Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2014, 21:17   #31
BHPian

re: Kenda Komet tyres - Discussion Thread

Got Kenda tyres for my 78k run Indica. Originally they were on Bridgestones.

Why Kenda: The car is a secondary one, and only used for a few kms around the house. Hardly ever would it go on a highway - hence decided to take the plunge on an unknown brand.

First impressions - the tyres seem pretty good, no complaints as yet. Tyre noise is quite low and certainly lower than the old bridgestone tyres.

Got these from ChangeMyTyre.com, who shipped the tyres to a fitment center close to my work place. So, the entire operation took about an hour and was quite convenient.

Right now running the tyres on my stock Indica rims. Need to see how long they will hold up as the Indica rim is notoriously soft and gets bent easily!
Old 25th April 2014, 13:29   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
May be you are right,but Yoko's suffer from the same problem as well.
And Yeah,I have seen Bicycles using Kenda Tyres.
Btw mine are still going on flawlessly,hope they do so till almost EOL.
Dear Akshay,
I am looking to replace old stock GT3 in my linea 1.4. I drive continuously at very high speeds (120-140 on highways)...(80-110 on Mumbai main roads on rel. low traffic), keep changing lanes continuously, and also corner at very high speeds. So my selection criteria for the replacement tyres are:- 1. Confidence while high speed cornering (no body roll) 2. good braking, grip on dry, wet, gravel. I have currently shortlisted 1. Apollo Alnac 4g, 2. Goodyear Assurance and 3. Yoko AVS DB. However, the tempting price of 16k for a set of 4 on CMT.com got me attracted to it. Would you recommed these? Thanks.
Old 25th April 2014, 14:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Dear Akshay,
I am looking to replace old stock GT3 in my linea 1.4. I drive continuously at very high speeds (120-140 on highways)...(80-110 on Mumbai main roads on rel. low traffic), keep changing lanes continuously, and also corner at very high speeds. So my selection criteria for the replacement tyres are:- 1. Confidence while high speed cornering (no body roll) 2. good braking, grip on dry, wet, gravel. I have currently shortlisted 1. Apollo Alnac 4g, 2. Goodyear Assurance and 3. Yoko AVS DB. However, the tempting price of 16k for a set of 4 on CMT.com got me attracted to it. Would you recommed these? Thanks.

I think i got a PM from you on the other forum as well
I used Kenda's for 50K+ kms without any problems.Reviews online are positive as well.

Choose at your own risk.

I am now on Bridgestone Turanza ER60's now.
Somehow i feel,Kenda's had better grip
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 14:57   #34
BANNED

im looking for some feedback on the kenda komet.

it would be really nice if more kenda komet users and come forward and share their experiences of this tyres vs. other brands they have used.

thanks.
Old 7th July 2014, 15:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

it would be really nice if more kenda komet users and come forward and share their experiences of this tyres vs. other brands they have used.

thanks.
After using Kenda Komet for 50K+ kms
And now on Bridgestone Turanza at 24K kms.
I do not see any difference;i can even say that Kenda's were better.
akshay4587 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 15:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I got a chance to drive a cedia with these tyres. The grip levels are spectacular! Very low road noise, I would say these are similar if not slightly better than the C drives.
Captain Slow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 15:47   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post

thanks.
Hey rana_kirti I am pitching in my feedback here for both this and my GT TDI thread, where you have posted your question.

- I am really loving the grip levels of Kenda Komet, having driven my GT for nearly 1500kms.

- I had mentioned on my thread that these are not 'Cheap' but 'Economical' tyres.

- 205 section (205/55 R15) is available in very few brands, Kenda Komet is one of them.

- I honestly think that USP of Kenda Komet is road noise, which is almost whisper quiet.

Quote:

I totally agree with you Akshay.

I have used Bridgestone, Federal & Nankang tyres on my earlier rides. By far, Kenda Komet has been really well balanced between Performance, Grip, Road Noise and availability.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 7th July 2014 at 15:48.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I got a chance to drive a cedia with these tyres. The grip levels are spectacular! Very low road noise, I would say these are similar if not slightly better than the C drives.
Personally didnt like the Kendas on my cousin's lancer. They are brilliant for someone who drives sedately and looks for VFM. But I found them to loose grip at about 90-100 and I should rather not talk about their performance in Rain. The car runs on 185 cross sections against 195 cross section Kumhos that Kendas replaced..The only reason for getting these tires was that the lancer does about 1k kms monthly in city with very sedate driving, so these tires were pure VFM.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2014, 16:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Personally didnt like the Kendas on my cousin's lancer. They are brilliant for someone who drives sedately and looks for VFM. But I found them to loose grip at about 90-100 and I should rather not talk about their performance in Rain. The car runs on 185 cross sections against 195 cross section Kumhos that Kendas replaced..The only reason for getting these tires was that the lancer does about 1k kms monthly in city with very sedate driving, so these tires were pure VFM.
My experience in rain has been opposite in the Linea.
Never ever felt that they will lose grip even at wrong side of 100 in rains.
akshay4587 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th October 2015, 15:42   #40
BHPian

Re-Opening an Old thread! I just ordered Kenda KR23 tyres for my Honda City Zx today. Was impressed by feedback from members in this thread and it was the main contributor in my decision to buy these set of tyres. The deal i got on snapdeal was too mouth watering and i chose the size 175/65/R14, as the car is only run within city limits. i ordered 2 tyres, as i already have the rear ones replaced by Appolo ones of the same size and the front tires needed replacement. Hope i made a good decision, Fingers crossed!
Here's the link on snapdeal if someone wants to have a look
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/kend...-23/1407060262
abhinavinc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 13:40   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Hope i made a good decision, Fingers crossed!
Hey there, you've made a good choice. No need to worry at all. I got Kenda KR 23 -- 195/60 R15 88V -- for my City 2009 and the tyres are superb. The grip is remarkable in both wet and dry conditions.

So, impressed was I with the new shoes that a few months later, my Swift Vdi too got the exact same tyres (KR 23 - 195/60 R15 88V).

I earlier had Bridgestone Potenzas on both my cars and I too decided to switch to Kenda after reading a lot of positive feedback on the net. Though, they lack the "branded tyres" tag but I am more concerned about getting maximum bang for my buck.

Since the tyre change, the Swift has run over 20,000 km and city around 10,000 km with no complaints at all.
captain.torque is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 16:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavinc View Post
Re-Opening an Old thread! I just ordered Kenda KR23 tyres for my Honda City Zx today. Was impressed by feedback from members in this thread and it was the main contributor in my decision to buy these set of tyres. The deal i got on snapdeal was too mouth watering and i chose the size 175/65/R14, as the car is only run within city limits. i ordered 2 tyres, as i already have the rear ones replaced by Appolo ones of the same size and the front tires needed replacement. Hope i made a good decision, Fingers crossed!
Here's the link on snapdeal if someone wants to have a look
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/kend...-23/1407060262
Just to spoil your party, the Kenda tyres are available for a much lower price on PayTM for 2100 bucks if you include the 30% cashback in wallet.

Was thinking of grabbing a couple of tyres for my Figo but decided to postpone them as the tyres seem capable of lasting another 10K KM. I was basically fed with the wheelspin the MRF tyres' induce even in slightly quick acceleration.

I have been hearing good reviews about them from various sources and they seem to be quite decent. On par with normal Bridgestones and the likes. Considering the prices are atleast 50% below popular brands, its truly VFM.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 17th October 2015 at 16:27.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 16:27   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Just to spoil your party, the Kenda tyres are available for a much lower price on PayTM for 2100 bucks if you include the 30% cashback in wallet.

Was thinking of grabbing a couple of tyres for my Figo but decided to postpone them as the tyrees seem capable of lasting another 10K KM. I was basically fed with the wheelspin the MRF tyres' induce even in slightly quick acceleration.
They were available for 2600 on paytm 3 days back and with the cashback offer i cant get a COD order placed. I was a bit skeptical about these tyres and hence didnt want to get in the long refund process if i dont like the tyres when they deliver it.
Anyways besides the price, do you think its a good choice? i bought them for 2300/- each via snapdeal.
Old 17th October 2015, 16:35   #44
BHPian

I have edited my previous post about why I was interested in them. Akshay's reviews shed light on the quietness of the Kenda tyres which is want I want.

While I would stay away from shady tyre brands like linglong, joyroad and the other brand I forgot which I see regularly on Snapdeal, Kenda seem to be a more mature organisation from Taiwan and is not a cheap manufacturer from China(PRC). They seem intent on cracking the North American market so I hope they will be decent. When it comes to tyre noise, anything is better than MRF.
If you are skeptical, try Falken tyres .They are available for 2600. Its a Japanese firm and a part of the Sumitomo Rubber Corporation a big name in Japan.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 17th October 2015 at 16:37.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 15:45   #45
BANNED

I too am looking for vfm tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
I got Kenda KR 23 -- for my City 2009 ....
When did you purchase these tyres? A tyre shop guy said that these tyres become really hard within 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
If you are skeptical, try Falken tyres .They are available for 2600.
Are talking about Falken Sinceras?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks