Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2020, 18:19   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tyre Warranty Claiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
One of the stock tyres (Bridgestone, 2017) of my Hyundai Eon has developed a bulge in the tread area.
Bulge in the tread area! Do you have a photo?
Doesn't it feel like going over a small bump every revolution?
Old 14th September 2020, 19:40   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Bulge in the tread area!
Yes even I was under the impression that bulge happens only on the sidewall.

The affected patch feels swollen when I run my hand over it.

Ride was unaffected probably because the swollen area is almost the size of a mobile phone and not small and protruding like a typical sidewall bulge. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.
Old 13th February 2021, 16:11   #78
BHPian

Today morning while washing my car, I noticed a small sidewall damage on my front right tyre - Continental Conti Comfort. I understand normally sidewall damages don't fall under warranty but the service guy did assure me that sidewall damage is included in the warranty during the time of purchase.

When I went to the shop, as expected, they denied warranty for sidewall damages. On pressing them on their promise, they suggested to continue driving as the damage is minor and isn't that deep. They asked me to continue driving for 500-1000kms and if it's getting worse, they can change it to a new one for 50% of the price. But again, there would be some depreciation on top of it based on my tread usage.

I was thinking I could continue on the same tyres. If not, is the value being offered reasonable?
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210213_124201.jpg  

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210213_124216.jpg  

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210213_131937.jpg  

Last edited by logicalidiot : 13th February 2021 at 16:13. Reason: Grammar
Old 13th February 2021, 16:23   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Today morning while washing my car, I noticed a small sidewall damage on my front right tyre - Continental Conti Comfort. I understand normally sidewall damages don't fall under warranty but the service guy did assure me that sidewall damage is included in the warranty during the time of purchase.
Only unconditional warranty they would replace such sidewall tears. ( only sidewall buldge due to manufacturing defects is covered usually)

The tear sadly looks bad. Better to replace than taking a risk. I would say take 50% offered and replace.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 14:30   #80
BHPian

Hope this post is in the right thread.
If not request Mods to transfer to the respective thread.
I had installed Firestone FR500 185 70 R14 tires on my Dzire 2018, way back when I took the car from dealership. The car had run only 16000 kilometres after that. It had given comfortable drive all these years. However, I was surprised to see yesterday that the treads had reached the tire replacement indicator. I had done tire alignment and tire rotation every 5000 Kms. I am not a spirited driver and the maximum speed I had gone is 100 Kmph in the car. My query is what could be the reason for such an early deterioration of the tires? Further, Is it OK to drive in such tires? Is there a chance of any warranty claim?
Thanking all for the support in advance.

Last edited by commonman : 16th February 2021 at 14:50. Reason: Corrected the tire specifications
Old 16th February 2021, 22:04   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
Hope this post is in the right thread.
If not request Mods to transfer to the respective thread.
I had installed Firestone FR500 185 70 R14 tires on my Dzire 2018, way back when I took the car from dealership. The car had run only 16000 kilometres after that. It had given comfortable drive all these years.
How come you never observed this earlier? Or any alignment centers give you a warning before? Normally they are the ones trying to sell tyres as soon as they see it reaching end of life.

Are all the tyre having the same treadwear?

During last 2k or so did you hit any pot-holes? This could change your alignment values and cause the unexplained deterioration.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 10:49   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
How come you never observed this earlier? Or any alignment centers give you a warning before? Normally they are the ones trying to sell tyres as soon as they see it reaching end of life.

Are all the tyre having the same treadwear?

During last 2k or so did you hit any pot-holes? This could change your alignment values and cause the unexplained deterioration.
I did alignment last month.There were no major deviations. I am observing this it now as I had noticed the replacement pointer while washing. Looks weird as I was never expecting this. All the tires are showing same tread wear.
Old 18th February 2021, 14:09   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by commonman View Post
I did alignment last month.There were no major deviations. I am observing this it now as I had noticed the replacement pointer while washing. Looks weird as I was never expecting this. All the tires are showing same tread wear.

Sadly i have no experience with firestone or how good they are with treadwear( all I am aware is that it is subbrand of Bridgestone)

You are right the 16k does seem low eith proper alignment.

With all the horror stories about ASC, i hope your tyres are not swapped with old firestones.( this is just me pushing some rare scenario)
Old 26th June 2021, 21:17   #84
BHPian

Hello everyone.
I have relatively new Yoko earth 1s installed recently. They have run around 7000 kms since installation.
I have noticed a sidewall bulge on my front left. I don't know if it's because of a pothole or just spontaneous.
The tyres are a few months old now, and I wanted to enquire about this defect being covered under warranty. I have attached some pictures of the bulge. Is there anything I have to be ready for before I involve the tyre dealer from where i got these?
Attached Thumbnails
Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210626_110602.jpg  

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210626_110541.jpg  

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210626_110553.jpg  

Old 27th June 2021, 12:01   #85
BHPian

If the tyres came with an unconditional warranty, then this would be replaced. Else I do not think the manufacturer would agree for a replacement.
wittycat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 15:14   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvius View Post
Hello everyone.
I have relatively new Yoko earth 1s installed recently. They have run around 7000 kms since installation.
I have noticed a sidewall bulge on my front left. I don't know if it's because of a pothole or just spontaneous.
The tyres are a few months old now, and I wanted to enquire about this defect being covered under warranty. I have attached some pictures of the bulge. Is there anything I have to be ready for before I involve the tyre dealer from where i got these?
Normally it is very difficult to get warranty claim as in my experience dealers hardly budge, especially in the case of side wall damage.

But in this case especially less than 700kms on the tyre, I would not agree to anything less than a free replacement with balancing. Just raise a warranty claim asap.
pandabear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 00:45   #87
BHPian

Hi everyone. I have Venue DCT 2019 model and one of the front tyre has developed various minus cracks leading to multiple punctures in the past 3 months. The car has been run for 8900 kms in the past 1.6 years. So should I approach hyundai for the warranty or Apollo as it's their make of tyre?
Old 2nd July 2021, 12:25   #88
BHPian

Hi friends,
Hope you all are doing well and are staying safe in this adverse period of Covid pandemic.

I am facing excessive noise issue with the OE Good Year stock tyres of my Octavia 1.8 TSI (2017 make). The car is still in warranty and has 23k kms on the odometer.

When I called the GY dealer today, he told me that I should have to approach the Skoda ASC for any warranty claim regarding these factory fitted set of tyres as the tyre manufacturer company allots entirely different serial numbers for OE tyres and so any such claims need to be placed at the Car dealership/ ASCs only.

To me, this clarification sounds valid and now I just wanted to know about the Warranty period offered by Skoda or any other Auto manufacturers for the factory fitted OE tyres.

I personally think that the warranty period won't be more than 2/3 years in such condition.

So somebody please enlighten me on this subject before reaching out to the ASC.

Thanks in anticipation,
Old 4th November 2021, 08:47   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_nemesis View Post
How easy/difficult it is to claim warranty on OEM tyre?

Yesterday, I hit a bump on the road, nothing unusual. I was going at about 70-80 kmph on the highway. However, within few meters, I realized the tyre (front right) had gone flat. Quickly found a safe spot on the side of the road, put on hazard lights and warning signs and got on with replacing it with stepney.

Checking the tyre showed 2 cuts on the sidewall, one at the center and one closer to the rim. Mine is Tiago XZA+, and the tyres are Bridgestone B250 Series 175/60 R15. Any ideas on whether I can take a shot at claiming warranty??

The tyres have run only 4k kms since I bought the vehicle in August. I do not wish to retain this tyre, will replace with a new one as the other 3 also haven't clocked much mileage.
Cross-posting from the Tiago thread.
Old 27th November 2021, 19:46   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear View Post
Normally it is very difficult to get warranty claim as in my experience dealers hardly budge, especially in the case of side wall damage.

But in this case especially less than 700kms on the tyre, I would not agree to anything less than a free replacement with balancing. Just raise a warranty claim asap.
I'd like to update regarding the query that I had raised earlier.

I had a tyre sidewall bulge on my new-ish Yoko Earth1s that were driven for 7000 odd kms.

I took it to the dealer from whom I had purchased them last year. They were still under warranty.

The tyre was unmounted from the rim, and I was not surprised to find a small hole on the inside of the sidewall bulge. The hole would've been 3mm in length at most. And although the bulge was at the sidewall, this hole was more towards the tread area from within.

Presence of a hole on the inside usually means that the sidewall bulge has occurred following some trauma to the tyre, not unlike what happens when you hit a deep pothole at relatively high speed.

The dealer promptly raised a warranty claim, and measured the tread depth. I was finally asked to pay Rs 1100 towards the warranty claim, and was given a fresh tyre as replacement.
Upon seeing the damage inside, I was expecting the dealer to refuse the claim, but to my surprise I didn't even have to discuss anything with him.

Kudos to Yokohama, and their dealer!!

I think the claim was handled under their 'Unconditional Warranty' program(?)

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210626_110541-2.jpg
Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20210626_110602.jpg
pictures of the tyre (posted earlier also), and the damage to the inside.

Tyre Warranty Claiming-img_20211127_144706.jpg
If you look closely at the image, you might see a broken steel cable within. Damn our potholes!!
Vitruvius is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed