Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 13th November 2018, 11:53   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Can you please share the total cost and where you got them from? I am looking for same in Bangalore.

Meanwhile a general question to all - Bridgestone Duelers go sometimes upto 1 lac+ km as per this thread and on the other hand a Michelin goes 40 to 70k kms. By normal calculation does it simply mean that Michelin being a soft compound tyre offers MUCH MUCH more grip than Bridgestone Duelers? I own the plush new xuv hardly 2 months old, but don't have much confidence at high speeds especially while braking and cornering with the Bridgestone Duelers.

A SWAP OFFER IN HAND - My friend (read as best friend ) in Noida needs to change his worn out tyres but doesnt want to invest much since he is planning to sell it off in 6 months to 1 yr. So we thought of a super swap where I take the new Michelin's in Blr and courier my Bridgestone Duelers to him to Noida! My net investment after swap is around 17-20k, so just wondering whether I should just let go my almost new Bridgestone Duelers since I have hardly done 5k kms so far.

Please advice.

First of all i had to shell out a Rs 51,400/- for my set of 4 Michelin Primacy SUV tyres. I bought mine through outlet called Tyre Empire in whitefield. The cost of Michelins are higher than that of the Yokohamas and other brands, even the Michelin LTX forcecost the same which are AT tyres. These guys were quite knowledgeable as well compared to other dealers and cost wise also i found all dealers quoting the same. Also got a Michelin tyre inflator as complimentary for online booking there. I found their machinery for balancing, alignment, to be quite high tech and the guys were professional did excellent job.

Regarding Bridgestone Duellers you are right they last really long, I changed mine at 75K KM and they were 5.5years old but still had decent amount of tread left. I could have have done another 15K Km without any issues. Since i do a lot of highway driving, i found it more sensible to get them changed and enjoy the benefits rather than driving around in doubt.

Bridgestone Duellers were really good and served me very well. They are much better in comparison to JK tyres and Apollo tyres that are being given as OEM tyres now for newer XUVs in terms of grip and noise levels. I have driven both JK and Apollo in friend's XUVs. Also i feel that you were fortunate that you get Bridgestone Duellers and mind you Bridgestone Duellers are not cheap either.

My suggestion in general would be to get the JKs and Apollos swapped immediately, but Bridgestone

Duellers are not bad as such. But in case you are really interested in swapping to Michelins and get a good deal for your Duellers, then go ahead with the swap you won't regret it at all.

Last edited by GTO : 14th November 2018 at 07:23. Reason: BS = Bridgestone. Please do NOT use such acronyms. Only full names please
sridhar24 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2018, 14:16   #332

Default Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Could someone please comment on the overall quality of Pirelli Scorpions. These tyres appear to be much lighter than others and only slightly more expensive than Goodyear Wranglers.
Lighter tyres means better pick up and more mileage. I would like to know how long they last.
Request inputs please
kris_t is offline   Reply With Quote