Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th February 2020, 13:27   #151

Default Re: Skoda Rapid : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbospool83 View Post
I had 195 in Primacy 3st for around 65K Kms. It does have comfort over the stock size but bounciness felt even on slightly undulated roads.

But after changes to 205s, it is a dream drive now. it is more planted and more or less the same comfort as 195s. But weight to the steering is not felt much.
Thank you very much for your feedback!! Thanks to you and BHPian Nikhil I have decided my next set of tyres to be MRF perfinza 205/55/R15. I will be changing them in another 5 to 7k kms. Will post the entire process and my experience of the tyres.
Regards
Old 17th March 2020, 16:12   #152
BHPian

Respected members,
I recently swapped my tires to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5s from 185/60 R15 Goodyears. There is a fair bit of improvement in grip levels and I absolutely love the low road noise. However, facing a minor issue. I feel the car pulls towards left after 80+ kmph. Got the alignment checked from ASS and as per them, everything is fine. When I checked the report, it says the caster angle limit should be 4.10' whereas mine is 4.13' which was highlighted in yellow. Is this something I should be concerned of?
Old 10th August 2020, 11:25   #153
BHPian

Default Re: Toyota Innova : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Looking to replace stock tyres of Skoda Rapid. Which is better Pirelli Cinturato P1 or Michelin Energy XM2? Or any alternatives in 185/60/R15.
Old 22nd January 2021, 13:23   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laidbackakki View Post
Greetings,
Can anyone highlight the differences between 195/60/R15 and 205/55/R15 when upsizing from the stock 185/60/R15 on rapid 2014 AT?
My understanding from the thread is 195s tend to give better comfort and ride quality and 205s offer better road feedback increase grip levels and cornering confidence. Also if you drive more in the city then 195 is preferred as 205 tend to weigh the steering a bit more.
Feel free to clarify and/or add. Appreciate you guys taking the time for this
Regards
Any further feedbacks, did you upsize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Looking to replace stock tyres of Skoda Rapid. Which is better Pirelli Cinturato P1 or Michelin Energy XM2? Or any alternatives in 185/60/R15.
Which tyres did you settle for? I am considering a mild upsize to 195 / 60 from the 185 / 60 basis multiple feedbacks on the forum, still shortlisting the brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuisha110HP View Post
Respected members,
I recently swapped my tires to 195/60 R15 Continental MC5s from 185/60 R15 Goodyears. There is a fair bit of improvement in grip levels and I absolutely love the low road noise. However, facing a minor issue. I feel the car pulls towards left after 80+ kmph. Got the alignment checked from ASS and as per them, everything is fine. When I checked the report, it says the caster angle limit should be 4.10' whereas mine is 4.13' which was highlighted in yellow. Is this something I should be concerned of?
@Tuisha - any updates, is exceeding the catser angle limit a cause for wworry?
Old 27th January 2021, 22:44   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post

@Tuisha - any updates, is exceeding the catser angle limit a cause for wworry?
Hi Marshall,

The issue was not with the caster angle but with continental tyres. The tyres really need some time to settle down and that itself caused the veering issue. After a thousand kms or so, the issue completely vanished on its own. I recently did a wheel alignment and balancing after 11k kms and the results were almost stock and accurate with a marginal adjustment requirement.
Tuisha110HP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:56   #156
BHPian

Hi Marshal, i got the Yokohoma Earth1 stock size

Last edited by raja_ys : 28th January 2021 at 17:01.
Old 24th February 2021, 23:04   #157

Quote:
Thank you very much for your feedback!! Thanks to you and BHPian Nikhil I have decided my next set of tyres to be MRF perfinza 205/55/R15. I will be changing them in another 5 to 7k kms. Will post the entire process and my experience of the tyres.
Regards
Would you share your experience with MRF?

Also, any particular reason for changing them at such a mileage? It feels good to imagine someone doing donuts all day every day with a wide grin but what is the deal here?

I'm currently looking to get 205/55/R15 Continental UC6 for my new Skoda Rapid, but none of the dealers I've tried so far have them in stock
Old 26th February 2021, 14:35   #158

Quote:
Greetings,
Can anyone highlight the differences between 195/60/R15 and 205/55/R15 when upsizing from the stock 185/60/R15 on rapid 2014 AT?
My understanding from the thread is 195s tend to give better comfort and ride quality and 205s offer better road feedback increase grip levels and cornering confidence. Also if you drive more in the city then 195 is preferred as 205 tend to weigh the steering a bit more.
Feel free to clarify and/or add. Appreciate you guys taking the time for this
Regards
Ive been using the yoko s drive with the third set running, 205/55/15, the tyres are awesome with confidence on high speeds and cornering, absolutely minimal road noise and good comfort,
ashish.shenoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed