Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2018, 08:13   #286
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
We are all set to go to Ladakh on 11th may 2018. We are going to take one of my friends(he is also joining) XUV 500 W6. XUV is 3.2 years old with 45k on the odometer. Change of tyre is due. Ladakh and myself are involved, so now it's my responsibility to finalize tyres and get it replaced.

I went through this entire thread and that made me confused. I am not able to decide the suitable tyres. Please advice! Moreover, is it advisable to go for a long(6000+km) trip just after buying new tyres?
SJM1214, at 45ks changing tyres is not an option. You have to do them esp when doing Ladakh. Since you will be covering tough terrain consider AT tyres. Yoko G015 or Pirelli Scorpion ATR if you want to shell out some bucks. For cheaper options consider Goodyear Wrangler ATSA
Old 2nd May 2018, 23:23   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunRD View Post
Finally got new tyres for the car today. Here's a summary of the experience.

3. Deal. Like i brought out in my previous post, only the Scorpion ATRs were on discount and were retailing for 10,200 per tyre. The Verdes however, i finally got for 11,200 per tyre. Got a good buyback of Rs 8000 for my old tyres, including the unused spare which was also 2015 vintage. Decided to part with it and put one of the better old rear tyre as spare.
The pricing looks great. How are the tyres performing. Also do you mind sharing dealer's detail, I'm also looking out for good deal for my XUV change of tyres.
Old 3rd May 2018, 11:23   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav_K View Post
It comes with Bridgestone 235/60 r18 tyres.

Would i be better off exchanging them once out of showroom for something better? Pirelli verde seems to be the popular choice here! How much can i expect for the oem tyres once out of showroom?
To be honest, I would advise you to run the Bridgestones till the first replacement comes up. They are the best among the OEM tyres, and notwithstanding all the discussions here, the OEM tyres are capable of handling everything on Indian roads. Just that the imported and high performance tyres give a better experience.
Of course, if your heart is set on replacing immediately, then its a different matter. In that case, you can expect up to 80% (or more) of the price of the tyres since they're brand new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
XUV is 3.2 years old with 45k on the odometer. Change of tyre is due. Ladakh and myself are involved, so now it's my responsibility to finalize tyres and get it replaced.

I went through this entire thread and that made me confused. I am not able to decide the suitable tyres. Please advice! Moreover, is it advisable to go for a long(6000+km) trip just after buying new tyres?
1. Change of tyres is certainly warranted, specially since Ladakh is involved. Please do it ASAP, so you get 3-4 days of drive time before the long trip.
2. You may consider HT or AT tyres, depending on your driving pattern. You may look up my previous post in this regard. In both cases, you would not go wrong with Pirelli, Michelin or Yokohama among the imported tyre brands.
3. There is no problem whatsoever in a long trip after a fresh tyre replacement. Just save a couple of days to check out any issues in alignment and balancing. I would also recommend a 120 kmph run(if possible) on a highway for even a few minutes, as balancing issues invariably lead to a slight jitter on that speed limit. But then this is not mandatory. Do keep checking your tyres on the drive for any uneven tread wear, which would indicate any problem in alignment/ balancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
The pricing looks great. How are the tyres performing. Also do you mind sharing dealer's detail, I'm also looking out for good deal for my XUV change of tyres.
The tyres are doing great Saurabh. They are handling the potholed roads very smoothly too in the area around where I live. The highway experience, I've already mentioned. They have my recommendation!
I picked up the tyres from a dealer in Chandigarh, when I was on leave. If you want, I can give you further details.
injunRD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 14:46   #289
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

After 55K of a really quite, comfortable, sure footed high speed highway rides on all roads India has to offer with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season 255/60 R17, I got a new set of Tyres. The Yokohama 255/60 R17 Geolander SUV. My initial impression is, well, I should have stuck to the Pirellis. Not for anything else but the looks and the brand value. Don't get me wrong, the Yokos are silent enough, seem pretty similar in gripping and braking, trust me I've tested it pretty hard but the Tyres do not look as wide despite the same tread. They are noisier on the not so well tarmaced roads and I can feel the rumble strips, a well know XUV weakness, more than I used to on the Pirellis. I just wish the Pirellis were available in Chandigarh when I went in for the change. I was asked to wait for a minimum of 10 days and since I didn't have the time I went in for the second choice in my list.
The experience of getting the Tyres, WA AND WB was great as always with Bansal Auto Zone. And they gave me a sweet price of 11300/ tyre with WA and WB thrown in for free.
One thing though. The Yoko Geos are supposed to last longer. Longer than 55K? Well that I've got to see.
Old 29th May 2018, 09:58   #290
BHPian

I've been planning my next set of tyres for the Dmax, no rush - just under 30k on the current ones (cheapo Ceat Czar AT R17). Looking for suggestions for a good AT option; we're in the 80:20 group, the latter being offroad. The truck does take loads especially when camping, so perhaps an XL option would be apt.

Sorry for the multiple questions, but does anyone buy tyres off Amazon? Their deals are pretty sweet. Goodyear AT SA 265/65 R17 @ 9675, Geolandar AT/S @ 11480 as of today. Any feedback would be most appreciated.
Old 2nd June 2018, 15:26   #291
BHPian

I'm planning to change the tyres for my XUV. Is it advisable to change only 2 tyres at a time? I'm asking this as my 2 tyres need change in next 5-10k kms while the other 2 are good for another 25-30k based on the depth left. As far as choice of tyres are concerned I'm tilted towards Michelin Latitude Sport 3. But one thing I'm finding strange is the pricing in Mumbai. The best price I've got for these are upward of 14k, even for other tyres like Bridgestone Dueler ( the best I got was 13k) or Yoko or Pirelli the prices are almost 30-40% higher from other cities. Any particular reason for this?
Old 2nd June 2018, 21:53   #292
BHPian

Quote:
I'm planning to change the tyres for my XUV. Is it advisable to change only 2 tyres at a time? I'm asking this as my 2 tyres need change in next 5-10k kms while the other 2 are good for another 25-30k based on the depth left. As far as choice of tyres are concerned I'm tilted towards Michelin Latitude Sport 3. But one thing I'm finding strange is the pricing in Mumbai. The best price I've got for these are upward of 14k, even for other tyres like Bridgestone Dueler ( the best I got was 13k) or Yoko or Pirelli the prices are almost 30-40% higher from other cities. Any particular reason for this?

You can try and contact Pal tyres in Santacruz. Recently bought 4 tyres from them and got a good price.

About the tyre prices in bombay, I concur with your observation. Most dealers I have had the fortune to deal with have more of a take it or leave it kind of attitude. Just show the price list and say that they won't budge much. Even loyalty or references have stopped working for me now..

You can change 2 tyres at a time. Just ensure you put the fresh set on the rear. Also try and find out the reason why 2 tyres wore out prematurely.

Please do update your experience.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 3rd June 2018, 18:42   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple_car View Post
You can try and contact Pal tyres in Santacruz. Recently bought 4 tyres from them and got a good price.

About the tyre prices in bombay, I concur with your observation. Most dealers I have had the fortune to deal with have more of a take it or leave it kind of attitude. Just show the price list and say that they won't budge much.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Well the best quotes which I got were from Pal Tyres itself. Which tyres did you buy and what was the price? They had Goodyear which are on some offer and are below 10k but as I'm inclined to Michelin Latitude Sport 3 the best I could get was around 14+. But honestly the prices quoted in other cities are way lesser than what we are getting in Mumbai.
saurabhkum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 20:37   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Well the best quotes which I got were from Pal Tyres itself. Which tyres did you buy and what was the price? They had Goodyear which are on some offer and are below 10k but as I'm inclined to Michelin Latitude Sport 3 the best I could get was around 14+. But honestly the prices quoted in other cities are way lesser than what we are getting in Mumbai.

I bought Michelin P3ST's 245/R17 final price of 11.8k per tyre inclusive of everything. Yes, Pal did try a lot to push the Goodyears, but I am not a fan of the same, so refused.

What are the quotes you are getting outside the city?

All the best.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Old 27th June 2018, 18:30   #295

Guys need an input.
I am getting a deal for 4 Pirelli ATRs 235/65R17 for 40k including alignment and balancing in Gurgaon. The tyres are 2018 W10 manufactured. How does it sound? Should I go ahead? My running is 70% city, 20% highway and about 10% off road, mostly to remote Himalayas.
Old 1st July 2018, 01:06   #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh01 View Post
I am getting a deal for 4 Pirelli ATRs 235/65R17 for 40k including alignment and balancing in Gurgaon. The tyres are 2018 W10 manufactured. How does it sound? Should I go ahead? My running is 70% city, 20% highway and about 10% off road, mostly to remote Himalayas.
Not a bad deal. But also not something you'll miss if you dont take it immediately. For some reason, scorpion ATRs have a deal going on for a while now, average around 10k per tyre.
I'm on scorpion Verde s, but ATR review on this thread has been quite good.
Let us know what you go with.
Old 5th July 2018, 00:46   #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunRD View Post
Not a bad deal. But also not something you'll miss if you dont take it immediately. For some reason, scorpion ATRs have a deal going on for a while now, average around 10k per tyre.
I'm on scorpion Verde s, but ATR review on this thread has been quite good.
Let us know what you go with.
Finally took the deal. 4 S-ATRs at 40k. The dealer threw in free alignment, balancing and pirelli branded valves. Good experience overall.
Old 17th July 2018, 23:05   #298
BHPian

I drive a XUV W8 2012 model with stock Bridgestone HT tyres. Just crossed the 1,20,000kms mark on the odo with stock tyres. And they still have juice to go another 7-8k kms. The ride has become a little bumpy but road grip is still decent.

I fail to understand how come other XUV owners here are getting 40 / 50k life on their tyres. I spoke to Tyre dealers in my city and mechanics at the Mahindra dealership, both said that on an average Bridgestone gives 80k life, others give about 50k life.
Old 26th July 2018, 14:25   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
My experience:
The Bridgestone Duellers were stock in my XUV and they lasted longer.
Being in Bangalore, can you help me where did you get your Pirelli tyres from?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th July 2018 at 15:00. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Inconveniences small screen users. Thanks.
Old 26th July 2018, 22:48   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave20 View Post
Being in Bangalore, can you help me where did you get your Pirelli tyres from?
I got it from Tyre Empire in Whitefeild. But this is like 2 years ago! Not sure if they are still dealing the size and stock anymore.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks