Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2017, 17:02   #181
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Congrats on the change, Avinash. I see that you have updated your ownership thread as well. You seem to be on an upgrade/new install spree!
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:09   #182
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vikram, Am keen to know how has been your experience so far with the Pirelli? My truck is due for tyre change in few months and i was considering Pirelli, however though the Pirelli's are known for its performance but due to the soft compound they are prone to be worn out pretty fast. however, am not sure about the "Scorpion ATRs"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Hi Avimal

I just completed 1000 kms on the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs and have to say they are miles ahead of the OEM Apollo Apterras.

Cheers
Old 14th March 2017, 20:16   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Hi Vikram, Am keen to know how has been your experience so far with the Pirelli? My truck is due for tyre change in few months and i was considering Pirelli, however though the Pirelli's are known for its performance but due to the soft compound they are prone to be worn out pretty fast. however, am not sure about the "Scorpion ATRs"
Hi lohitrao

I completed 25k+ on the scorpion ATRs. True to their word, they are very grippy tyres. I have never deviated from a straight line while hard braking and they tend to grip very well in loose mud/slush. Highway dynamics are up to the mark but the one negative of any AT tyre is that due to the broad rubber blocks, they tend to be noisy. Above 110, the tyres have significant road noise (a fact not helped by the poor NVH levels of the XUV). I have also tried to push the car beyond 150 just to see how they hold up and there is not even the slightest shudder on the steering wheel. Solidly built, good for speed, highway and mild off roading (including excellent grip on inclines/declines). The only negative is road noise. Another plus is that despite 25k+ usage, they look less than 50% used hinting I should be able to get atleast 50k out of them (instead of 35-40k that the dealer expected them to last). Let me know what you decide.
vikram31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:18   #184
BHPian

I have scorpion ATRs on my xuv but I have clocked only 5000 km or so. These are not as soft as Michelins. I have nothing to complain so far.

As others have pointed already, they are little noisy above 110 kmph but I think that is expected from any ATR. I would say pirrellis are less noisy among ATRs. If you drive too often above 100 kmph then you should go for HT tyres.

Last edited by avimal : 14th March 2017 at 20:32.
avimal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2017, 20:31   #185
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Vikram for the detailed and quick response, how good are they on bad/rough roads? presently i have Hawkz on my truck and i dont think road noise will be a issue

Going through yours and Avimal's feedback now am inclined towards Pirelli, earlier was considering Michelin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Hi lohitrao

I completed 25k+ on the scorpion ATRs. True to their word, they are very grippy tyres. I have never deviated from a straight line while hard braking and they tend to grip very well in loose mud/slush. Highway dynamics are up to the mark but the one negative of any AT tyre is that due to the broad rubber blocks, they tend to be noisy. Above 110, the tyres have significant road noise (a fact not helped by the poor NVH levels of the XUV). I have also tried to push the car beyond 150 just to see how they hold up and there is not even the slightest shudder on the steering wheel. Solidly built, good for speed, highway and mild off roading (including excellent grip on inclines/declines). The only negative is road noise. Another plus is that despite 25k+ usage, they look less than 50% used hinting I should be able to get atleast 50k out of them (instead of 35-40k that the dealer expected them to last). Let me know what you decide.
Old 14th March 2017, 22:39   #186
BHPian

I have scorpion atrs on my xuv and has completed 34000 kms in last 10 months.It has excellent grip on bad roads.Please check out moderator Anshuman's offroading videos with scorpion atrs on his XUV. My tyres should last another 10K.
Old 14th March 2017, 23:14   #187
BHPian

Oh yes very few can duplicate Apollo pains. They are pretty good on bad and rough roads. Have never found any terrain unsuitable for them so far
Old 18th April 2017, 19:02   #188
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for new set of tyres for my XUV 500 (FWD). I seem to have had good deal with the stock BS D684s, they are now going to retire, haven't had many issues or punctures so far with 83K on the Odo.
My usage pattern (as I can predict at this point) would be long hauls on highways to reach some amazing locations/hills/mountains, a couple of more average trips a quarter and a long (south to north, east or west) trip a year.
I was inclined towards BS D684 since I have heard other brands seem to be giving the issues where vehicle is dragging towards left etc, haven't had a confirmation on this but read a few owners (Michelin, Pirelli) complaining about it! not sure if it was an issue with WA/WB leading to it!!
I see that the BS D684 prices have increased from ~12K to ~14K+ now. Michelin Latitude Tour HP seems to have reduced now to ~12K, Pirelli is still at around 12K or so.
I've narrowed it down to two, Michelin and Pirelli now, both should be come around 12K or so. Based on your experiences and knowledge, can you guys please suggest me which one should I be going for?
Thanks in advance!
Old 18th April 2017, 19:41   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I have scorpion atrs on my xuv and has completed 34000 kms in last 10 months.It has excellent grip on bad roads.Please check out moderator Anshuman's offroading videos with scorpion atrs on his XUV. My tyres should last another 10K.
I use Scorpion ATRs on my 4x4 Fortuner, but I have faced a number of punctures e.g. when trail driving.

They are very good for highway driving, but have a fuel efficiency penalty of 0.5 - 1kmpl compared to my previous HT tyre.

Jury is still out re whether I again buy Scorpions or go for Continental or Yoko ATs. My driving pattern is 60% highways, 25% horrible roads, and 15% offroading.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 06:48   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for new set of tyres for my XUV 500 (FWD). I seem to have had good deal with the stock BS D684s, they are now going to retire, haven't had many issues or punctures so far with 83K on the Odo.
My usage pattern (as I can predict at this point) would be long hauls on highways to reach some amazing locations/hills/mountains, a couple of more average trips a quarter and a long (south to north, east or west) trip a year.
I was inclined towards BS D684 since I have heard other brands seem to be giving the issues where vehicle is dragging towards left etc, haven't had a confirmation on this but read a few owners (Michelin, Pirelli) complaining about it! not sure if it was an issue with WA/WB leading to it!!
I see that the BS D684 prices have increased from ~12K to ~14K+ now. Michelin Latitude Tour HP seems to have reduced now to ~12K, Pirelli is still at around 12K or so.
I've narrowed it down to two, Michelin and Pirelli now, both should be come around 12K or so. Based on your experiences and knowledge, can you guys please suggest me which one should I be going for?
Thanks in advance!
I see Latitude Sports 3 and LTX Force available on Michelin website in 235/65 - R17 size.
Has anyone got any experience with any of them? How are they compared with Latitude Tour HP when Safety, Longevity and bad-road capabilities in mind, in that order?!!
Old 24th April 2017, 07:48   #191
J.Ravi

Quote:
Latitude Sports 3
My XUV 500 got its 4 stock OE tyres replaced recently after 54 k km with Michelin Latitude Sport 3. The details are here.
  (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2017, 08:01   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
My XUV 500 got its 4 stock OE tyres replaced recently after 54 k km with Michelin Latitude Sport 3. The details are here.
Thank you Ravisir,

I've had a quick look at your post while adding LS3 to the list. How many kms have you added to the new set of tyres by now? Any further experience to share apart form the first 50kms? I'm assuming LS3 is performance oriented when compared to the Latitude series. I'm waiting to see the difference in terms of cost and take a call, I may stick to latitude though, considering the proven on-road behavior with Latitude series.
Old 24th April 2017, 13:44   #193
J.Ravi

Quote:
Any further experience to share apart form the first 50kms?
Today, I drove for another 85 km in city and 4-lane highway. So far, so good. No complaints.
  (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 01:31   #194
Senior - BHPian

I've narrowed it down to Latitude Tour HP. Madhus (Bengaluru) got them but its DOT==2316, almost Jun first week, last year. I'm thinking of not going that far and see if I can get tyres around 6 months old in the market. I'm going to check with other dealers in the city. Please let me know if you come across any whos got them available.
TIA.
Old 8th May 2017, 12:36   #195
BHPian

Hello everyone,
I am in the market looking for a replacement to the BS Duelers that came factory fitted on my XUV (1st Gen-2014 W6).
The tyres have completed 35K KM and are nearing replacement.
I zeroed down to the following 2 options:
1. BS Duelers (the tyre that came factory fitted with the car)
2. Maxxis Bravo AT

The spare is a brand new one and has not been used even once.

The dealer told me that he will buy back the spare BS Dueler for 10K however he told me that the BS Dueler doesnt come with warranty and was pushing for NEXEN AT Tyre. I asked for the Maxxis too however he told that Maxxis was selling with some partnership in India and now the company has restructured and are going all alone with the sales of their tyres in India which will take approximately 2 months and Maxxis tyres wont be available for this duration.

Can someone tell me if this is true and if anyone who has used NEXEN tyres, can review them.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks