a phone.

They'll cook up some excuse for not giving you the phone; or probably relent in a way, you wouldn't want the phone yourself.

The A.S.S. is never the place for tyre change, wheel alignment/balancing. Do check if the tyres you've put on your ride are at least new.

PS : Since this has nothing to do with the offer per say, guess this thread should go to the Indian Dealerships section.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2011, 16:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Agree to the post above, what is done is done and do not worry about the date of manufacturing etc. I would rather worry about the phone and if possible try and get it even though i would never use that phone. I would get it from them and then give it for free to one of my hard working maids rather than leave it with the corporates or in someone else's hand who would most probably sell it in market.
Old 1st November 2011, 17:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

I got a set of 4 Michelin XM1+'s in September,and they were giving away a nice laptop backpack,i got to know about the offer 2-3 days after i had got the tyres,and the dealer on enquiry,was clueless as expected.
though i was being offered a bluetooth headseat,if i purchased goodyear instead of michelin
Old 1st November 2011, 22:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Check the manufacturing date on the sidewall.It will in the format WWYY-where WW stands for week and YY stands for year.
Checked this. 3510, 3810, 4010 and 4110. Guess I was taken for a royal ride by Whitefield Honda. Let this be a lesson to me.

To others: it is not about the mobile phone (which I would have gifted my maid or someone anyway, I have all the phones I need). At least now I know what to expect when I deal with Whitefield in the future (which I expect to be "never", going forward).

Michelin can also take some collateral damage. I will be actively discouraging anyone whose choice I can influence from buying Michelin tires.

Last edited by binand : 1st November 2011 at 22:29.
Old 1st November 2011, 22:36   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Checked this. 3510, 3810, 4010 and 4110. Guess I was taken for a royal ride by Whitefield Honda. Let this be a lesson to me.

To others: it is not about the mobile phone (which I would have gifted my maid or someone anyway, I have all the phones I need). At least now I know what to expect when I deal with Whitefield in the future (which I expect to be "never", going forward).

Michelin can also take some collateral damage. I will be actively discouraging anyone whose choice I can influence from buying Michelin tires.
Yes,you have been sold tires that are more than an year old.Thats totally unacceptable.I suggest you take it up with whitefield honda and confront them with this info.

BTW,how much did u pay for each tire and whats the price?

Also,get your alignment and balancing done at a reputed shop outside.Since you stay in bangalore,you can visit Tire Empire on whitefield main road near forum value mall or Madhus in langford road.Both are equally good though i have tried only Madhus.

The most annoying thing about getting the alignment done at A*S*S is the differential rating.For example Hyundai A*S*S charges are as follows

Santro-300
i10-350
i20-410
Verna-520
SantaFe-700!!

I dont understand the logic with this differential rating.Technically it should be same for all cars.

And the costs of balancing weights are exorbitant.something like 25 Rs per 10 gram
Old 1st November 2011, 22:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On Priority, please call up Michelin and raise a complaint with the customer care. With the numbers on the tyre, i presume they are at least and year old. Fight with Whitefield dealer, or check with Michelin on the same. Dont leave them.

We pay 10 lakhs+ from our hard earned money and people cheat us like this. If only i had the license to kill.
Old 1st November 2011, 23:32   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do take this matter up with Whitefield Honda. Tyre rubber loses elasticity as it ages. Already some thousand kms can be written off on these tires because of this.

I do not know if Michelin would have been able to play any role here when the showroom guys themselves are hell bent on cheating customers.

But this is a revelation to me.
Note to myself: Never change tyre and Battery at company A.S.S.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks