Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2018, 10:34   #301
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Anyone has changed XUV tyres to Fortuner tyres?

When i went to check for a quote, I was recommended to shift to Fortune stock tyres. The dealer says few XUV's have used this and no issues till now.

Dealer even quoted less for the Fortuner tyres when compared to stock

Any feedback on this?
Old 17th August 2018, 21:28   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragstar View Post
I drive a XUV W8 2012 model with stock Bridgestone HT tyres. Just crossed the 1,20,000kms mark on the odo with stock tyres. And they still have juice to go another 7-8k kms. The ride has become a little bumpy but road grip is still decent.

I fail to understand how come other XUV owners here are getting 40 / 50k life on their tyres. I spoke to Tyre dealers in my city and mechanics at the Mahindra dealership, both said that on an average Bridgestone gives 80k life, others give about 50k life.

1,20,000 kms?

Stock Bridgestone Dueler are the best for XUV. All-rounder.

My stock Bridgestone were going strong at 71,000 kms and had still 10K kms life when I changed them due to Ladakh trip back then. I shifted to Michelin Lattitude Tour HP which have become completely bald now at 1,16,000 kms. I'm shifting back to good ol' Brdigestone Dueler now
TheIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 20:36   #303
BHPian

I need help regarding change of tyres for my XUV. I need help to decide on the below mentioned tyres. My usage is mainly in city i.e around 70% and 30% on highways. My priorities will be FE>Grip>Comfort. Though I'll like to be tyres to be as silent as possible but at the same time looking at the various labeling of these tyres I'm given to understand that most of these tyres have noise levels of 70-73 decibels so I don't think that they are class apart from each other. The choices which I have are mentioned below, will need inputs from members on helping me make the correct choice. Also my running per year is around 10k hence most likely my tyres will get changed with age limit of 5/6 years and not on kms driven,
1. Continental Cross Contact UHP FR 104H, @14400
2. Goodyear Wrangler HP/AW 104H, @11225
3. Bridgestone Dueler D684 TL 112T, @13603
4. Hankook Dynapro HP P 104H, @13168

From the thread I understand that Dueler is really long lasting, but given the fact I'll not be driving so much it may not be a deal breaker. I'm tilted towards Hankook or Continental, does it makes sense? Pricing wise Goodyear Wrangler is very good and independent dealer's also vouch for it.

What should be the ideal choice?
Old 27th August 2018, 23:05   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
I need help regarding change of tyres for my XUV. I need help to decide on the below mentioned tyres. My usage is mainly in city i.e around 70% and 30% on highways. My priorities will be FE>Grip>Comfort. Though I'll like to be tyres to be as silent as possible but at the same time looking at the various labeling of these tyres I'm given to understand that most of these tyres have noise levels of 70-73 decibels so I don't think that they are class apart from each other. The choices which I have are mentioned below, will need inputs from members on helping me make the correct choice. Also my running per year is around 10k hence most likely my tyres will get changed with age limit of 5/6 years and not on kms driven,
1. Continental Cross Contact UHP FR 104H, @14400
2. Goodyear Wrangler HP/AW 104H, @11225
3. Bridgestone Dueler D684 TL 112T, @13603
4. Hankook Dynapro HP P 104H, @13168

From the thread I understand that Dueler is really long lasting, but given the fact I'll not be driving so much it may not be a deal breaker. I'm tilted towards Hankook or Continental, does it makes sense? Pricing wise Goodyear Wrangler is very good and independent dealer's also vouch for it.

What should be the ideal choice?
I can vouch for Michelin Primacy SUV tyres. Silent and comfortable with good life of around 80,000 kms. Priced around 12-13k. Tried and tested. The second choice would be Dueler or Continental.
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:25   #305
BHPian

My XUV is currently on its 3rd set of JK Elanzos. These have run around 50K and are showing signs of wear. Planning to switch to Bridgestone Dueler D684.

I heard of this online tyre portal TyesNMore from a colleague. Post delivery,the technicians also fit them ,do the wheel alignment & balancing.They have a mobile alignment/balancing unit. The cost on the website is all inclusive ( delivery + fitment ). Currently, they quote 13.5k for Bridgestone dueler.

Have any BHP-ians used their services?
Old 3rd October 2018, 14:39   #306
BHPian

Hi,
I had just changed my stock Bridgestone Duellers after 80K run with Michelin. All four were changed. After a run of around 5K, got a nasty shock on a rough state highway section. A piece of the corner tread block cleanly sliced off. Have attached the pics down below. The Michelins are still under warranty. Would this be covered under the standard warranty ? Anybody has any experience of warranty under these conditions of wear ? Don't really want to take on a spend of 12+ K within a 5k run of the tyre. Would be glad for any suggestions or experience feedback. Thanks in advance.

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20181003_112815.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-20181003_112825.jpg
Old 3rd October 2018, 15:56   #307

Dear Friends,
I have been using JK stock tyres on my XUV W4 for four years with 75000 Km till date. The tyres are now due for replacement as you would imagine.

I have been quite satisfied with these tyres and though most of my running is within the city (Mumbai), I drive to Pune and back once a month, where I usually drive around 110 Km/h going up to 130 occasionally.

Since I am accompanied by my wife (and occasionally one or two of the children) and luggage comprises a couple of suitcases max, there is not much load on the car.

Could someone recommend good tyres around 10K going up to 12 K? (Indian and foreign)

Thanks and regards
Kris
Old 7th October 2018, 07:22   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_t View Post
Dear Friends,
I have been using JK stock tyres on my XUV W4 for four years with 75000 Km till date. The tyres are now due for replacement as you would imagine.

Could someone recommend good tyres around 10K going up to 12 K? (Indian and foreign)

Thanks and regards
Kris
Goodyear Wrangler A/T (Or HP/HT) if you can find them. Superb value for money.
If you can stretch upto 11k or so can get Pirelli Scorpion Verde
vikram31 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2018, 07:23   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogibear007 View Post
Hi,
I had just changed my stock Bridgestone Duellers after 80K run with Michelin. All four were changed. After a run of around 5K, got a nasty shock on a rough on't really want to take on a spend of 12+ K within a 5k run of the tyre. Would be glad for any suggestions or experience feedback. Thanks in advance.
Doesnt look like warranty will cover that. I have always felt Mich's are a bit soft for the harsh indian roads.
Old 8th October 2018, 11:57   #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishv1987 View Post
My XUV is currently on its 3rd set of JK Elanzos. These have run around 50K and are showing signs of wear. Planning to switch to Bridgestone Dueler D684.

I heard of this online tyre portal TyesNMore from a colleague. Post delivery,the technicians also fit them ,do the wheel alignment & balancing.They have a mobile alignment/balancing unit. The cost on the website is all inclusive ( delivery + fitment ). Currently, they quote 13.5k for Bridgestone dueler.

Have any BHP-ians used their services?

Thanks for the info. I checked out their site. Pirelli XL seems to be in my budget. How would you rate it as compared to JK Elanzo and Apollo Apterra?

Would much appreciate your inputs.
Regards
Old 8th October 2018, 13:31   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Goodyear Wrangler A/T (Or HP/HT) if you can find them. Superb value for money.
If you can stretch upto 11k or so can get Pirelli Scorpion Verde
Hi Vikram,
I checked out the tech specs for both Goodyear A/T and Pirelli XL S-ATR (Scorpion). The one aspect that stood out and is a bit puzzling is that while the Goodyears weigh in at 14 Kg, the Pirelli weighs only 8 Kg.

Why is there such a difference? Or is this an error? Does using a lighter tyre affect its life?

Regards
Old 8th October 2018, 13:34   #312
SDP
Team-BHP Support

After switching from the noisy stock JK Elanzos to super-silent Michelin Lattitude Tour HP at 30000kms, switched to Goodyear Wrangler AT at 70500kms.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 17:11   #313
BHPian

Any specific reason you switched to AT? Planning to do more off roading? I too switched to Michelin Latitude Tour HPs at 30,000 kms, about a year ago. Pretty happy with them too.
Stryker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 12:19   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_t View Post
Thanks for the info. I checked out their site. Pirelli XL seems to be in my budget. How would you rate it as compared to JK Elanzo and Apollo Apterra?

Would much appreciate your inputs.
Regards
The stock JK Elanzo is not that great. Uneven wear of the side walls [despite tyre rotation] is a very common issue . This often results in the car drifting slightly in either direction. The tyre noise is on the higher side. I have nt used the Pirellis or Apollo so I cant really comment on either. The Bridgestone Duellers however are long lasting,have good braking ability & measure up well on the noise scale as well.
satishv1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2018, 12:27   #315
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
Any specific reason you switched to AT? Planning to do more off roading? I too switched to Michelin Latitude Tour HPs at 30,000 kms, about a year ago. Pretty happy with them too.
No offroading plans as such. But I do believe the car would see J&K or HP soil sooner than later.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks