Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2020, 13:27   #151
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
I had 195 in Primacy 3st for around 65K Kms. It does have comfort over the stock size but bounciness felt even on slightly undulated roads.

But after changes to 205s, it is a dream drive now. it is more planted and more or less the same comfort as 195s. But weight to the steering is not felt much.
Thank you very much for your feedback!! Thanks to you and BHPian Nikhil I have decided my next set of tyres to be MRF perfinza 205/55/R15. I will be changing them in another 5 to 7k kms. Will post the entire process and my experience of the tyres.
Regards
Old 17th March 2020, 16:12   #152
BHPian

Respected members,
I recently swapped my tires to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5s from 185/60 R15 Goodyears. There is a fair bit of improvement in grip levels and I absolutely love the low road noise. However, facing a minor issue. I feel the car pulls towards left after 80+ kmph. Got the alignment checked from ASS and as per them, everything is fine. When I checked the report, it says the caster angle limit should be 4.10' whereas mine is 4.13' which was highlighted in yellow. Is this something I should be concerned of?
Old 10th August 2020, 11:25   #153
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Looking to replace stock tyres of Skoda Rapid. Which is better Pirelli Cinturato P1 or Michelin Energy XM2? Or any alternatives in 185/60/R15.
Old 22nd January 2021, 13:23   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
Greetings,
Can anyone highlight the differences between 195/60/R15 and 205/55/R15 when upsizing from the stock 185/60/R15 on rapid 2014 AT?
My understanding from the thread is 195s tend to give better comfort and ride quality and 205s offer better road feedback increase grip levels and cornering confidence. Also if you drive more in the city then 195 is preferred as 205 tend to weigh the steering a bit more.
Feel free to clarify and/or add. Appreciate you guys taking the time for this
Regards
Any further feedbacks, did you upsize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Looking to replace stock tyres of Skoda Rapid. Which is better Pirelli Cinturato P1 or Michelin Energy XM2? Or any alternatives in 185/60/R15.
Which tyres did you settle for? I am considering a mild upsize to 195 / 60 from the 185 / 60 basis multiple feedbacks on the forum, still shortlisting the brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Respected members,
I recently swapped my tires to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5s from 185/60 R15 Goodyears. There is a fair bit of improvement in grip levels and I absolutely love the low road noise. However, facing a minor issue. I feel the car pulls towards left after 80+ kmph. Got the alignment checked from ASS and as per them, everything is fine. When I checked the report, it says the caster angle limit should be 4.10' whereas mine is 4.13' which was highlighted in yellow. Is this something I should be concerned of?
@Tuisha - any updates, is exceeding the catser angle limit a cause for wworry?
Old 27th January 2021, 22:44   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

@Tuisha - any updates, is exceeding the catser angle limit a cause for wworry?
Hi Marshall,

The issue was not with the caster angle but with continental tyres. The tyres really need some time to settle down and that itself caused the veering issue. After a thousand kms or so, the issue completely vanished on its own. I recently did a wheel alignment and balancing after 11k kms and the results were almost stock and accurate with a marginal adjustment requirement.
Tuisha110HP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:56   #156
BHPian

Hi Marshal, i got the Yokohoma Earth1 stock size

Last edited by raja_ys : 28th January 2021 at 17:01.
Old 24th February 2021, 23:04   #157

Quote:
Thank you very much for your feedback!! Thanks to you and BHPian Nikhil I have decided my next set of tyres to be MRF perfinza 205/55/R15. I will be changing them in another 5 to 7k kms. Will post the entire process and my experience of the tyres.
Regards
Would you share your experience with MRF?

Also, any particular reason for changing them at such a mileage? It feels good to imagine someone doing donuts all day every day with a wide grin but what is the deal here?

I'm currently looking to get 205/55/R15 Continental UC6 for my new Skoda Rapid, but none of the dealers I've tried so far have them in stock
Old 26th February 2021, 14:35   #158

Quote:
Greetings,
Can anyone highlight the differences between 195/60/R15 and 205/55/R15 when upsizing from the stock 185/60/R15 on rapid 2014 AT?
My understanding from the thread is 195s tend to give better comfort and ride quality and 205s offer better road feedback increase grip levels and cornering confidence. Also if you drive more in the city then 195 is preferred as 205 tend to weigh the steering a bit more.
Feel free to clarify and/or add. Appreciate you guys taking the time for this
Regards
Ive been using the yoko s drive with the third set running, 205/55/15, the tyres are awesome with confidence on high speeds and cornering, absolutely minimal road noise and good comfort,
ashish.shenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:29   #159
BHPian

Need help,

I have Skoda Rapid Ambition 2018, running on 185/60/R15 Goodyear DP series tyres.

Based on SA recommendation I was maintaining 32 psi in all tyres. Recently, since last 2 months or so I started noticing side ways movement of car when on rumble strips, when going straight it's not there, but even with little left or right steering input the car feels wobbling, it's not that much but being the driver I can feel it.

Is it time to change tyres?, Is it possible that 32PSI in front tyres is the culprit, I have tried filling to recommended 36PSI but the car exhibits similar behavior.

32PSI is really comfortable and gives smooth ride, but what should be the ideal tyre pressure to be maintained.

Note- Due to prevailing covid situation my car remain parked in the garage for most of the time, as my office is just 2km away and i live in company township.
Old 8th July 2021, 11:08   #160
BHPian

Hi,

Looking for advice to change tyres on my Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI (2016 Model).

Rear tyres are stock and the car has run 72K. Front tyres are Pirelli P6 and had to change them at about 50k IIRC. Much better than stock. Low road noise and steering became lighter but yet very connected than earlier and much better grip than stock.

But now I would like to upsize to wider tyres. I would actually like to upzise the rim to 16 inches as well but not going for it due to money factor. I take my cars on highways which was pre-covid situation but BLR-HYD trips will be common once things get better.

What would be the right upsize keeping 15 inches. 195 or 205?
What tyres can you all recommend which can give excellent grip and low road noise?
What is the cost each tyre than I should expect to pay?
I am in Bangalore (near Whitefield), please suggest some reliable and good place to source the tyres.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.
Raj
Old 14th July 2021, 13:57   #161
BHPian

Hi,

I am looking to change the tyres on my new Rapid Rider Plus AT. The stock tyres are MRF ZVTV (185 / 60 / R15). I am car newbie with just some paper knowledge and wanted some guidance on the choice of the tyres. The tyre change itself is based on the recommendations of a good friend, who also got the same car recently and is a long time car guy

The options considered so far :

1. Continental CC6 - As per their own website, is better for mileage and comfort than UC6. This was also recommended by Tyre Professional (a popular name here on TBHP from what I have seen).
2. Continental UC6 - As per their own website, is better for Handling and Dry & Wet breaking than CC6
3. Michelin Energy XM2+ - I am being told Michelin tyres are just not available these days here in Bengaluru. Still checking with a few dealers.
4. Yokohama Earth 1 - Their own website says it is not the best for Sedans (Screenshot below)

I am going for OEM alloys also. Not planning to upsize tyres.

What is the community's advice / recommendations here?

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20210714-1.17.24-pm.png

Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-screenshot-20210714-1.55.37-pm.png
Old 15th July 2021, 17:31   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkumargb View Post
My Rapid is currently running with after market alloys and 195/60/R15 Yoko A drives and I need to replace the tires.
=====
Thanks

Beautiful alloys you got there.
Old 15th July 2021, 18:39   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirang View Post
Hi,

I am looking to change the tyres on my new Rapid Rider Plus AT.
Are you planning to go with a wider tire or stock size? Your options vary depending in the size you choose.
Old 15th July 2021, 19:34   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
Need help,

Based on SA recommendation I was maintaining 32 psi in all tyres. Recently, since last 2 months or so I started noticing side ways movement of car when on rumble strips, when going straight it's not there, but even with little left or right steering input the car feels wobbling, it's not that much but being the driver I can feel it.
I believe the sideway movement on a rumble strip (especially the ridiculous impractical cement ones on Durgam Cheruvu bridge, Bio-diversity flyover, etc) is not due to the difference in tyre pressures or the tyres, but for the firmer suspension setup in our vehicles. I too am facing the same issues, just that we need to a bit slower on those with minimal inputs of steering wheel.

Maintaining lower pressure than the recommended ones on the filler cap helps too.
adityarobb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 16:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srirang View Post

I am looking to change the tyres on my new Rapid Rider Plus AT. The stock tyres are MRF ZVTV (185 / 60 / R15).

The options considered so far :

1. Continental CC6 - As per their own website, is better for mileage and comfort than UC6. This was also recommended by Tyre Professional (a popular name here on TBHP from what I have seen).
2. Continental UC6 - As per their own website, is better for Handling and Dry & Wet breaking than CC6
3. Michelin Energy XM2+ - I am being told Michelin tyres are just not available these days here in Bengaluru. Still checking with a few dealers.
4. Yokohama Earth 1 - Their own website says it is not the best for Sedans (Screenshot below)

I am going for OEM alloys also. Not planning to upsize tyres.

What is the community's advice / recommendations here?
A quick update here :

The car SA put me in touch with a guy at Madhu's (sister concern of Tyre Professional) who had Michelin Energy XM2+ (March 2021 manufactured). My friend asked me to go for it with closed eyes.

I just went with that one.

So far pretty good. I have only done 875kms yet, though.

Most Viewed