Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2015, 20:55   #61
BHPian

Re: Tyre Replacement for XUV500 - Essentials vs Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Hi All
So I decided to do best with what I have and am driving with the same Apterra. However, I am looking to change them around the 35k mark (I know a tad early but I really want a better ride quality).

When I went for a preliminary market survey for tyres, I realised there are actually limited choice for my configuration - 235//65//17

So, to summarise, the following OEM choices are available:

JK Tyre Elanzo - ~11k INR
Apollo Apterra H/P - ~11k INR
Bridgestone Dueler - ~15k INR

I was surprised to see such a big gap between Bridgestone and other OEMs. No wonder XUVs now shipping with cheaper tyres. Although they should have maintained standards on atleast the W8s.

A surprise entry was Hankook Dynapro H/P ~12k INR. I dont have any experience with this brand and any comments/service issues/experiences are welcome

What was even more surprising is the gap between local and foreign brands. Here is a summary:

Michelin Latitude Tour H/P - ~22.5k INR
Pirelli Scorpion Verde - ~17k INR
Falken Wildpeak HT01 - ~16k INR

Thanks!
Hi,
Have you changed your tyres?
If you changed the tyres,
What model / make did you go for?
Didnt you check any Yokohomo tyres for XUV?
Anybody gave feedback on hankook tyres?
In your opinon which tyre is suitable for a 80k km mileage?

What did you do to the existing tyres which had done just 35K?
Got a good offer for them?

Best regards
Bala
Old 12th August 2015, 00:29   #62
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Guys, any feedback for XUV tyres especially - Michelin, Continental & Falken? How is Goodyear Wrangler? My ride is demanding the change of tyres and I am seriously confused since there are no feedbacks about it except Michelin. The dealer advised to go for Continental than Michelin. Price for Michelin at 15.5k and Continental at 16k.
Changed my XUV's tyres two months back to Michelin. Below is the price-list per tyre for various branded XUV tyres -
1) JK Elanzo 8k
2) Falken - 8.5k
3) Apollo - 9k
4) Bridgestone Dueler - 12.5k
5) Michelin - 15k
6) Continental - 16k
7) Yokohama - 18k

Initially opted for Falken since I intend to sell my car post 1-Lac kms. (current ODO at 55k) but due to some goof-up by dealer & unavailability at last moment, he offered Michelin at discounted price of 14k. Hence opted for Michelin considering VFM, performance & peace of mind.

Last edited by superbhikari : 12th August 2015 at 00:33. Reason: correction in price
Old 21st August 2015, 07:54   #63
BHPian

Re: Tyre Replacement for XUV500 - Essentials vs Luxury

Hi Balan, Your Qs answered below..

Quote:
Originally Posted by balan View Post
Hi,
Have you changed your tyres? - Not yet
If you changed the tyres,
What model / make did you go for? - From a lot of discussion realised Michelin LAtitude Tour should be my best bet
Didnt you check any Yokohomo tyres for XUV? - For XUV only the top end range > 20k available. dont want to stretch till there
Anybody gave feedback on hankook tyres? - apparently there are huge warranty and service issues
In your opinon which tyre is suitable for a 80k km mileage? - No one- I think you should not keep tyres till 80k. 50k for a car of XUV's size tops

What did you do to the existing tyres which had done just 35K?
Got a good offer for them? - Still ahvent done 35k. Not expecting to get more than 2k per tyre for them

Best regards
Bala
Old 21st August 2015, 10:28   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
7) Yokohama - 18k
Is Yokohama out with a 235/65/17"? Any pictures of the same?
Old 7th September 2015, 16:17   #65
KAN
BHPian

Any feedback on the MRF Wanderer 265/65R17 for XUV 500?

My experience with MRF has been mixed. I had replaced all 4 on my Honda city to MRF. The grip is good but I feel they make noise and most importantly they are getting worn out very quickly!!

However I think it is a different ball game when it comes to SUV and my experience with a sedan might not be comparable. Please advise.
Old 9th September 2015, 00:33   #66
BHPian

Changed the tyres on my XUV a few days ago. The tyres were almost worse out. These were Apollo Hawks hp. These might have lasted another 10k with a few punctures here n there. Had I limited my driving to within city limits, may be I would have stretched their life, but eventually decided to get peace of mind.
The Apollos had served me quite well. They do wear out quite fast as compared to Bridgestone duellers, but are also equivalently priced. I bought 3 tyres for 10k each and got fitting, alignment & balancing done free, which is quite normal. Paid 630₹ for balancing weights.
My logic behind this whole decision was that I have driven satisfactorily for 41k kms on apollos until now and spending another 30k and putting my spare wheel in use will give me another 40k of good quality driving. I am completely satisfied with Apollo tyres. They are absolutely quite, handle all kinds of roads with ease and inspired confidence for day long highway drives.
That's just my way of looking at tyres vis a vis money.
Old 9th September 2015, 06:47   #67
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Is Yokohama out with a 235/65/17"? Any pictures of the same?
Kindly excuse the really late response.

Yes, Yokos have 235/65 R17 available in Advan ST2 series. Cost about 18-20K per tyre. Yokos also have Geolanders available in the same size for quite some time which are much cheaper.
Old 9th September 2015, 11:10   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Yes, Yokos have 235/65 R17 available in Advan ST2 series. Cost about 18-20K per tyre. Yokos also have Geolanders available in the same size for quite some time which are much cheaper.
Advan ST2 would be a car tire I believe. Geolanders are the ones which will suit the XUV/NG Scorpio.

I wish LTX AT2 were available in this size. I can buy a LTX AT2 or a Geolander for my VLX but for my S10 4WD, I don't really want to go for either Latitudes or Geolandrers. Geolander would be a better bet IMO if LTX AT2 isn't available then.
Old 9th September 2015, 11:14   #69
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Advan ST2 would be a car tire I believe. Geolanders are the ones which will suit the XUV/NG Scorpio.

I wish LTX AT2 were available in this size. I can buy a LTX AT2 or a Geolander for my VLX but for my S10 4WD, I don't really want to go for either Latitudes or Geolandrers. Geolander would be a better bet IMO if LTX AT2 isn't available then.
Advan ST2 is a SUV-tyre series. More like softroaders/crossovers. I see them available in Q3/Q5/X3 sizes. Directed more towards high-end cars. That should explain the exorbitant price tag.

Geolanders should do just fine.
Old 29th October 2015, 22:43   #70
BHPian

Hi guys !! My close pal was on the lookout for a new car and was eyeing various segments over the past 3 months. He finally zeroed in on xuv 5oo w 10 model due for delivery in 5 days.
I have suggested him to replace the noisy Bridgestone duellers immediately after delivery.
We have the option of OEM size yokohoma advan and continental cross contact or 255/60 R 17 Pirelli scorpion verde. Which Will be the Best Buy considering budget is not an issue?
The dealer suggested against upsizing citing the wider tracks may protrude outside body and cause of spraying of mud on the windshield which I am skeptical about. If it's OEM I am thinking of going for continental. If 255 will be trouble free, will go for Pirelli scorpion. Awaiting tech gurus suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 30th October 2015, 10:29   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by printh View Post
Hi guys !! My close pal was on the lookout for a new car and was eyeing various segments over the past 3 months. He finally zeroed in on xuv 5oo w 10 model due for delivery in 5 days.
I have suggested him to replace the noisy Bridgestone duellers immediately after delivery.
What is the offer for continental you are getting?
How much is the buy back offer for the factory fitted tyres you are getting?
Old 30th October 2015, 10:54   #72
BHPian

Quote:
What is the offer for continental you are getting?
How much is the buy back offer for the factory fitted tyres you are getting?

The dealer said the price for buyback will be quoted by him on Monday - D day.
Prices quoted were,
1. Pirelli 255/60 R 17 - 15,400 INR
2. Yoko advan ST OEM size - 16,650 INR
3. Continental OEM size - 18,540 INR
pirellis price is final whereas the other are negotiable.
Any idea about buyback price so that I can bargain a bit? The new stock ones cost 15,400 INR (online rate).
Old 29th November 2015, 22:07   #73
BHPian

Apollo or JK Elanzo
I Have finally decided to change my tyres at 65K km. Presently it is running on JK Elanzo company stock tyres.
Snapdeal is offering JK Elanzo at 6900 per tyre
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/jk-t...ize/2056175583
whereas changemytyre.com is offering at 10K per tyre. Market prices seem to around 9.5K.

Apollo Apterra is 9550 in snapdeal whereas in chanegmytyre it is 10900
How is snapdeal giving so low rates? Is there a catch to it? Are these old stocks or company rejects? If these tyres are good ones, then I suppose it is a bargain.
Please advise
Regards
Bala
Old 30th November 2015, 16:48   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Apollo Apterra is 9550 in snapdeal whereas in chanegmytyre it is 10900
After the Apollo OE tyres, I went for Apterra for second set & not happy with its performance. Done closer to 50k with this tyre & wanted to get rid of this. Michelin Latitude Tour HP or Bridgestone Dueller is what I am thinking as of now

Was told with Michelin Latitude the tyre life may be between 35-40k & 55-60k with Bridgestone Dueller..as I clock comparatively higher, may go for BS

Since you're in Bangalore, you can get in touch with Nikhilb2008
Old 1st December 2015, 13:31   #75
Senior - BHPian

How are Falken,Maxxiz and Hankook rated for XUV? Are they decent enough in terms of reliability and are they better than JK in terms of road noise? Anyone?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks