Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2016, 13:00   #121
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

can someone provide feedback on goodyear wrangler HP A/T?
I could not find any reviews for this tyre anywhere.
Old 14th July 2016, 11:18   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Hi Avimal

I just completed 1000 kms on the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs and have to say they are miles ahead of the OEM Apollo Apterras.

The only negative is that I have noticed a 0.3 kmpl fall in fuel efficiency.

Among the positives, they handle road abuse a lot better. On high speeds, they remain supremely planted. On an empty stretch with no traffic whatsoever, I stretched my XUV all the way to 160 and did not feel the slightest wobbliness on the steering.

They glide over Mumbai's undulated roads with ease. I think, given their groove structure they are a tad noisy but nothing I cant live with. Here is a pic of my outgoing and incoming tyres side by side.

Hope this helps with your decision..

Cheers
I am done with search on MRF wanderer AT as it is not available on all of the shops that enquired here in Bangalore. Also I found all the MRF dealers very rude and non-cooperating.

I am getting pirelli scorpian ATR for stock size at Rs 12,800. Are you on stock size tyre or it is 255 profile. Upsize might be the reason for drop in FE.
Old 14th July 2016, 13:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I am done with search on MRF wanderer AT as it is not available on all of the shops that enquired here in Bangalore. Also I found all the MRF dealers very rude and non-cooperating.

I am getting pirelli scorpian ATR for stock size at Rs 12,800. Are you on stock size tyre or it is 255 profile. Upsize might be the reason for drop in FE.
Please check manufacturing dates of the tyre before you change them.Scorpion ATR is good tyre but bit high on road noise.
Old 14th July 2016, 14:06   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Please check manufacturing dates of the tyre before you change them.Scorpion ATR is good tyre but bit high on road noise.
It is June, 2016 manufactured. will noise be the concern even at low speed ( < 90 km/h)?
Old 14th July 2016, 14:17   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good.I found them to be more noisy than stock apterras even at slow speeds.I think all A/T tyres are high on noise than H/Ts.But A/T offers more resistance to punctures and grip.I did a kerala Ladakh drive last month on all worse terrains without a single punture with scorpion ATRs.
Old 14th July 2016, 16:44   #126
BHPian

Guys, any feedback on the Ceat Czar HT for the XUV? The price advantage is huge, but does it come with any risk? My run is mostly in Bangalore with 20% highway stints. I'm not sure if I should consider the ATs.

Last edited by luvurride : 14th July 2016 at 17:01.
Old 17th July 2016, 08:35   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Thats good.I found them to be more noisy than stock apterras even at slow speeds.I think all A/T tyres are high on noise than H/Ts.But A/T offers more resistance to punctures and grip.I did a kerala Ladakh drive last month on all worse terrains without a single punture with scorpion ATRs.
Replaced two with pirelli. It is week 7, 16 manufactured which should be ok keeping shipment in mind. Quick look i found they are not very hard on side walls but not soft as Michelins. Noise is little more compared to my previous HT tyres but it is not noticeable on mild music. I always run with some music. Drive on bad road looks more planted now. Will share details feedback after driving few thousands of km. So far I am happy with the decision
Old 7th August 2016, 01:08   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
Replaced two with pirelli. It is week 7, 16 manufactured which should be ok keeping shipment in mind. Quick look i found they are not very hard on side walls but not soft as Michelins. Noise is little more compared to my previous HT tyres but it is not noticeable on mild music. I always run with some music. Drive on bad road looks more planted now. Will share details feedback after driving few thousands of km. So far I am happy with the decision
Hope you have spend some KM with the tyres . How are they holding up ?
where did you buy it from in Bangalore and at what price ?
My Stock Apollos are giving up slowly with 30k on the clock. I am in the lookout for the new tyres and confused between Michelins & Pirelli. I drive 70 % in city and 30 % in Highway. No real off-roading as now a days Bangalore roads are providing me off-roading experience .
I am bit biased towards Michelins ( expecting that the ride quality will improve) as XUV's hard suspension is breaking my back already but the forum's advice is vital.
Old 7th August 2016, 15:02   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Hope you have spend some KM with the tyres . How are they holding up ?
where did you buy it from in Bangalore and at what price ?
My Stock Apollos are giving up slowly with 30k on the clock. I am in the lookout for the new tyres and confused between Michelins & Pirelli. I drive 70 % in city and 30 % in Highway. No real off-roading as now a days Bangalore roads are providing me off-roading experience .
I am bit biased towards Michelins ( expecting that the ride quality will improve) as XUV's hard suspension is breaking my back already but the forum's advice is vital.
Done 1000 km. Pirelli is good and is not bad at high speed. I found nothing to complain till 100 kmph. They shine on bad roads for sure. For Bangalore road, these tyres are just perfect. I got from tyre empire varthur main road ( opposite sigma tech park). I found Michelin too soft on sides for my liking.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 22:43   #130
BHPian

Hi! I am in same dilemma. I have used Michelin in innova and Honda city and just love the ride quality.
I would really appreciate if someone can guide whether Michelin latitude tour is better then pirelli as till now I have only used energy xm2 in both innova and city.
Old 10th August 2016, 12:35   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by salvation View Post
Hi! I am in same dilemma. I have used Michelin in innova and Honda city and just love the ride quality.
I would really appreciate if someone can guide whether Michelin latitude tour is better then pirelli as till now I have only used energy xm2 in both innova and city.
you need to decide if you need HT or AT tyre. do you run over 100 kmph regularly or occasionally? roads on your daily commute can be considered as bad roads or good roads? that will help you to sort out AT vs HT tyre.

Pirelli's are decent AT tyre but IMO not really for real off-road.
for HT, if you are happy with Michelin stick to that brand
Old 17th August 2016, 00:58   #132

I am following this thread for quite sometime now. Wanted to replace steel wheels with alloys for my XUV 500 w6. I stay at Mumbai suburbs. Any pointers from where i can buy good alloys. Any help will be appreciated.

Mod Note - Please proofread your posts and do simple spellcheck before posting.

Last edited by SDP : 17th August 2016 at 12:47. Reason: Multiple Typos
Old 5th September 2016, 11:13   #133

Hi,

Finally booked my XUV5OO last weekend. First it was waiting for AT. Then realized that Mahindra didnt keep the Start/Stop button in AT. Now they added that as well. So no more excuses.

Need advice on Tyre up sizing. I see two options from what ever i research i did till now.

255/60 R17 &
265/65 R17

I needed a tyre that would fit perfectly in the frame of the car and not jut outside. Will the 265/65 be too big. Anyone who did this upgrade and with a photo to share?

Rgds./ Kiran
Old 16th September 2016, 07:01   #134

I booked XUV yesterday. I could only go till W6 model due to budget constraints. I have a question on alloy wheels. Do I need to replace it as soon as I buy vehicle or I can wait ? Can some one suggest a shop where I can do exchange ? Also it would be good to know cost involved.

Thank you in advance.
Old 23rd September 2016, 10:58   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranmohandas View Post
Hi,
Need advice on Tyre up sizing. I see two options from what ever i research i did till now.

255/60 R17 &
265/65 R17

I needed a tyre that would fit perfectly in the frame of the car and not jut outside. Will the 265/65 be too big. Anyone who did this upgrade and with a photo to share?

Rgds./ Kiran
Just curious, why you feel the need for upsize? The stock tire size is more than adequate in size and width.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranms View Post
I booked XUV yesterday. I could only go till W6 model due to budget constraints. I have a question on alloy wheels. Do I need to replace it as soon as I buy vehicle or I can wait ? Can some one suggest a shop where I can do exchange ? Also it would be good to know cost involved.

Thank you in advance.
As long as you retain the tires its ok. If you want to swap tires then you better do it on first day itself within 20kms or so.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks