Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2019, 21:58   #76
BHPian

Re: Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread

I have been using Kenda 195/60/15 on my MJD Linea
Its run some 45K kms before I had to change them - my bad - My alignment was not right resulting in uneven wear. Else it would have lasted way longer.

On my second set now, So far, touchwood, I have been comfortable with the tyres on bad roads, good roads, high speed with lane changes, sustained speeds on curves, wet traction.

I pick them up near Lalbagh Road in Bangalore - they typically cost around 3200 per tyre.

So far very satisfied with them.
PM - B is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 19:21   #77

Have changed my tyres on swift vdi to kenda komets around 2 years ago. Earlier tyres were jktyres. Driven around 22000kms. Must say they are way better than JKs. Not even one puncture. Have been able to navigate famous Gurgaon potholes easily. The ride appears to be a little harder but I can attribute this to using lower profile tyres than the original ones. Looking to get them fitted them in my verna fluidic now. Price vs value is unbeatable until now.
Old 18th October 2019, 14:27   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

I got 205/60 R16 Kenda KR-10 tires during the recent Amazon sale. It cost me just 3500/tyre. I am satisfied with Kenda tires in Grand I10 , going to try in SX4 soon

Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread-img20191018wa0038.jpg

Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread-img20191018wa0037.jpg

I will post in detail after few weeks. The tires are new too, 25th week of 2019.
Dr.Naren is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 09:21   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

500 Kms Done!

These tires are superb VFM and the cheapest in 205/60 R16 size. I was expecting only average performance for A to B driving. But, I am surprised and happy about it .

The rubber is very soft, need to be careful about sidewall on bad roads. This is the only negative point.

Positives are comfy ride, low tyre noise and decent grip. Braking and high speed stability are also good. These tires are much better than JK Elanzo or Vectra. Happy with the purchase.

Few pics I clicked after driving 500 Kms

Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread-img20191121wa0020.jpg

Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread-img20191121wa0022.jpg
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 10:40   #80
BHPian

Great Tyres Naren,
I am currently using Aeolus tyres for the last 32000 kms and have no complaints.They are at par and do their work well.Most of my friends have switched over as well to these brands and are satisfied with them.
Old 21st November 2019, 12:22   #81
BHPian

I have Kenda 185 sections on my Esteem , Seriously VFM at 2300 each . No complaints so far with around 10k . Quiet and refined ,
wbd8779 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2019, 21:55   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Considering Kenda is half the price of popular brands, I hope they are safe to use.

If you are changing tires that are worn out, just about any new tire would feel a lot better immediately, unless they are some knobby MTs or slick S drive etc ,most new tires will feel better than the older set regardless of the cost.

Maybe it's alright for a car that does not go out of town, otherwise you probably should not go for tires cheaper than what it originally came with from the factory.
Kosfactor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 00:56   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Considering Kenda is half the price of popular brands, I hope they are safe to use.
Please go through all the posts in this thread. You can conclude if they are safe or not .

Many BHPians have used them for good number of Kms. I had no issues with Kenda tires in my Grand I10, using them in SX4 now.

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 22nd November 2019 at 01:11.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 10:15   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Maybe it's alright for a car that does not go out of town, otherwise you probably should not go for tires cheaper than what it originally came with from the factory.
Cheaper always doesn't mean inferior, i have used them for multiple trips to pune and mumbai and never had a issue, touch-wood! Most of the taxi drivers also out here use these tyre's and before i made my first purchase i spoke to a few of them and all of them vouched for them so i took a chance and picked my first set.Many of my friends also went with the same and are satisfied with them.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:05   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Please go through all the posts in this thread. You can conclude if they are safe or not .
It's the low price that's making me wonder if it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Cheaper always doesn't mean inferior, i have used them for multiple trips to pune and mumbai and never had a issue, touch-wood! Most of the taxi drivers also out here use these tyre's and before i made my first purchase i spoke to a few of them and all of them vouched for them so i took a chance and picked my first set.Many of my friends also went with the same and are satisfied with them.
Some thoughts in my mind, let me know what you think please.

I'm curious due to the low price , certainly they are sold in US as well, and guess they have an ISI mark, probably safe then but why so low priced? Are we getting old stock or rejected tyres?

JK and MRF are just as old as Kenda and perhaps similar origins in their respective countries but the prices on Amazon is just baffling. Kenda 3.5K and MRF 5K for the same size , CEAT? 5.1K. Offline prices maybe different. Lets not be surprised if a cabby decides to save 6K on his Innova's next set of tires.

Car manufacturers still rely on JK, MRF, Apollo & CEAT as OE for a lot of vehicles while Kenda is far cheaper. Is it not OE quality?
Old 24th November 2019, 07:28   #86
BHPian

Quote:
It's the low price that's making me wonder if it is.
Some thoughts in my mind, let me know what you think please.
I'm curious due to the low price , certainly they are sold in US as well, and guess they have an ISI mark, probably safe then but why so low priced? Are we getting old stock or rejected tyres?
Car manufacturers still rely on JK, MRF, Apollo & CEAT as OE for a lot of vehicles while Kenda is far cheaper. Is it not OE quality?
I agree with your line of thoughts, when I was going to purchase my tyres I had a long discussion and I was told that they do not have any middle men etc and I could only buy from their website, I am talking about aeolus in specific. Also they are a lot in to truck tyres.
Regarding the pricing I don't know how they leave the rest behind, all I know is that chemchina is in to major manufacture of tyres.I believe if your talking in regards to why oem don't offer these tyres, may be its because Indian buyer doesn't recognise these brands and would look at them from a suspicious point of view. Rest all brands you mentioned are known to almost everyone so directly could relate to some mental satisfaction.

https://www.tyrepress.com/2015/03/who-is-chemchina/

These are just my thoughts, I find the tyres good enough, they are quite, comfortable, don't puncture easily and above all I think I am glad I have given them a try.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2019, 09:37   #87
BHPian

Quote:

If you are changing tires that are worn out, just about any new tire would feel a lot better immediately, unless they are some knobby MTs or slick S drive etc ,most new tires will feel better than the older set regardless of the cost.

Kenda is a long established tyre manufacturer in Taiwan since 1962. Taiwan is an industrial powerhouse with brands like Asus, Acer, Foxconn (manufacturer of iphones) and many many more. I would trust a Taiwanese brand to have better quality than JK, Apollo etc. Unfortunately most Indian companies do very little research and development and simply sell rebadged products or products made by purchasing technology from more advanced countries. After purchasing this often already obsolete tech, they milk it as long as possible without much effort in further improvement. Take a look at Videocon and Micromax as examples.
Coming to price, your argument is akin to claiming a Xiaomi or One Plus phone would not be reliable as it is much cheaper. The Chinese and Taiwanese have conquered manufacturing as they are able to provide high quality products at an incredibly cheap price. No other nation is able to compete with them. The OEMs using JK or Apollo make bulk deals and pay far less than market prices.

Last edited by Lobogris : 24th November 2019 at 09:39.
Lobogris is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 23:39   #88
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
I would trust a Taiwanese brand to have better quality than JK, Apollo etc. Unfortunately most Indian companies do very little research and development and simply sell rebadged products or products made by purchasing technology from more advanced countries. After purchasing this often already obsolete tech, they milk it as long as possible without much effort in further improvement.
China/ Taiwan maybe good at manufacturing a whole host of things , Indian companies too are some of the biggest in tire world, they are certainly bigger than Kenda. That's not the point of contention here.

This allegedly better tire is half the price of a locally produced tire, this low price is after about 15% import taxes and GST. India being one of the largest producers of tires in the world , we have plenty of competition on OE and aftermarket scene to keep prices as well as technology competent. If this Kenda was produced in India and comparably priced, I won't question it, probably noone may give it a second look as well.

The lure here is the price , that's not a good way to treat such a critical part of the car.
Old 25th June 2020, 16:35   #89
BHPian

Reviving an old thread. Any leads on where i can buy Kenda tyres in Mumbai? Particularly looking for 185 70 R14 size?
bharatbits is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 16:42   #90
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbits View Post
Reviving an old thread. Any leads on where i can buy Kenda tyres in Mumbai? Particularly looking for 185 70 R14 size?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...e-imports.html (Govt. imposes severe restrictions on tyre imports)
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks