Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2007, 15:14   #46
BHPian

Hi Ram,
Can you let me know if we can get 155/80 R12 tyres for M800?
Old 15th May 2007, 20:35   #47
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Hi Ram,
Can you let me know if we can get 155/80 R12 tyres for M800?
Hi gopz:
Some days ago, I saw a Maruti 800 in my gated community in Chembur, with Neo 12-inch wheels. Looked pretty cool.
It was wearing Goodyear tubeless 155/75R12 (73T load rating) tires.

Here's a pic.

Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2007, 09:56   #48
Senior - BHPian

There'a a brand called MAXXUS (not sure about the exact spelling, it's probably from Taiwan) in which 155/80/12 is available. I've even seen a 800 sporting them. However, you'll have to modify your stepney area if you plan to fit that size in your stepney too. One of my friend uses them on his old Zen, for improved ground clearance.
Old 16th May 2007, 09:57   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
There'a a brand called MAXXUS (not sure about the exact spelling, it's probably from Taiwan) in which 155/80/12 is available. I've even seen a 800 sporting them. However, you'll have to modify your stepney area if you plan to fit that size in your stepney too. One of my friend uses them on his old Zen, for improved ground clearance.
there's a brand called " MAXXIS"
Old 16th May 2007, 10:11   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
there's a brand called " MAXXIS"
Thanks for the correction!
You study at YMCA by any chance?
Old 16th May 2007, 10:25   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by directinjection View Post
You study at YMCA by any chance?
Yes i do ...........
Old 18th May 2007, 13:53   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram View Post
Hi gopz:
Some days ago, I saw a Maruti 800 in my gated community in Chembur, with Neo 12-inch wheels. Looked pretty cool.
It was wearing Goodyear tubeless 155/75R12 (73T load rating) tires.

Here's a pic.

Ram,
I think I will go in for 145/80R12. U have been using this for more than a year now, do you think its worth the upgrade? I have a 2001 5 speed 800 which is due for a tyre change, do you recommend the same size which you had installed in your car?
Old 19th May 2007, 07:48   #53
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
Ram,
I think I will go in for 145/80R12. U have been using this for more than a year now, do you think its worth the upgrade? I have a 2001 5 speed 800 which is due for a tyre change, do you recommend the same size which you had installed in your car?
Over a Maruti 800 with stock radials, the 80% aspect ratio radials have improved both cushioned ride quality and fuel economy.

It has definitely been a worthwhile upgrade for me.

The taller side walls flex more while cornering, marginally increasing understeer and making you slow down while cornering. I wish the front-end geometry were stiffer, so I intend to install a strut brace across the McPherson towers.

Ram
Ram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2007, 14:40   #54
BHPian

hi, ijust upgraded from goodyear gps 2 s to the potenza g3 165 60 r12 and though it hasnt affected fuel economy in a big way would suggest these tires if u are a spirited driver. the grip these tyres offer is outstanding .
Old 12th August 2007, 01:28   #55

I want to know and compare the gear ratios of maruti 800 and alto. Please help.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:09   #56
BHPian

Well I need to change the tyres of my m800 (2002). The car has clocked 39000 kms. Don't know what is the approx run of stock tyres. But today morning I saw the steel wires and thread weaving of front left tyre. I think it needs to be replaced immediately. My 5th tyre is almost unused. I have few queries now.

1) Which company tyres should I go for ? I don't want an upsize.

2) Can I replace only the front tyres, as other two in the back seems fine.
Is it recommended ?

3) What happens to the old tyres ? Do they buy them or they are just scrap ?

Thanks.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:19   #57
BHPian

@navdeep

you can change just the front 2 tyres if the rear tyres are OK. (probably you can use the spare tyre)

the old tyres are just scrap !!
Old 14th August 2007, 14:24   #58
rks
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by navdeep View Post
Well I need to change the tyres of my m800 (2002). The car has clocked 39000 kms. Don't know what is the approx run of stock tyres. But today morning I saw the steel wires and thread weaving of front left tyre. I think it needs to be replaced immediately. My 5th tyre is almost unused. I have few queries now.

2) Can I replace only the front tyres, as other two in the back seems fine.
Is it recommended ?
Looks like you have not rotated your tyres. So the front tyres have worn out faster.

According to my Hyundai manual, the first preference is that you should replace all four of your tyres, especially since they have done 39000 kms already. You could continue to use your existing spare tyre as spare, and rotate your new tyres every 5000 kms. In case of puncture, you should use your spare wheel only temporarily till the puncture is fixed. The more expensive and better alternative is to replace all five of your tyres (especially since all your tyres are now at least 5 years old) and do a 5-tyre rotation pattern, i.e., include the spare wheel in your rotation scheme.

As a second preference, if you insist on extracting more life out of your existing rear tyres, you should rotate them to the front and fit your new tyres at the rear. If you put your new tyres at the front, your car could oversteer while taking curves. Most car manufacturers now recommend putting new tyres at the rear, as understeer is easier and safer to control than oversteer.

In any case do not put tyres of different tread patterns on the same axle and do not mix radial tyres with non-radials. I.e., if your present tyres are non-radials, you should replace all 5 of your tyres with radials (which are preferred to the cross-ply or bias-ply tyres). Regarding other queries I am sure M800 owners will respond.

Last edited by rks : 14th August 2007 at 14:31.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:25   #59
BHPian

If I am not wrong front tyres should be new/best or Should I put new tyres in the rear and move older tyres to front.

@rks : just read your post after I posted this.

Last edited by navdeep : 14th August 2007 at 14:26.
Old 14th August 2007, 14:37   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
Looks like you have not rotated your tyres. So the front tyres have worn out faster.
You are right. I never did that. Although I should have. laziness ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rks View Post
In any case do not put tyres of different tread patterns on the same axle and do not mix radial tyres with non-radials. I.e., if your present tyres are non-radials, you should replace all 5 of your tyres with radials (which are preferred to the cross-ply or bias-ply tyres). Regarding other queries I am sure M800 owners will respond.
Yeah they are radial from good year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks