Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2006, 17:18   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
@BUSA : What place in Mumbai would you recommend to have tubeless tyres and alloys fiited? I've heard about Pal Tyres at Lamington Road and Four Seasons at Crossroads.
What specific model of Goodyear tyres and alloys (Aura or Neo) would you suggest for an Indica? Tyre size is 165 x 65 R 13 . I do not wish to upsize.
Well there are many tyre dealers, there is one in Kalina best tyres, tell him that you are getting a cheaper deal somewhere and he will give you the same at his place. Four Seasons is a bit expensive i feel. For normal running Bridgestone Potenzas would be good and if you are more of a performance minded person then i wouls recomend the Eagle F1 but they wear out faster. Alloys Aura or Neo or Hindalco all are good enough and come with a warranty.
Old 14th July 2006, 19:38   #17
BANNED

Quote:
For normal running Bridgestone Potenzas would be good and if you are more of a performance minded person then i wouls recomend the Eagle F1 but they wear out faster.
I was initially looking at the Bridgestone Potenza's, but I've gotten to hear that Goodyear tyres are a little more superior. I guess I'm looking for something that's durable and tough on almost any terrain.

Last edited by luvjascha : 14th July 2006 at 19:39.
Old 15th July 2006, 23:27   #18
BHPian

Bridgestone Potenza G3 are much much better for city and sometime off road enviorments...!
Old 17th July 2006, 08:09   #19
BANNED

I've gotten to hear that at speeds in excess of a 100 kmph, Bridgestone tyres emit noises. Is this true?
Old 17th July 2006, 09:53   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I feel it's also about design - I have used both Honda's and Toyota's, and find the road noise to be more in Honda's. Have heard this from a few others too.

I dont know abt Bridgestones making more noise than other tyres, but is possible, depending on the composition of the rubber. Hope someone can give a more knowledgeable response than what I have said ..
Old 17th July 2006, 13:47   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvjascha
I've gotten to hear that at speeds in excess of a 100 kmph, Bridgestone tyres emit noises. Is this true?
I thought that the Goodyears were more noisy??
Old 17th July 2006, 21:22   #22
BANNED

OK guys...now I'm really in two minds between Bridgestone and Goodyear.
I understand that we're talking about two very credible makes and realise that I can't go wrong with either; however, I want to be a 100% confident in my decision of what it's going to be.
First of, I read that Bridgestone tyres are not the best when it comes to high speeds (as said in my earlier post) and claiming warranty on them might be a task in itself. Then again, I have also read that Bridgestone's are recommended in Indian driving conditions. I don't want to be cruisin' along the expressway at over a 100 kmph and be worried about some noise emitting from the tyre.
What I am looking for is:
- durability
- one that's tough on almost any kinda terrain.

Having said that, I would welcome any comments/suggestions from the experts.
Old 17th July 2006, 21:25   #23
BANNED

The *** was After Sales Support which I abbreviated and hence the asterisks by the Mod's
Old 17th July 2006, 21:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

Goodyear Eagle F1s are very good tyres, very good on the wet and quite good in the dry butttt they wear out way faster then bridgestones. That said even Goodyears make quite a lot of noise, i feel the bridgestones will make lesser noise then them.
Old 19th July 2006, 11:24   #25
BHPian

I'm planning either Michelin Energy XM1 or MRF ZVTS (Tubeless) for my Accent GLE as the next change. What are your opinions? Are there any better tyres tha this for my car? Please help me out to make up my decision.
Old 19th July 2006, 13:22   #26
Senior - BHPian

adarsh the michelins are quite expensive! dont know much about MRF but you should check eagle NCT3/5 out/
Old 19th July 2006, 16:08   #27
BANNED

@BUSA : So, you favour the Goodyear Eagles to Bridgestone Potenza's, is it? But if durability was one of my parameters in deciding between Goodyear and Bridgestone, I think you would recommend the latter, since you say that Goodyear's wear out way faster than Bridgestone's.
Also, what is the price difference between the two?
Old 19th July 2006, 16:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Anybody tried Apollo Accelere's ? OD's review was good.
Old 19th July 2006, 22:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor
Anybody tried Apollo Accelere's ? OD's review was good.
Cant say about OD, you know most mags are run on .............I guess the Goodyears are cheaper then the bridgestones.
Old 13th November 2006, 17:58   #30

i wud say that the Goodyear Eagle F1 and Bridgestone GIII are both equally good in terms of hi-performance with the F1 having a slight edge initially though the F1 struggles after some wear and tear i.e. 10,000kms and the GIII are a clear winner here after............on the life front I've seen GIII doing a good 75k even

..........on the noise front any tyre with indeendent blocks on the tread tend to emitt noise after some uneven wear so be it Michelin's Pilot sport, Goodyear's Eagle NCT5,Ventura or Bridgestone's GIII though the touring tyres are safe that way be it Michelin's XM1 or Bridgestone's ER60.

......we all love to push the car a little too much if we've the Pilot sports or the GIIIs ....so here comes the uneven wear.

Its the air passing through the tread that makes noise if the blocks have uneven wear and the insulation of the car cabin & engine noise level does plays a major role in that.

I would suggest a GIII if you are looking for performance (Grip,traction etc) as well as a real good tyre life......but if noise can be a concern and performance expectations are not much ..go for the Michelin's XM1 or Bridgestone's ER60.
Apollo acelere still has a lot to prove............

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks