Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2012, 20:44   #1
BHPian

Yokohama Advan Sports: How are they?

Guys,

My Cruze LTZ is coming in about 10 days and I did a little advance window shopping for rims and tyres today. Found some nice BSA rims (more on that later) and the dealer also quotes me 11k (per tyre) for Yokohama Advan Sports 225/50 R17s.

So two questions:

1. How good are the Advan Sport tyres? Im a fan of Yokohama in general (A-drives on my Swift DDis and S-drives on my Ikon 1.6) but hven't come across any reviews here about them.

2. Is 11k a tyre a good price? The other options I don't mind considering are the Continental CPC2s (no quote yet) and the Michelin Primary LCs (12k per tyre).

MODS: Used the search and didn't find any threads with opinions on the Yoko Advans. Please merge if there is indeed a thread.

Last edited by ghostrider : 11th February 2012 at 20:46.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 20:49   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Yokohama Advan Sports: How are they?

Have the same size on my Accord, and these are absolutely brilliant tyres. The grip is beaten only by the Advan Neovas and the comfort is pretty good too. Honestly don't think twice just get them. BTW who is your tyre dealer, and what is the manufacturing date on the tyres?
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 21:11   #3
BHPian

Been using the same tyres on my 525D for the past 20k kms and all I can say is I am extremely happy with their comfort and the grip is very good.
Would highly recommend these and wouldn't mind using them again myself.
Amey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2012, 21:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

I thought Michelin Primacy LCs are equally good, if not better than Advan? Also, have you considered Yoko dB series?
Old 11th February 2012, 21:45   #5
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I thought Michelin Primacy LCs are equally good, if not better than Advan? Also, have you considered Yoko dB series?
Dude these are a different level than Primacy LCs. Pilot Sport 3 is comparable. Yoko DB, is a comfort tyre, whereas the Advan would give the comfort of DB with much better grip and a little more noise.
Old 11th February 2012, 22:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Like Akshay said, these are don't think twice before getting these tires. Very nice tires, the grip levels are amazing, I am using the same tire on my cruze 225/50/17 and they are a perfect upsize.

I recently did a Delhi-Chandigarh trip, while coming back I drove the car hard the entire trip and these tires won't simple let you go. Very happy with them.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ugr8 View Post
Like Akshay said, these are don't think twice before getting these tires. Very nice tires, the grip levels are amazing, I am using the same tire on my cruze 225/50/17 and they are a perfect upsize.
I recently did a Delhi-Chandigarh trip, while coming back I drove the car hard the entire trip and these tires won't simple let you go. Very happy with them.
Thanks m4ugr8. 225/50 17 is indeed the perfect upsize. Did a ton of research and realized that 245/45 is possibly too low and would make the steering heavier. Glad to know you're happy with the tyres.
Btw... could I ask how much you got as the buyback for your Cruze stock rims and tyres? I'm being offered 22k which seems a little low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Dude these are a different level than Primacy LCs. Pilot Sport 3 is comparable. Yoko DB, is a comfort tyre, whereas the Advan would give the comfort of DB with much better grip and a little more noise.
Thanks akshay1234. Are they noisy, per se? The only grouse I've ever had against the A-drives are they tend to be a little noisy on concrete roads. Most tyres are noisy on concrete / cement roads but I always felt the A-drives tended to be a little noisier. Fantastic tyre though for the entry-segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Not yet Nishant. Price being equal I'd choose the Yokos because I've had a good experience with them. Are they dB series quieter tyres?
Btw.. I was also offered Pirelli P7s at roughly the same price bracket (12k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amey View Post
Been using the same tyres on my 525D for the past 20k kms and all I can say is I am extremely happy with their comfort and the grip is very good.Would highly recommend these and wouldn't mind using them again myself.
Good to know, thanks Amey.

Quote:
Have the same size on my Accord, and these are absolutely brilliant tyres. The grip is beaten only by the Advan Neovas and the comfort is pretty good too. Honestly don't think twice just get them. BTW who is your tyre dealer, and what is the manufacturing date on the tyres?
Thanks Akshay. I went to Pal's and he quoted me about 11.4k for the Advan Sports, to be honest. He actually stocks Goodyear and Dunlop but he said he'd call for the Yokos if I wanted them. I'll check the date when I actually confirm the tyres.

Last edited by ghostrider : 12th February 2012 at 10:58.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:26   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post

Thanks Akshay. I went to Pal's and he quoted me about 11.4k for the Advan Sports, to be honest. He actually stocks Goodyear and Dunlop but he said he'd call for the Yokos if I wanted them. I'll check the date when I actually confirm the tyres.
Ok so Ranvir, guess I'll have to give him a call again, have been looking for Advan Sports.

These are wider tyres so there will be more of a contact patch which means more noise. I've never used A-Drives so I can't comment, but its never loud enough to bother you.
Old 12th February 2012, 11:39   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Ok so Ranvir, guess I'll have to give him a call again, have been looking for Advan Sports.

These are wider tyres so there will be more of a contact patch which means more noise. I've never used A-Drives so I can't comment, but its never loud enough to bother you.
Hahahahahaha!
I guess we all go to the same guys. There's another guy I go to (Metro Tyres). This guy stocks Yokos exclusively... if you don't have his details let me know and I'll send them to you.

Quote:
Can't say the same for the Swift though. The combination of cement-road noise and the fairly rudimentary noise dampening on the Swift sometimes makes for a noisy ride once you cross a 100.
ghostrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 15:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
Thanks m4ugr8. 225/50 17 is indeed the perfect upsize. Did a ton of research and realized that 245/45 is possibly too low and would make the steering heavier. Glad to know you're happy with the tyres.
Btw... could I ask how much you got as the buyback for your Cruze stock rims and tyres? I'm being offered 22k which seems a little low.
I did not sell my OE Rims and tires, have them with me only. I put them on when going for outstation trips.
Old 11th June 2017, 09:52   #11
BHPian

Can anyone help me locate Yokohama Adavan Neova AD07/08 225/45/17 in Bangalore? The only ones available have been the advan sport v105s.
Old 11th June 2017, 12:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterPatrol View Post
Can anyone help me locate Yokohama Adavan Neova AD07/08 225/45/17 in Bangalore? The only ones available have been the advan sport v105s.
They have been discontinued in India. You would have to import them personally

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks